First nugget with the GP3000

My first nug with the 3000! :D Right at 1/2 gram. Heard it at 4-5 inches with the stock 11 DD. With this good California weather we're having (was at least 60-65 deg today) I'm going to have to get out as much as I can...

post-29631-0-62002900-1326074941_thumb.j

I run in fixed exclusively. It is good to ground balance frequently, even if your machine is running smooth to

your ears. Every time I run over a screaming target, I ground balance (something you would do if running

in tracking mode) just to remind myself to do it. Now it is just habit for me and I push the button and balance

the detector frequently, especially if there is a threshold disturbance. Swing the the side of the disturbance,

balance and swing back over the suspect target. Hope it is still there.

I run in fixed exclusively. It is good to ground balance frequently, even if your machine is running smooth to

your ears. Every time I run over a screaming target, I ground balance (something you would do if running

in tracking mode) just to remind myself to do it. Now it is just habit for me and I push the button and balance

the detector frequently, especially if there is a threshold disturbance. Swing the the side of the disturbance,

balance and swing back over the suspect target. Hope it is still there.

Yeah, ever since the GMT, I loved the "grab" button but hated the auto tracking. Always ran it it in fixed with the grab button for changes. Auto tracking seems to get out of whack and confuse the detector. One second it's a target and the next, who knows... Did it GB to the target? Too many variables, don't we have enough already?

Like you said, manual GB so nothing changes until you want/need it to change.

WTG Warren-- Congrats on the nuggie!!

Nice chatting with you yesterday and hope to see you again soon!! Best of Luck and that 3000 is dialed in now!!

Ron

WJ, Congrats on breaking in your 3000. I have the same detector with stock coil. I also did the Radio Shack thing , works great!

Question for anyone, I thought my stock 11" coil was a DD. When I brought my detector into a prospecting supply shop in Prescott Valley, the guy stated it was a Mono coil. That Minelab sold them with the detectors. But my coil has the exact same markings as WJ's. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Confused?

WJ, Congrats on breaking in your 3000. I have the same detector with stock coil. I also did the Radio Shack thing , works great!

Question for anyone, I thought my stock 11" coil was a DD. When I brought my detector into a prospecting supply shop in Prescott Valley, the guy stated it was a Mono coil. That Minelab sold them with the detectors. But my coil has the exact same markings as WJ's. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Confused?

To easily test any coil to find out whether its a DD or Mono

Plug in the coil and select cancel on the front panel, turn the detector on and wave a small over it at 6"

if the coil responds loudly it is a DD, if there is hardly no response until you practically rub the coin on the coil

then it is a Mono, this happens because Mono coils cant be run in cancel mode without losing 95% of there target response.

Pete

To easily test any coil to find out whether its a DD or Mono

Plug in the coil and select cancel on the front panel, turn the detector on and wave a small over it at 6"

if the coil responds loudly it is a DD, if there is hardly no response until you practically rub the coin on the coil

then it is a Mono, this happens because Mono coils cant be run in cancel mode without losing 95% of there target response.

Pete

Thanks Pete, that's useful info for everyone.

Have a Good day,

Jim

Archived