New patch above an older one

Yo All ... So a couple weeks ago I had an unsettling confrontation with Joe Shoulders up on Happy Ridge ... I really thought I'd cleaned that patch up, so decided to abandon it in search of other areas ... But something kept bugging me and today I went back and hiked up above the Happy Ridge area and into ground that looked the same as the original patch, but was a good quarter mile away and 500 feet higher in elevation ... The thing that's interesting about this area is that there's what Montana Bob calls "Juicy" looking ground, including greenstone schist, iron pyrite, quartz, ironstone and good old weathered laterite type oxidized iron ground ... But, the patches I've found here are barren looking grey dirt in between those rich looking areas, the latter of which have no color or nuggets ... Anyhow, today, in an up hill extension of Happy Ridge I hit a small patch that I'll get back to for some more intensive search ... The total of the three nuggets is 2.7 DWT, solid chunky little boogers and fun to find all in about an 18 square foot patchlet ... About $150 at today's gold price, but priceless in fun and soul satisfying results ... MLGP4500, NF14 E Mono, original fiberglas body ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-30-0-47873400-1334292886_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-15287000-1334292913_thumb.jpg

Guest goldstudmuffin

Yo All ... So a couple weeks ago I had an unsettling confrontation with Joe Shoulders up on Happy Ridge ... I really thought I'd cleaned that patch up, so decided to abandon it in search of other areas ... But something kept bugging me and today I went back and hiked up above the Happy Ridge area and into ground that looked the same as the original patch, but was a good quarter mile away and 500 feet higher in elevation ... The thing that's interesting about this area is that there's what Montana Bob calls "Juicy" looking ground, including greenstone schist, iron pyrite, quartz, ironstone and good old weathered laterite type oxidized iron ground ... But, the patches I've found here are barren looking grey dirt in between those rich looking areas, the latter of which have no color or nuggets ... Anyhow, today, in an up hill extension of Happy Ridge I hit a small patch that I'll get back to for some more intensive search ... The total of the three nuggets is 2.7 DWT, solid chunky little boogers and fun to find all in about an 18 square foot patchlet ... About $150 at today's gold price, but priceless in fun and soul satisfying results ... MLGP4500, NF14 E Mono, original fiberglas body ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

Hi Uncle Ron,

Very nice looking gold, I'm free if you need someone to help watch for snakes at Happy Ridge :o

I don't have one single nugget from LSD or the V... :(

Yo Russ ... If you'll sign the non-disclosure I'd be happy to follow you up the hill if you walk slowly!!! I found a couple more up there today that I'll post a bit later ... These patches in the area are very small ... the lower one was like 100 feet square and this latest one is about 20' square ... It's very strange, the ground that looks like it should have gold has none, and the ground that looks like you should just blow it off has the nice little patches ... Cheers, Unc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Uncle Ron,

Very nice looking gold, I'm free if you need someone to help watch for snakes at Happy Ridge :o

I don't have one single nugget from LSD or the V... :(

Then do not take LSD when you are detecting then your luck might improve and also you might see snakes that are not there at happy ridge, but please do not take it at anytime and instead stick to beer beeping or a little whisky mixed with water or ginseng. I do now how V...(iagra) would help with detecting either unless it gives more stamina.