• Admin

Hello all,

On another thread there was some talk about the first SD2000's to hit the US soil. Here is a picture of some long time friends all using the SD2000's not long after the first release of them. Pictures Left to Right are - Al Barber, Brett Foster, Rob Allison and Patrick Kennison. This picture was taken back in the early 90's on the slopes of Rich Hill.

SD2000bunch (500x387).jpg

Hey AZNuggetBob, you might have seen this picture before. Not sure on the price of the SD2000's, you might be right at the $2000 or so range new. It was a huge investment for me at that time, but well worth it. I think I found a few nuggets with it. :wub:

For all you that don't know the very successful nuggethunter, Brett Foster, he was known for his 50+ ounce piece found in the Bradshaw's in the early 90's. The piece was on display at JW's Prospecting Store in Prescott Valley, Arizona for many years. I had the opportunity to hunt with him many times in Arizona and Nevada.

Hope you enjoyed.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

I remember Bret Foster but I can't say I know the other guys. The 2000 and pulse induction was a huge breaktrough

in technology for detecting. as far as I remember it was released in Australia first and didn't take long for news to come to the U.S.

I read they were selling them as fast as they could build them and the prices according to Jonathan Porter in 1995 they were selling in Australia as high as $10,000.

Everybody that was serious about nugget hunting back then here in the U.S.had to have one regardless of price. It was almost like the Sudan rush on the 4500's.The detectors were amazingly good at handling hot ground and hotrocks. and of course we all know less false signals means more gold and less holes.The first thing I did when I got mine was take it to every smokin hot patch that was driving my VLF's crazy. and what was funny is I wasn't the only pro hunter with that Idea. :huh: It was a rush to see who could hit all the known patches first.

The first trash can lid coils sucked they were made of fiberglass, heavy, chipped along the edge, boinged a lot when banged on rocks. They didn't have a lot going for them except great depth on larger gold.

AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey AZOverland,

Well I'm hoping so. Brett was diagnosed years ago with some type of bone disease or disorder. I can't remember everything he told me about it, so I don't want to guess too much. I know this slowed him down a bit, making it much harder for him to bend down and prospect prior to this happening. Brett used to spent a bunch of time around the Bumble Bee area working for a self taught Geologist friend of mine. Brett also used to travel to Northern Nevada and other locations to prospect. It was a pleasure to prospect with Brett in Arizona, a true nuggetshooter!

If anyone out there knows any updated information on Brett, it would be interesting to hear about it.

Take care,

Rob Allison