The happy bunch...

Hey all, I met up with three friends and we went detecting. We got to a location that we had hunted in the past and everyone started to detect. I got to thinking about a place that I saw on Google Earth that was a short distance away. I told the guys about it and we decided that Robert and I would go see if it was a digging or just an open area. Well after crawling downhill on our hands and knees, breaking manzanita branches and drawing blood we came out to this beatiful pit. It had been worked for gold.

We looked around and called George and Mark to let them know what we found. They decided to make the trek and come hunt. I told them what we had gone through but hey decided to come anyway. After getting them from one point to the next point they were finally on the ridge above us. I told them to find our tracks and just follow them. They did that and about forty minutes later they came out into the pit looking worse than we did. They were happy about the looks of the pit but that was soon to fade. I took a nap and let them hunt. This beatiful little pit was not going to give up one piece of gold.

It was starting to get late afternoon and the sun was going down. I told the guys that I was heading up a side draw towards the ridgetop trail and hunt along the way. I did that and after about an hour I heard the three of them start to break brush. I got to the top and could still hear them way down the hill. We hollered back and forth a few times for location and eventually they started to come out of the brush. They sure looked like a happy bunch. I was told that they were not going on any more of my walks, at least for a few weeks. All in all we had a good time even without any gold. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Woo Hoo look at that blood runnin hahaha.

Plenty of old dry blowing heaps in the pics Ray, might have only been a fine gold area.

Ya just gotta try them type of spots, being the 1st detector in there can really pay off.

Cheers for the great photo's mate.

Pete