2.5 days at Rich hill

Hey all:

Welp, we made it back safe and sound.

First day we were able to do about 4 hrs drywashing and then it started to rain. So we packed up the DW and detected until around 5. Got back and set up camp...then it rained some more! :)

Really windy by the fire that night.

Went out the second day and detected. Tried to suck up some areas and the dern vac. kept getting pluged with mud. Then it rained....saw some deer and a blue belly lizard. I was surprised the lizards were out. It was so cold it wouldnt move...I kind of held him and breathed on him for while and let him go. Poor thing.

Went back to camp and had a nice steak dinner...great time by the fire..no wind...then it rained!

Went to bed and it rained all night....hard. Woke up to little streams running through camp and gooey mud all over and....raining!. So, we decided to head out at 11 just in case I had to pull the RV with the 4runner.

The RV actually did pretty good. Didnt spin or slide Roads were pretty mushy.

Then it rained... :)

Got home safe and sound though and had a really good time....then it rained :P

Dad was able to get a nugget with his Gold bug pro. I got skunked!

Great time out, could only see Rich hill about half the time we were there....then it rained :)

Memories to last a lifetime.

Tom H.

Also...if any of you camp out up in that area....someone is stealing items from camps...Lock your stuff up. The lady at Stanton warned us.

Tom

Hey Tom,

I heard the same also about the stuff getting taken or borrowed ... I heard the people around Stanton know the vehicle and color.

They have the make and color of the vehicle and a backside description of the guy..

Hope they stop him.

Or someone else might with a bullet! DOH!

Tom H.

Thx for all the pics. Was just out there bout a month ago with my v3i. Didn't find any nuggets but took a lot of samples all over the weaver claims. Will be back out there shortly with my new 5000 I got from robs detectors. Fantastic folks to do business with. As for the thieves, what a shame. That's one of the many reasons I carry my Remington 870.

But my question is:

Did ya get any rain?????

:)

Any outing is a good outing!!!!!!!!!! Amen!

Also...if any of you camp out up in that area....someone is stealing items from camps...Lock your stuff up. The lady at Stanton warned us.

Tom

They have the make and color of the vehicle and a backside description of the guy..

Hope they stop him.

Or someone else might with a bullet! DOH!

Tom H.

Can we get that vehicle and description info too....

i am going up and campng the first of January and i need to know how much powder and what size bullets to load for my .45...

:ph34r:

Can we get that vehicle and description info too....

i am going up and campng the first of January and i need to know how much powder and what size bullets to load for my .45...

:ph34r:

The lady at the main office in Stanton said "small blue chevy truck" and they guy had long hair. She said the guy hightailed it and all they got was a back description. Stole a gas can from the Stanton RV park and something else but I forgot. Another guy said he had his propane tank stolen. Lock it up when you go out and at night.

Prospectors are not the correct bunch to be stealing from....they are all usually armed!

Tom

No doubt,,,he must have a death wish!!!! Braver than me!!!

i hate it when i have to lock stuff up~~~

Thanks again for the info ---

yellar time!!!!!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Supafly136 - Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the business and comments. You have the most powerful hand-held detector on the market, now it's time to get some gold! :P

For the most part, you don't hear about theft much in that region. However, there is always someone willing to take something without asking. Not sure if the guy is just a thief or someone struggling to make ends meet, but that is no excuse to steal. I think most prospectors would be more than willing to help out with a can of gas or whatever if asked in the right way. Honest and asking will get you a long way and build friendship, stealing will only get you black-balled from the entire region and you will be labeled a thief where ever you might roam.

i forgot to bring some oil once while at Rich Hill----and had to have a quart---rode over to Stanton and the first people i asked gave me one----

Saved me a long bumpy ride into town,,,,

That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Cool! Nice nugget Old Tom. Glad you got RV all hooked up in time, looked like a wet one!!

Tom, How did that spot yield on the ol drywasher, before the rain? I am into some decent drywashing ground lately but looks like it will have to wait awhile now!

Justin

Cool! Nice nugget Old Tom. Glad you got RV all hooked up in time, looked like a wet one!!

Tom, How did that spot yield on the ol drywasher, before the rain? I am into some decent drywashing ground lately but looks like it will have to wait awhile now!

Justin

Justin

Didnt give out spit....it was a bust. :(

Oh well....we found some other areas to try next time....if it ever dries out.

That red dirt was really hardpacked and clumpy. Needs to be run through a cement mixer or something to break it up.

Heres a pic of it

Tom

G'day Tom & Old Tom

Guys, this has been bugging me now all day, and i just cant help but feel you may have done

a lot better had you been wearing the families traditional Gold Prospecting Clothing hahahaha.... :P :P :spank:

index.jpg

Merry Christmas to all LMAO

Pete

Aaaaah, the Golden Diaper Claim. You would bring that picture out of retirement, Pete. I afraid this last weekend it was 'boots and ponchos'. I'd dress up in a tutu if I could find a place that yealded like that again. We don't get much rain here in Az but when we do it's usually all at once.

Cheers to ya mate.

Old Tom

Pete,

I almost wet myself when I saw that picture.

Tom & Old Tom,

Congrads on the color. Tom if you are like me a day in the mountains with your dad is a GREAT Gift from the one who gives life. I am thankful that my dad is still able to go out with me when we can, which might be once or twice a year. Looking to try to get down your way before the end of March. Seems like always something has to come up to postpone the trip.

Brent

Well Tom and old Tom it looks like you still had a good time even in the rain. Most people, I think, would have packed it in. That looks like a nice nugget also. You cant beat a trip out doing what you like to do especially with someone like your parents or a sibling. I hope to be back out there in April with my father for a week or so. Maybe we can actually meet and do some detecting, not just pass on the street while one of us is changing a flat.. Lol.

Bill

Pete,

I almost wet myself when I saw that picture.

Tom & Old Tom,

Congrads on the color. Tom if you are like me a day in the mountains with your dad is a GREAT Gift from the one who gives life. I am thankful that my dad is still able to go out with me when we can, which might be once or twice a year. Looking to try to get down your way before the end of March. Seems like always something has to come up to postpone the trip.

Brent

If you do make it down shoot me a PM....I could meet you guys up there.

Tom

Well Tom and old Tom it looks like you still had a good time even in the rain. Most people, I think, would have packed it in. That looks like a nice nugget also. You cant beat a trip out doing what you like to do especially with someone like your parents or a sibling. I hope to be back out there in April with my father for a week or so. Maybe we can actually meet and do some detecting, not just pass on the street while one of us is changing a flat.. Lol.

Bill

Bill:

Just let me know when your planning on being here. Ill drive up and we can swing for a day...or mabee camp out.

Tom H.

Sounds good. My father told me today that he might not go back with me. I'm not exactly sure why other than his interest are shifting back to shooting guns. I will still come out though.

Bill