Extreme heat and gold in WEST AUS

Some of us west Aussies are a mad bunch, 45c + and the gold still comes hahaha :P

This specie was part of a good 3 hr session in the cooler arvo heat of 38c :ph34r::spank::P

all up my tally for that day was 28 grms of filthy qrtz with 22 grms of the good gear in it and we lobbed onto a good new patch to boot.

The old mate "Goldstrijk" dropped onto a good solid slug of 9 grams clean just as we where truckin out, so we have a good gentle virgin slope to make sweet lovin to very soon

Im gold horny already and its only been 4 days haha :P :P :P

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers GW & Rob ^_^

Im off back up to Cue on the 14th or there abouts and i'm lookin forward to it as usual.

Geez i think we all go a bit nuts over the hot summer when we have to dream and

count down the days until it cools off...

Gold gold to you Fellas

and HH too

Pete

good to see you showing your face on another forum mate, seems to be a mass exodus from that other one lol, ill be joining you in the WA heat in 3 weeks time! cant wait me and the misses are packing up shop and moving there for 3-5 years so i may run into you in the scrub sometime & if your ever round leo way then send me a pm or something we could hook up for a swing at one of the tenements i have around there if ya want

ill also be one of those crazy bastards swinging in the heat...i love it! its not the heat that worrys me its the damn flies...so so so many of those damn things....i remember walking round last year and it looked like i had a black tshirt on from the back....nope just a thick layer of flies covering every inch! only saving grace is a fly net...without that i think they would drive me insane!

anyway good work on finding a new virgin! good arvo's work in the heat thats for sure

carms

Cheers Carms ;)

Ya gotta get your hands on that "Natures Botanical" fly cream mate, it's the Only thing that actually

gets rid of all flys, the Leo Information shop has it $22..

For sure Carms would be great to catch up mate and have a scratch..

Looking like 42c - 44c this week up at Cue, i'll be doing the siesta in the

arvo and then working it up until 1 or 2 am like usual in the summer..

Pete

only detected in the summer once in WA, last year though i did a long season from feb to oct so there were a couple of hot days in between although this year seems to have been a blighter all over aus. I was in the army for a few years doing the hard slog pack marching all over the country side in 40+ weather so it doesnt really worry me...gotta get some of that fly cream though, if it works like you say it will be my shout! i hate wearing the bloody fly net but its better then wearing the flys!

ill PM ya when im in town, i have a few nice places that work with 2 or more people detecting....i also have a place that has some ore...but i dont know what the damn stuff would look like but its actually surfaced so if you know that side of things we may be able to help each other out ;)

Im over here in rediculous wisconsin weather at the moment so im looking forward to the heat...better then -20 !

carms

Well, it was damn hot up at Cue over last weekend, could only detect from 4.30am through to 11am (43c)

and at it's peak in the arvos it was 48c haha

did we drink cold beers ? you bet but only after the main heat was gone, rest of the time it was water.

Not a lot of gold was got with 13 small nuggies to me, and my mate Pete got 7 and Johnno got 4 i think.

Time for a break in the cool for a month i reckon and then get back out there..

Carms - I also found a nice little leader last season and after detecting the top of it at 12 inches i cheselled

off the cap specimen stone and re buried it and way pointed it, might get back this season and jackhammer it out,

there's a bloke up in Meeka that has a small mill and will put a crush through for ya..

Pete