Detector lessons costing money? Good read

Yes but education and learning and persistence all come before success ...

along with other words like damn it, crap, and SKUNKED.

Doc

"SUCCESS" comes before "WORK" only in the dictionary. After 32 years and thousands of nuggets, I fully admit that I am still learning. And still willing to learn. HH Jim

Technological advantage, and or know how with respect to equipment, is a part of the equation to finding gold, and if I were the the owner of a brand new GPX5000 and I hadn't much of a clue how to operate a detector, or hadn't ever found a piece of gold, a good drill on know how and how not to waste time is going to go a long way in driving that first home made success. The other parts of the equation are research and putting your coil or scoop over the gold. Finding a nugget is even a great motivator and makes you confident of your equipment and search method.

I've found over the years different people need different approaches on learning new things depending on their personality, reading a manual can be good for one person but not necessarily good for another, watching a DVD can be very useful because new chums are learning subliminally whilst hopefully being entertained at the same time which is why I try to educate in that medium, in particular the sounds the detector makes comes through very strongly as a learning aid with video. Then there is written material like Chris Ralph's Fists Full of Gold' where the art of metal detecting is combined with the art of looking in the right place nicely laid out in a logical sequence with explanatory pictures and diagrams that you can access over and over again. Lastly theres the people who just need to be shown what to do in a one on one person to person experience in the field, particularly if the field location is in an area that has produced gold nuggets in the past.

I think all the methods above or at least a combination of some of the methods mentioned can help immensely in the learning curve of metal detection for gold.

JP

You said it, JP.... !!!

TheDreaded Learning Curve!!!!

iHaveHadThree..MakeThat4 minelabs And rob Has HelpedMeWithAllOfThem.....

iTryToBealoyal customer because of that...and i dont mind paying him to FLATTEN that stinkin curve :-)

i have bought all my detectors second hand, bit my other stuff i got from him...

are you kidding...... he has to charge for his time...i do!

Thx for everything Rob!

20.00 CheckOrMoney order will be fine....Lolol

paul

• 2 months later...

Rob, just read all these posts and just wanted to say that you are a great guy and a great dealer and prospector! you have made me very happy with your honesty, help, prices and friendship. Thank You very Much! negative stuff is just like politics, a bunch of crap! Chip

Hey Rob,

We know the truth about who you are, oh yeah, when I get lessons on how best to use my 5K I will be happy to pay what ever you charge because finding a half pound of gold for the weekend is something I would like to know how to do.