WIN A MINELAB GPX 5000 METAL DETECTOR - HELPING A DEALER IN NEED!

• Admin

Minelab GPX 5000 Raffle & More - Southern Family Fund

Hello All,

Well this morning I was scanning the Interent gold forums and happen to run across a very touching post. The post was about a fellow, local Minelab dealer here in Arizona that was struck with tragic news. This really touched me personally since it was not only a local Minelab dealer, but a friend and old nugget hunting partner. I seen right way how everyone was willing to help and pray for his family. My first thought being a Cancer survivor myself, is what would happen if that was my family? Well Bill Southern, owner of the NuggetShooter Store in Morristown, Arizona was given bad news about his longtime wife having terminal cancer. This is news that none of us want to hear, so I can't even imagine what is going through his mind, let alone is wife and family.

You can read more about the news on Bill Southern's forum at this link - http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24086

After some thought and reading the post above, I knew not having insurance that the bills would be overwhelming, something that their family don't need to stress over. I contact my rep at Minelab Americas and asked for permission to run a raffle on a new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. All the funds collected will go directly to Bill Southern and Family. I think this is an awesome opportunity for everyone to help a Brother in need, but at the same time have a shot at winning one of the most powerful metal detectors on the planet.

Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket, no limit on amount of tickets. At the end of the raffle I would personally drive over to Bill's, deliver the funds and allow him to pick the winner of the new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

I felt this would be the quickest way to raise the most amount of money in a short time period.

I'm hoping you all feel the same and are able to at least help out in some way, even if it's just the power of prayer for Bill and his family.

Grand Prize -

• Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector - From Minelab Americas & Rob's Detector Sales
  • Carbon Fiber Shaft - From Accuturn MFG/Herb Browning
  • GPX 5000 DVD - From Jonathan Porter

Other Prizes -

• Gold Specimen - Fred Mason
  • Meteorite - Fred Mason
  • (2) GPX 5000 DVD's - Jonathan Porter
  • (3) Detector Hipsticks - Chris Porter - Nevada Chris
  • (5) Pairs of SEAL SKINZ SOCKS - Jacob Macias
  • (3) Bottles of ultra premium California wine x 4 - Robert Sulatycky
  • LSD Footprint DVD - James Pressley
  • Vulture West Footprint DVD - James Pressley

How to Send Payment - $25 per ticket, no limit

(1) You can go to any Bank of America bank in the US and deposit the funds directly into this account # - 457020655606 This account was set up today 2-12-13 strickly for this fund and will be closed when the raffle ends and a Cashier's Check will be written to Bill directly.

(2) Send a check payable to "Bill Southern" to this mailing address -

Rob's Detector Sales

PO Box 8926

Surprise, AZ 85374

If you deposit funds into the B of A account, please email me so I can keep records of who deposited what to make sure you get your ticket numbers. You can email me at - auplacers@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Raffle End Date - is Friday March 1st @ 7pm Arizona time. After that date, I will no longer except Paypal or Bank Deposits to the account.

Hoping we can raise as much as possible.

Rob Allison

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob,

All I can say is WOW, your move to get assistance for Bill's situation is wonderful.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Bill and he is a really good guy, always helping out anyone who needs it.

I know many on the forums are praying for his wife and family, this is an amazing group of people....

Good on you Rob,

Jeff

Rob;

your actions speak volumes about your human values...truely a fine WWJD action!

If you want to keep the Raffle limited to the 5000 that is fine...

But I have a nice Rich Hill speci that I will contribute if you want some other prizes....some Gold Basin meteorites and maybe a piece of ironstone/quartz/gold slice from Oz...

fred

Rob,

It is gratifying to see your heartfelt and warm efforts on Bill's behalf.
It is also completely in character with who you are and I want to thank you
for stepping in to help one of us.

Bill Southern has always been at the forefront of many efforts to help forum members
who have run into life's unimaginable emergencies and tragedies.
His immediate response to these situations is now predictable,
he always steps in to help.
It is part of who he is.
He is a rough and tumble man and many times comes off gruff and tough and I guess he is,
but he is much more;
he is also generous and open hearted and yes, sensitive.

It is an honor to have the chance to return some of Bill's kindnesses.
Thank you again Rob for giving us an opportunity.

There are also other means open to us to help; the direct mailing of a check is one.

On Bill's site there are instructions from NvChris on how to make a contribution
via PayPal

Whatever method we choose to help, prayers, written communication or other means,
we have the power to help bring the Southern's a measure of strength, faith and courage
as they face their unimaginable difficulties.

Rob;

your actions speak volumes about your human values...truely a fine WWJD action!

If you want to keep the Raffle limited to the 5000 that is fine...

But I have a nice Rich Hill speci that I will contribute if you want some other prizes....some Gold Basin meteorites and maybe a piece of ironstone/quartz/gold slice from Oz...

fred

I would also donate a nugget to a prize pool.

Bunk

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Please re-visit the main post above for details on how to send payment. It's $25 per ticket and there are two options right now, Paypal or a B of A account that I set up today to take dontions. I have also gotten more request where others want to add some other goodies, so maybe we can have a multiple prize raffle for this "Bill Southern" donation.

Rob Allison

Bill,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. If you should need anything or have any questions, I am here. As a hospice nurse, I can assist in finding resources for you and answer any questions about the process you have or just be there for you as a friend in need. You have our numbers, use them whenever you need, anytime of day or night.

Dawn Allison

Lets leverage the power of social media!

I'll post this to my FaceBook page and ask all my FB friends to share the link on there pages.

This has the potential to reach far beyond the detecting community.

Update the FB sharing has started! I have friends world wide so……

If the winner is overseas I'll pay the shipping!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Just an update, everything is moving along great. I have some friends that are going to spread the work at some of the local clubs and even the Quartzsite Gold Show this coming weekend. A handful of people have asked to contribute products to the raffle, which I think is great. I guess we just need to coordinate with all of them and figure out how we want to do it. One single grand prize, or multiple prizes.

Make sure you're passing the word around, most imortantly the willingness for prayer.

Rob Allison

I was happy to buy some tickets, heck, I wish I could buy more. The one thing that many of us have here is gold. I personally would be happy to kick into the poke. Even if its only a little it adds up. 31 guys with a gram is an ounce. Just spitballin trying to come up with more ways to help bill and the family. Don't get me wrong this raffle is nothing short of genius. Well done Rob.

Rob, excellent idea Suzy and I’ll be glad to help another family hit with cancer. We’ll be keeping Bill and Barb in our prayers. Tomorrow morning we’ll get on Pal-Pal and donate what we can. You and Dawn give Bill a warm smile from all of us dealing with this disease. God Bless you two for doing this... it will not be forgotten.

Fritz...