HELP A DEALER IN NEED - WIN A MINELAB GPX 5000 Detector

• Admin

Minelab GPX 5000 Raffle & More - Southern Family Fund

Hello All,

Well this morning I was scanning the Interent gold forums and happen to run across a very touching post. The post was about a fellow, local Minelab dealer here in Arizona that was struck with tragic news. This really touched me personally since it was not only a local Minelab dealer, but a friend and old nugget hunting partner. I seen right way how everyone was willing to help and pray for his family. My first thought being a Cancer survivor myself, is what would happen if that was my family? Well Bill Southern, owner of the NuggetShooter Store in Morristown, Arizona was given bad news about his longtime wife having terminal cancer. This is news that none of us want to hear, so I can't even imagine what is going through his mind, let alone is wife and family.

You can read more about the news on Bill Southern's forum at this link - http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24086

After some thought and reading the post above, I knew not having insurance that the bills would be overwhelming, something that their family don't need to stress over. I contact my rep at Minelab Americas and asked for permission to run a raffle on a new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. All the funds collected will go directly to Bill Southern and Family. I think this is an awesome opportunity for everyone to help a Brother in need, but at the same time have a shot at winning one of the most powerful metal detectors on the planet.

Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket, no limit on amount of tickets. At the end of the raffle I would personally drive over to Bill's, deliver the funds and allow him to pick the winner of the new Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector.

I felt this would be the quickest way to raise the most amount of money in a short time period.

I'm hoping you all feel the same and are able to at least help out in some way, even if it's just the power of prayer for Bill and his family.

Grand Prize -

• Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector - From Minelab Americas & Rob's Detector Sales
  • Carbon Fiber Shaft - From Accuturn MFG/Herb Browning
  • GPX 5000 DVD - From Jonathan Porter

Other Prizes -

• Gold Specimen - Fred Mason
  • Meteorite - Fred Mason
  • (2) GPX 5000 DVD's - Jonathan Porter
  • (3) Detector Hipsticks - Chris Porter - Nevada Chris
  • (5) Pairs of SEAL SKINZ SOCKS - Jacob Macias
  • (3) Bottles of ultra premium California wine x 4 - Robert Sulatycky
  • LSD Footprint DVD - James Pressley
  • Vulture West Footprint DVD - James Pressley

How to Send Payment - $25 per ticket, no limit

(1) You can go to any Bank of America bank in the US and deposit the funds directly into this account # - 457020655606 This account was set up today 2-12-13 strickly for this fund and will be closed when the raffle ends and a Cashier's Check will be written to Bill directly.

(2) Send check payable to "Bill Southern" to this mailing address -

Rob's Detector Sales

PO Box 8926

Surprise, AZ 85374

If you deposit funds into the B of A account, please email me so I can keep records of who deposited what to make sure you get your ticket numbers. You can email me at - auplacers@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Raffle End Date - is Friday March 1st @ 7pm Arizona time. After that date, I will no longer except Paypal or Bank Deposits to the account.

Hoping we can raise as much as possible.

Rob Allison

Ah man...this is horrible news. I missed that post....Thanks for posting it. I saw he was not posting in his forum and wondered whats up.

Ill deffinently buy into the raffle to help him out. Or just help him out....

Will be praying for him and wife also.
Tom H.

Prayers for Bill and his wife.

im in.

Great Move Rob.....This Is Another Example Of Why i Love This Bunch Of People...

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I'm just acting as a person that can help raise the money. I want to raise as much funds as possible, but also let people know so they can also pray for Bill's wife and family. I've already had a bunch of guys talk about pretty good donations towards this raffle.

My thoughts are to set up some type of paypal account to collect the funds. I would then like to withdrawl the funds and give a check personally to Bill Southern and family. At that same time, I was hoping Bill might draw out the lucky winner of the Minelab GPX 5000.

All I can ask is you pass this info around to all the local clubs, friends and such so we can raise as much as possible for a good cause. I'm hoping I can get some fellow Minelab dealers involved to support this great cause.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Hey Guys,

I'm just acting as a person that can help raise the money. I want to raise as much funds as possible, but also let people know so they can also pray for Bill's wife and family. I've already had a bunch of guys talk about pretty good donations towards this raffle.

My thoughts are to set up some type of paypal account to collect the funds. I would then like to withdrawl the funds and give a check personally to Bill Southern and family. At that same time, I was hoping Bill might draw out the lucky winner of the Minelab GPX 5000.

All I can ask is you pass this info around to all the local clubs, friends and such so we can raise as much as possible for a good cause. I'm hoping I can get some fellow Minelab dealers involved to support this great cause.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

I want to send you a check Rob. Can I just note on the bottom it is for Bill & Barb?

Rob

Been out of the Country for the last couple years... Sorry to hear about Bill, he and his family are in my prayers.....I got the word from a post on FB from Terry Soloman.. I would like to arrange for two tickets.. but I do not have pay pal.. Would it be possible for my better half drop by with a check later on this week I would appriciate it..

Very Respectfully

RANGERMG

Timothy Hatch

rangermg18@yahoo.com

I pledge to buy tickets and if I'm Lucky enough to win I promise to donate the prize back for another raffle or sell it outright and give the funds to Bill.

You're a true man of action Rob, and kudos to ML for stepping up to the plate and hitting a grand slam.

I'll donate 3 Hipsticks to the raffle, for runner up prizes.

Dear Rob,

I'm going to sit out of the raffle. Being a Minelab dealer, I want to give the other guys a shot at a new GPX5000. But I already sent a donation to Bill via Pay Pal.

Rob, you're one helluva guy to organize this, but then anyone who knows you, knows that you are a gem.

If it doesn't screw things up too much I would like to donate some other items that can be raffled off as well to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, ticket drawn. Swingy Thingy's, Picks, other goodies that could be used as consolation prizes.

Doc