Russian meteorite

Not every day you can see a video of this!

Hope there are some guys with detectors over there that can make some money off of it.

Tom H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRqK3OWLqs

Man that thing sure put those Ruskies arse's in gear. I would have loved to know their language and understood some of their comments. Bet they thought that those crazy Yanks are sending missels over. Only natural with world tentions as they are. The detectorists are going to have a field day once the goverment allows the adverage Joe in there. That thing hit the ground and didn't explode over an wide area so I don't know just how dispersed the field would be, unlike Gold Basin.

Apparently a decent sized piece hit a frozen lake and scientists already have the lake blocked off.

looks like it fragmented into sizeable pieces. At 300 kilotons of energy, I'm glad that thing was coming in shallow and was essentially an airburst. They reckon it was 7000 tonnes and 15 m across. There certainly is the potential for a mishap if people have itchy fingers on the nuke buttons or the Yeltsin football.

Hope John B's buddy is all over this!!! ... I met him up at Gold Basin, but having serious

CRS on names and most everything else... There was a report that there were .5 to 1.0 cm pieces found around the hole in the ice that contained "iron and rock" ... I'm thinking there's going to be some very interesting info coming out of this fall after a while ... And I betcha the price on grams of this one will be astronomical ... Cheers, Unc

Wow!! Very cool burn was a yellow orange I would think stony or iron, I would love to find one of those blue burning ones. Not an expert but you would think there would be denser metal on the blue colored entries.