Half Pound Patch Discovered

• Admin

Hello All,

Well they are out there, but far and few inbetween. This half pound patch was discovered lately using a Minelab GPX 5000 and NF 14-inch coil. Always great to dig the first gold nugget and it turns out to be a multi-ouncer. Biggest nugget was 2.01 ounces, then 1.22 & 1.13 ounces. There are also 3-4 1/4 ouncers and the rest of the gold being about 3 Dwt's and under. Total weight was 6.1 ounces and all the gold was sluggy and solid. Been a long time since I dug three 1+ ouncers in a day of swinging.

Just goes to show it's still out there, but requires a lot of field work to find them. I'm excited to get back with a larger searchcoil! :o

walkergoldpatch%20(800x600).jpg

Wish me more luck ....

Rob Allison

CrimmY!!
Way to go man.

Thats a fantastic bunch of finds.

Glad you got em :)))
Tom H.

Oh, btw...6.1 oz is not a half pound. You have to find 1.9 more oz. :P
Dang that is some nice gold!!!!!

I would be drywashing the hell out of that area.. lol

Im still stuck in the old days of a half a pound is 8 oz...

Jez.............pounds...oz...dwt....your knocking out some fantastic finds there.

What the hey.... get more out of that area.

GO geet it! :)
Tom H.

Wow, three nuggets over an ounce, and solid ones at that. That is some seriously good detecting there Rob, congratulations. Two more months before I can even get out and you have gold already. Six inches of fresh snow yesterday, eight inches more predicted for today.

Heck, take the three big nuggets out and I would still be thrilled with those finds!

Fantastic Rob, what a great find! I brought the skunk home with me Saturday night, the only thing I found detecting that day was old wires, a flat piece of steel, and a rusted square can. I did find 4 small flakes in one pan sample I took from the creek. 1st time in the area... will have to investigate that creek some more when the water goes down.

More Au to you, Robert

Awesome goodies, there Rob ... Journalistic integriety and web forum ownership responsibilities means you have to provide a MUCH better story and detail than that ... Let's hear'em ... er, see um ... Congrats on a beutiful patch find ... Cheers, Unc

Darn nice beepin there Rob! Bet that was a fun day, a half pound usually takes me around a month of hard detecting and digging! Way to go and get in there with a big round there might be a pound nug at depth.

Justin.

Way to go!!!

That is nice stuff.....keep it coming.

BTW....i got the word today that I will def be going to Anchorage! ---Probably be going to Crow Creek Mine a lot.