On My Way To Anchorage---June 3rd

Hello all,

I am still trying to get over Rob's finds!!!!!-----WOWeeeeeee....

Anyways, looks like i will defintely be going to AK after this contract in Gainesville is up on the 11th of May.

My 89 y/o dad and i are going to go an a bucket list trip back to his hometown in KS, and then over to east TN where he raised our family.......then it will be adios to the lower 48 for awhile...

Questions:

1. What detector for Crow Creek mine? or maybe i should I ask,,,,Do i need a GB2 along with the 3500?
  2. Should I be looking to get a highbanker there at CC?

Any tips from anyone who has already been there? Steve H. I know you and you gang knows the area well, any help?

My email is pkirkll@yahoo.com and phone is 719-553-8691....

Also saw some snowy pictures of our claim over on the Southfork of the 40 Mile today... beautiful!

Thanks in advance for any help!

paul

Hi Paul,

I will be in Reno then and not back to Alaska until June 15. Sorry I will miss you or I would run to Crow Creek with you.

Tools for Crow Creek are a Gold Bug 2 or White's GMT, running the small 4" x 6" coils. You can try you GP but place has been pounded. Scrape and detect using a pick and rake is the way I go.

You can get pans, shovels, and sluices at Crow Creek (if they are not already all rented out). A highbanker can be very productive at Crow Creek but you will need your own. Check out my Crow Creek stories at the Steve's Mining Journal link below and the Public Mining Sites link for other possibilities in the area. Have fun and good luck!

Thanks Steve...

Will read the material!

I will be in Anchorage working at the VA on C street for at least 3 months

Maybe we can meet up after you get back.

thanks again for the info

paul

Paul you coming down before you head up? if so you can take the wet setup with you it will outperform anything out there. I just got out of the hospital and am at home now, found out it actually did rupture and had to stay a tad bit longer. Hit me up.

Justin

bb I'll be flying So I probably won't Be able to take that much...

i Don't Know If i Will Need The 3500 yet... Gonna grab a gb2 somewhere....When iget there i will have to find a deal on a sluice... or make one.

Glad to hear you made it off the cutting table ok...

Hello all,

I am still trying to get over Rob's finds!!!!!-----WOWeeeeeee....

Anyways, looks like i will defintely be going to AK after this contract in Gainesville is up on the 11th of May.

My 89 y/o dad and i are going to go an a bucket list trip back to his hometown in KS, and then over to east TN where he raised our family.......then it will be adios to the lower 48 for awhile...

Questions:

1. What detector for Crow Creek mine? or maybe i should I ask,,,,Do i need a GB2 along with the 3500?
  2. Should I be looking to get a highbanker there at CC?

Any tips from anyone who has already been there? Steve H. I know you and you gang knows the area well, any help?

My email is pkirkll@yahoo.com and phone is 719-553-8691....

Also saw some snowy pictures of our claim over on the Southfork of the 40 Mile today... beautiful!

Thanks in advance for any help!

paul

Paul:

Good luck up there and God speed.

Hope you are able to get out and detect and have some fun while your up there.

The days will be long at that time :) Watch out for the B-52 size mosquitos!

Tom H.

Paul you coming down before you head up? if so you can take the wet setup with you it will outperform anything out there. I just got out of the hospital and am at home now, found out it actually did rupture and had to stay a tad bit longer. Hit me up.

Justin

Dern Justin...what you doing to yourself down there?

Glad to hear your ok. Apenics?

Geet yourself better so you can go suck up some gold over yonder.....

Tom H.

Dern Justin...what you doing to yourself down there?

Glad to hear your ok. Apenics?

Geet yourself better so you can go suck up some gold over yonder.....

Tom H.

Hey thereTom, Yeah appendix! no biggie just going to be sore for a couple weeks then a short training season to try and get back into shape again arg!

Hey thereTom, Yeah appendix! no biggie just going to be sore for a couple weeks then a short training season to try and get back into shape again arg!

Crimmy....Just a burst appendix....no biggie?? :)

Glad you got it fixed up.

Tom

Tom,

He should be digging dirt in no time.... :spank:

Can't keep a good badger down----!!!!!

I actually think he can outdig a badger....

He will dig the buckets, get out of the hole, and have them over to me at the recirculator before i can even get the previous buckets run through! :huh:

I need to start telling people i have a 5-10 yard excavator!!!!! hahahaha..... ;)

paul