All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Earlier
  3. Hello All, We just received in a good conditioned, used Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. I will get some pictures up and the serial number for all you, but asking $2500 and this will include shipping with the US. Keep in mind, shipping is a killer anymore for these large boxes, the weight and the insurance value. Unit includes the following Minelab GPX 5000 Serial # (Unit in great shape) Detector Pro Black Widow Headphones- New 11" Commander Mono Searchcoil New GPX Wall Charger - Universal 12v Car Charger All hardware and lower shaft Coiltek Neoprene Control Box Cover (3) 5 Pin Power Cords If you're interested, contact us ASAP as we don't plan on having this unit long. We also check out the units, verify good working order along with parts and offer a 30 day warranty from date of purchase from us at Rob's Detector Sales. Contact info - Text - 602-909-9008 Call - 623-362-1459 LAN line, if no answer, leave detailed message Email - rob@robsdetectors.com Message me through the forums or PM me here. Rob
  4. Hello All, We just received in a good conditioned, used Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector. I will get some pictures up and the serial number for all you, but asking $2500 and this will include shipping with the US. Keep in mind, shipping is a killer anymore for these large boxes, the weight and the insurance value. Unit includes the following Minelab GPX 5000 Serial # (Unit in great shape) Detector Pro Black Widow Headphones- New 11" Commander Mono Searchcoil New GPX Wall Charger - Universal 12v Car Charger All hardware and lower shaft Coiltek Neoprene Control Box Cover (3) 5 Pin Power Cords If you're interested, contact us ASAP as we don't plan on having this unit long. We also check out the units, verify good working order along with parts and offer a 30 day warranty from date of purchase from us at Rob's Detector Sales. Contact info - Text - 602-909-9008 Call - 623-362-1459 LAN line, if no answer, leave detailed message Email - rob@robsdetectors.com Message me through the forums or PM me here. Rob
  5. David, It looks like you have been seriously afflicted with gold fever. Congratulations and I hope you have many interesting and memorable adventures. You write well, thanks for sharing your story!
  6. Hello All, Anyone looking for a used, Minelab GP Extreme or GP 3000 metal detector please reach out to us. We have both on the way in, traded for a newer unit. The have all stock accessories and potentially some other coils. I'm asking firm $1,500 for the GP Extreme and $1,750 for the GP 3000. This would include shipping and a 30 day guarantee from us that everything is working fine. We test all used units, testing settings and such to verify the moment they leave from us they are working fine. I will also have a used GPX 5000 metal detector, probably $2500 on that unit. If interested, text us at 602-909-9008, call office line at 623-362-1459, email us at - rob@robsdetectors.com or respond back here on this post. Rob
  7. Hello All, As you all know, Minelab is really running the specials lately, pretty much each month a different promo. Here are the current offering from Rob's Detector Sales via Minelab April 2024 Promo's. Any questions, call us, email or reply back to this thread. We would love to earn your business and get you set up for the season. Promotion #1: EQUINOX 700 with FREE PRO-FIND 40 • Product Name: EQUINOX 700 • Part Number: 3720-0005 • Promotional Item: FREE PRO-FIND 40 • Promotional Part Number: 3226-0005 • Buy In Timeline: Friday 03/12/2024 – Monday 4/8/2024 • PROMO Start Date: 04/02/2024 • PROMO End Date: 4/30/2024 Promotion #2: EQUINOX 600 HOT DEAL $499 MAP • Product Name: EQUINOX 600 • Part Number: 3720-0001 • Promotional Item: Discounted MAP • Promotional Part Number: N/A • Buy In Timeline: On Going • PROMO Start Date: 03/01/2024 • PROMO End Date: Until Supplies Lasts Promotion #4: SDC 2300 – MAP Holiday $500 OFF - $3,099.00 • Product Name: SDC 2300 • Part Number: 3230-0003 • Promotional Item: Discounted MAP $500 OFF - $3,099 • PROMO Start Date: 04/02/2024 • PROMO End Date: 4/30/2024 Promotion #5: GPX 6000 with FREE 17” Coil • Product Name: GPX 6000 • Part Number: 3300-0500 • Promotional Item: FREE GPX 17” Coil • Promotional Part Number: 3011-0427 • PROMO Start Date: 04/02/2024 • PROMO End Date: 4/30/2024 Rob's Detector Sales
  8. My name is David Schweitzer, and I am the secretary for the GPAA Chapter 21 out of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I grew up in rural Oklahoma on the family farm. I currently work full time in the oil industry and am a landscape photographer. When Kevin Hoagland asked me to write an article and share my story, my first thought was, no way! Writing is way out of my comfort zone, then I let it sink in and told Kevin that since it pushes me out of my comfort zone, I was in! I am still very new and very green in the gold game. Early spring back in 2021, my brother-in-law told me about "paydirt". I was intrigued, so I started to investigate it some. I looked it up online and learned how to pan from watching YouTube. I found a company that ended up being a ripoff, but that little bit of gold we found in there got me hooked. Being in Oklahoma, you can’tjust go out to a creek and pan for gold, so at that point, paydirt was my only option. I was not about to get ripped off again, so I investigated more and found Dave at GoldBay. I started buying paydirt from him. I went fishing on some of our property and noticed that the pond had been built in an ancient river channel, so why not try a pan? Lo and behold, I found one baby speck of gold in Oklahoma! I continued to buy paydirt from Dave for a few more months, and I was reading his blog about how he would pay a million dollars to anyone that could dowse his gold. I knew I was very talented in dowsing water, but never gold. So, I sent him an email, and he said come on out and let's find out. So, we planned a trip in late May of 2021. This trip ended up being one that would change my life forever. We planned three days of hiking Yosemite National Park and scheduled three days of prospecting. The first day we went out to Dave's mine, I found out that I could not dowse gold! If I remember right, I was 2 out of 10 on his tests. He showed us all kinds of colossal gold nuggets and one of his prize pieces he had found in his mine, which I will never forget. We had struck out on many places we had access to (we did know about claims and open land). We had struck out in all phases. Then, on the last day, we went to a pay to play place, and little did I know this day would change my life. Most people that went here sluiced or panned for gold. All I had was a pan, a small sluice, and, guess what, NO SHOVEL! I mean, who goes gold mining without a shovel! All I had packed for was crevassing. I had a small blade-style shovel, so that is what I used. I started panning, and my second pan rolled back, and it had a flat flake. What a fantastic feeling, one that overtook anyfeeling I got from any paydirt! I looked at my watch a while later, and we had been there for 9 hours. Where did the time go? We were sore, hungry, and satisfied. I had worked so hard for around twelve dollars of gold. It didn't matter to me. What a fantastic day! Nature, gold, and family! When we got back from California, I only thought about planning another trip to gold country. I knew it would be 2022 before I could go again. I was going to turn 40 in 2022, so I wanted to go metal detecting in Arizona and purchased a used SDC 2300 pulse induction metal detector. I started watching a lot of videos on geology, metal detecting, and anything prospecting related to learning! I even took it out to our property to find lead BBs to try and get a feel for it. I didn't know anyone in the gold business; many people seemed to be hush-hush to help someone that didn't know much. So, what do you do? I sent a message on Instagram to KC Morgan from Gold Rush on TV. He seemed super down to earth on TV, I never expected him to reply, but he did! He told me the best option for me was to get involved with a local GPAA club and learn! Well, I soon realized the trip to Arizona wouldn't happen. 2022 came around, and I decided that I was going to go to a GPAA Chapter 21 meeting and see what it was all about. I was initially nervous when I walked in, but I looked around the room and realized that these were my people! I wasn't the only person that liked rocks and gold. After the first meeting of just sitting back and listening, it was amazing! I knew I would come back! Mike Pung and Cash Best are the President and Vice President, respectively, of this club, and they were at the GPAA shows for the first two meetings I attended. They were back for the May meeting, and wow, those two guys have so much knowledge. I just wanted to be a sponge and soak it all in. So, I planned a prospecting trip to Colorado in the Buena Vista area at the end of May. I had joined the GPAA and knew I would have access to those claims. Cash was telling me a few other places that were public areas to check out when we went. He also told me about a book called Finding Gold in Colorado that had almost every place you can go, written by Kevin Singel. So we went up there, and they had a freak late-season snowstorm that put a little damper on the prospecting, but we still made the most of it, and the snow made for some fantastic photos! We found around three-tenths of a gram of the beautiful fine Arkansas River gold, even with all the snow. As soon as we got back from Colorado, I knew I would plan another trip later in the summer when it wouldn't snow on us! I kept attending the monthly meetings and soaking in everything they taught me. We went back to Colorado over Labor Day weekend, and I told Mike I was going, and he said he would be up there too. We met up, and what a true honor it was to be in the field with a legend, asking questions, and learning hands-on! What a truly unforgettable day! I ended up with almost a gram from this trip! At one of the meetings, I brought in a vial with small gold that from our property here in Oklahoma. Mike and Cash asked if we could plan an outing on the property to give others a chance to find Oklahoma gold. Of course, I agreed, and we met up beforehand so they could see and prospect the place.What a true honor to prospect with Mike and Cash on our property! Mike took a pan from a spot he thought would be good. He found 60 colors from that pan. We could never replicate that pan, but wow! We planned the club outing for October, and what an excellent time. We didn't find much gold, but the time with all the other club members was priceless. We all had a great time. After everyone had left, Mike asked if I wanted to learn how to run a metal detector, he gave me a one-on-one lesson, and I told him sometime in 2023, I would like to try detecting in gold country. In November, the club's secretary was retiring, and they needed to elect a new secretary. They voted for me to take the position starting in January of 2023. I had never done anything like this before, but I was up for the challenge and to be able to give back since I had gotten so much out of these club meetings. Mike and Cash mentioned they would be in Quartzsite for the gold show in February. I had thought about going but wasn't sure how I would be able to. About three days later, my brother-in-law asked if I wanted to go to this show and go metal detecting, and that's all it took. We planned the trip! It is almost 1,000 miles from where I live, so it took two days to get there. We joined a local metal detecting club and gained access to their claims and checked out the GPAA claims. I went out the first day, got skunked entirely, and found a lot of lead, trash, and iron. I was worn out that evening, but being in the desert and nature was just something to behold. The second day we went out and hadn't found anything all morning, and that afternoon I went up close to the edge of one of the claims where I could see old workings, and since it was a hike, I thought maybe it hadn't been hit very hard. I wasn't up there for 2 minutes, and I heard a faint target, and it ended up being a boot tack, but I swung the detector over the hole again, and I heard another signal. I dug it up, and it was a chunk of caliche. I rolled it over and saw gold. I hooted and hollered so loud I bet people 5 miles down the wash could hear me. It was my first detected nugget! I found four total nuggets that trip, including one on my 41st Birthday! They all weighed up to 1.5 grams. It didn't pay for the trip, but the memories are priceless. Since I don’t live in gold country, I can only get out there a few times a year. My learning curve will probably take longer than most due to that. My next step is to learn more geology and understand how to read the ground better. Each area of gold country is completely different on how the geology and weathering occurred. After these trips, I have such an appreciation for all the old timers. They were some tough people. I couldn’t imagine trying to make it out there without the modern convinces we have these days. When most people take vacations, they go sip Mai Tai’s on the beach and relax. Not me, I go to gold country and work, funny thing is, it’s not work to me. I may be sore and tired at the end of my vacations, but my soul is full and satisfied. For those that think it is easy to find gold, it’s not, I learned that really fast. As you can tell, I am still new and trying to learn. I hope for those new and old in the gold game that my story inspired you to get out and find some gold or join your local club. If you are in the Oklahoma area and thought about coming to a meeting, wewould love to see you there! We are always planning different outings! If you’d like more info on our GPAA Chapter 21 Club in Oklahoma City, e-mail me at GpaaOKCchapter21@outlook.com . If you’d like to follow me on my adventures, you can find me on Facebook or Instagram at Oklahoma Backroad Explorer. I would love to hear about your gold adventures and how you got started!
  9. I'm not sure what is more impressive... the gold or the hands, showing the work that went into finding the gold. Nice work!
  10. Experience carefree connections with the top-rated site for casual dating adventures. Living Women Outstanding Сasual Dating [URL=http://meettomy.site]Exemplary Сasual Dating[/URL]
  11. beatup it's not that occasional big one that keeps me hunting the hillsides, it's multi-pound patches. AzNuggetBob
  12. Nice finds Tom. The Minelab 6000 is a great machine. I'm really happy with mine. AzNuggetBob
  13. Had a great day out detecting today. Weather was perfect and we were blessed with gold. I found 5 nuggets for a total of 7/10ths of a gram. They were 4-6 inches deep. Mike found two nuggets also. Four of them were found in a 3 ft. stretch of wash. That was pretty exciting. I'm really impressed with the sensitivity on small gold the GPX 6000 has. Enjoy!
  14. Nugget hunting is not a lazy man's game. I go days and days without gold. But all of that fades away when you find your "Lost Gulch". I also prefer to hike way out away from the roads. If I am worried that nobody will find my body, then I am probably looking in the right place. 😄
  15. Fishing - I hate detecting in the mud, unless the gold detecting is really good .... Haha It's a pain in the butt, beyond having mud all over you to recover at least smaller targets. The magnet will also not work as well when you have targets in mud balls.
  16. Thanks Flak. I wish I had more time. Hopefully if I can retire in 10 years I will be able to get out more, as long as my Health and Body holds up! Rob
  17. yes sir Bob sometimes you just have to get out of the washes and work up high , and who knows there is always a possible big one on those slopes.
  18. beatup I have to say, I love the course nuggets you found the photo. I'm glad you pointed this out. I think where you found them is very important. I'm just going to say and I've said this before all the gold out there isn't always in the creek. thanks for sharing. AzNuggetBob
  19. When it rains like it has for the past few weeks the mud becomes a huge obstacle. Although the detectors have better reception finding the target in the mud diggins is a difficult chore to find them. I seem to be chasing the target around the hole and on occasion even losing smaller targets. Not only do I use the PI detector but I also bring along the Gold Monster to use as a pinpointer. Still, it is a challenge. Any insights or suggestions?
  20. Hello All, A customer purchased a new Minelab SDC 2300 from us back on 5-13-2022. The unit is new, never taken out of the box. He is asking $3000. Anyone interested contact Gregg at - windycamp@gmail.com
  21. you continue to impress with your willingness to get out into the boonies and your willingness to do the work.
  22. Great topic Rob let me share a recent experience There are still folks out there willing to tunnel in. I ran into a prospector two or so years back who was making a coyote hole tunneling in a very rich placer area. I won't say exactly where but he had found a very hard-packed top cap near a gold-producing drainage that was about 8' thick and tunneled in just like the old-timers where the hard pack met the bedrock. He had the luxury of a battery-operated headlamp and a small hand-held vacuum. He had tunneled in about 30' in one direction before the bedrock started dropping down and 20' in another. When I saw him he was just coming out of the ground to take a five-gallon bucket of dirt to his truck. We talked for a few minutes just normal stuff then I asked him aren't you afraid of a cave-in? Still wearing his headlamp and standing near his truck he said no not at all and walked over to the top cap near his entry hole and hit it with a hammer. See until this gets wet it is solid. I asked him "Man it has to be a bit spooky in a hole you go in head first and have to back out of," He said not really stating he had widened out inside chasing the bedrock. That is when our conversation went to the returns he was getting. I asked him about the 5-gallon bucket he had just put in his truck. He said that is the good stuff right on the bedrock and maybe 2" above the bedrock. I was very interested as a metal detector knowing this was ground I could never get to but was very curious about his take. When I asked he kind of wanted to not fully disclose but gave me this. “I was getting about 10 grams to the bucket" I didn't want to press him more at that point. I thanked him and we went on our way. For me, I do not like the underground so I have total respect for this man for assessing the risks and figuring out where and how to get it. I just don’t For me, I do not like the underground so total respect for this man for assessing the risks and figuring out where and how to get it.
  23. Good topic Rob , some of the best coyote holes I have had the chance to detect were in last chance canyon outside of Ridgecrest California about 25 years ago , like you said some were just pockets dug into the hillsides and other were more extensively worked but all were an interesting learning experience for me at the time . And like you said there was always someone outside just in case something went wrong while the other was inside the hole.
  24. Hello All, Over the years I have been fortunately to help a friend work and maintain a small placer mine here in Arizona. Like all mines, placer or lode, I have been able to see all the ups and down, highs and lows. This includes good gold, poor gold, tons of equipment breakdowns/failures and even personality conflicts. That all being said, I would do it again in heartbeat, as I truly have a passion for electronic prospecting and gold mining. Over the years, we have been able to open up a lot of ground that contained "Coyote Holes" or Placer Drifts. These are normally in areas where there is rich, ancient alluvial gravels. I have found these in many States from Nevada, California and Arizona, but I'm sure all rich gold areas could have them. They are basically tunnels dug into the rich gravels normally right on top of bedrock and can vary in weight, height and length. I have seen some that are just small holes punched in the side of a bank, others that are extensive tunnels running for hundreds of yards with many side shoots. In many areas if the ground is hard, meaning caliche and ancient gravels, no timbering was needed. They would use hard tools, dynamite /blasting caps and a lot of back breaking work to muck out and work the tunnels. It's just simply amazing when you find these and see what type of work was needed to dig, maintain and work them. What does this mean to prospectors and electronic prospectors? Well first, it's an indicator that gold was found. No one does this type of work for no gold, so it could be an indicator that good gold was found at some point. The old-timers were pretty good, they knew that the gold and nuggets would be at or near bedrock in these areas, so like anyone they did the best job they could with what they had to work with. We can all quarterback why they might have left a nugget here or there, but keep in mind, like anything, some productivity in their minds had to happen. They had to move as much ground as they could effectively to make a living, so it wasn't possible to break every crack open or find every overlooked gravel pocket on bedrock. This allows modern day prospectors to find missed gold whether thats with a metal detector or re-working some of the old workings using more modern tools. What's normally found? Well, keep in mind, depending where you're located in the World, the weather could be different. Some places freezing cold, while other places blazing hot. This means in a lot of cases, they used them also as shelter from the weather and wild animals. Over the years we have found hundreds of hand-tools, mostly destroyed, broken or half rotten away. This would include shovels, hand-tools like pocket knives, crevice tools and such. You will also find old cans, mostly rotten away, which is a real pain for metal detectorists. You could find anything from old relics, potentially coins, trinkets and gold (fines, flakes or nuggets). I did find some really nice candle holders, which they would hammer into the walls and use candles for light. What I can personally tell you, is they always leave something behind, maybe nice as they couldn't physically see or hear it (metal detector), but on the same note they were good. It always makes you think what they found, as most old documents are not going to have this type of detail in them. I always thought it would be nice for just a day to go back in time and see the guys/gals that are working these areas, interact with them and also see what they were really finding. I'm sure you would see many smiles, along with many frowns ... Safety and Dangers? Below you will see a short Youtube video from about 10+ years ago I filmed. It will give you a general idea of these tunnels and you can get an idea of how deadly they could be. There will be always someone that is curious, but keep in mind, curiosity KILLED the CAT. These tunnels can be extremely dangerous from cave ins, poor oxygen, unknown stuff on the floor, animals, reptiles and insects. If you ever attempt to mess around these, always be prepared and have at least one other person with you for safety. I personally don't recommend try to enter them, regardless of how safe you think it might be, it only takes a second for something to go bad. When your focus is digging a target from the wall, or scratching around on the ground, things happen. Youtube Video on Coyote Hole - Placer Drift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhhDAz_wJo Many years ago, I was invited to a famous placer mine in California (Ruby Gold Mine) noted for some of the largest gold nuggets recorded. We spent the entire day walking, exploring and even did a bit of metal detecting. These were some of the most extensive placer tunnels I ever experienced. In some places were were hundreds of feet underground, water dripping from the ceiling, but the experience was mind blowing. Were were able to see some of the gold being found, some of the huge gold nuggets still in their collections from years prior and to imagine all the potential that is still there. I figured this would be a new subject not talked about much. Figure we could open it up to discussion and hear about everyone else's experiences with Placer Tunnels and what they found. I will post more pictures and add to this as we go. Gold Bless & Be Safe, Rob
  1. Load more activity