Finding a Nugget at Gold Basin

Got out to Gold Basin a little late today, started hunting at noon. But ended up getting a 5 gram nugget, and a 45 gram meteorite. Found it in a creek bed, a couple inches down, wedged between some bedrock crevices. Just maybe 50 feet down, I dug down to bedrock with a good signal, only to find a 410 casing, thinking this sounded like the same thing I was not to excited, until I saw a little gleam of Gold !!! Also found an old tobacco tin with a mining claim still in it, to afraid to take it out, it looks like it will just shred to pieces.

Dave.

P.S. I posted a youtube video on it also here..

Flak,

I sometimes use the inverted signal maybe 25% of the time. Every time I go out, I try new settings, new sounds, ect , and I run them all day. I then take notes at the end of the day and I have a log I keep at home, kind if like grading the machine. I compile all these together every 6 months or so, go over the notes, and determine the best settings and most comfortable for detecting, then I program a custom mode. I personally would stick with the stock sound as my preference.

Thanks...

Dave

What a top day that was. Nice nugget and a meteorite! I reckon I found a couple of small meteorites years ago, about 1/3 the size of that one of yours. But I just thought they were junk and turfed them! Then a guy showed me one and I thought "great, I threw away meteorites" Now I know what to look for, or keep, I have never found one since! Yep, that'd be right! Great finds Dave.