New coming from Minelab

Hi Steve

Could of this guy I've called a friend before by the name of Rob Allison knew all about this detector but wanted to keep a lid on it?? I'd find it hard to believe that he would be the only dealer not to know about this new detector coming out from Minelab.

I'd say the cat is out of the bag. The only thing we need to know is what will the price be.

Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane no it's Chuck flying high.

Chuck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Jonathan Porter guys or more often JP. One really nice bloke and superb detectorist. He probably knows more about the Minelabs than anyone except Bruce Candy, and I daresay he knows more than Bruce about how they perform in the field.

If Rob kept a lid on anything it is because he is ethical when told to keep something secret, as it sounds like the dealers were. He would probably love to blab about it!

Steve

I've always found Rob to be a man of his word. When he was told to keep this under wrap that's just what he done. I would never cut Rob down in any way. I guess I put him on the spot without knowing it but I knew it had to be something coming down the pipe.

This detector I'm sure has had lots of field testing done on by now and that done by J P.

Chuck

WE talk about SD2200V2's and SD2100V2's being mid range because when they were first released as the SD2100 and SD2200 they were the top of the line, running around $ 2,495, and $2,195 respectively. But those machines were upgraded to V2's and Minelab continued to release the GP Extreme, GP3000 GP3500 GPX4000 and GPX4500.

I think sometime around the GPX4500 is when they discontinued the SD2200V2. I can only tell you that I think the price of the machines always ran around the same as the model number. So a GP3000 was like $3000, GP3500 $3500, GPX4000 $4000, etc. At the same time this was going on, the SD2200V2 dropped to around $2,295 I believe, so compared to the GPX4000 at $4000 it was considered a mid-range priced gold machine.

Then Minelab discontinued the SD2200, and a huge void was created, in my opinion. I still have my original SD2200 that is around 22 years old, and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Doc

Sounds like comp. for the Garrett ATX. I have been reading everything I can on the ATX. So this will really be interesting. Can't wait.

Steve you know we all read your reviews. I know I do and I consider them to be some of the best un-biased reviews written. I'm now waiting to read your review of this "New ML". and its comparison to the ATX.

Bill

I heard Jonathan Porter is a tester for new Minelab machines, but don't know for sure. But he has been posting some pretty amazing nuggets on his facebook.

Dave

I'm always posting up pics of my nugget finds on FB, I do this for a living after all and as SteveH can attest sometimes I get onto some nice gold here and there. :-) I'm also bound by a lot of agreements through my association with Minelab and as such have not been in a position to discuss anything I'm privy too since 1996. :-)

JP

The mention of a new mid range gold machine was in a stockholders report a few months ago………….

Its the next gen of the flagship gold detector (mentioned in the same report) that I'm curious about.

I do like the idea of the common controls on the handle, like a joystick with lots of buttons.

Often I find myself using the different timing responses as a discrimination tool…. i.e. when a good signal in normal disappears in enhance.

funny this is all coming about as garrett is getting ready to release a new machine iam sure this news about a new minelab may have people second guessing on buying the new garrett..after all this new minelab will have seta,mps,dvt technology and all that good stuff. so at that whatever they have going on sounds like a 4500 in a new style of box..

That's what I'm talking about. Kyle

Bill

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Being a dealer for any product, we are bound under an agreement to keep things confidential. If anyone thinks what they are seeing is the next "Flagship Generation" with Minelab, I would have to say they are probably wrong. I'm sure Minelab has considered a mid-line metal detector for some time, so lets see what happens, if anything.

I hated that they discontinued the SD series as it was a great PI for the price. I know after so many years, it becomes much harder to support a product and get the parts (normally in the range of 7-10 years).

Just my thoughts as of now.

Rob Allison

I'm always posting up pics of my nugget finds on FB, I do this for a living after all and as SteveH can attest sometimes I get onto some nice gold here and there. :-) I'm also bound by a lot of agreements through my association with Minelab and as such have not been in a position to discuss anything I'm privy too since 1996. :-)

JP

Hi JP,

you have been getting onto nice gold "here and there" for many years.

It is the result of research, expertise in the operation of whatever detector model you are using

and hard work. I think it is easy to overlook the hard work part, you are not big on drama.

There is no better representative for Minelab and for electronic prospecting than you.

You are also highly principled and trustworthy.

We are extremely lucky to have your viewpoints to draw from.

Best wishes,

Hi JP,

you have been getting onto nice gold "here and there" for many years.

It is the result of research, expertise in the operation of whatever detector model you are using

and hard work. I think it is easy to overlook the hard work part, you are not big on drama.

There is no better representative for Minelab and for electronic prospecting than you.

You are also highly principled and trustworthy.

We are extremely lucky to have your viewpoints to draw from.

Best wishes,

Thanks for the kind words Flak, I kind of cringe whenever theres rumours of new detectors. :unsure: I think I'm starting to become an 'old hand' at this game, I've been the meat in the sandwich a few too many times over the years! :blush:

JP

Hi JP

If this is a rumor about a new detector coming soon then Minelab started it. They put the ad in Lost Treasure I didn't.. My mistake was putting on this forum word for word what Minelab said.. My thinking was people would like to hear about this but I guess I was wrong again.

For anyone who would like to read the ad I'll send it to you. I don't care of it's one are a hundred you will get it.

I posted the same thing on Bill's and Chris forum and they didn't say a word. On here it was almost to the point of being said I lied about the ad.

Rob this is your forum and if you like you can delete it If for any reason I caused you any trouble with Minelab I'm sorry.

Take care!

Chuck

Hey Chuck

Not to worry. I've been hearing their also coming out with 2400 too. maybe LT jumped the gun on the add timming? I hear the 2300 is due in june or july just in time for the Aussie hunting season. but who knows, maybe just rumors. ;):) AzNuggetbob

Same thing happened when rumors of the CTX3030 were floating about, and it was also on the heels of Garrett AT Pro (another water proof machine), a few were seen behind the scenes at shows and rumors were abound, at least a couple months before the dealers even knew.

I for one trust these rumors when there are so many sources and clues, it's SOP for Minelab.

Kudos to JP for chiming in.

funny this is all coming about as garrett is getting ready to release a new machine iam sure this news about a new minelab may have people second guessing on buying the new garrett..after all this new minelab will have seta,mps,dvt technology and all that good stuff. so at that whatever they have going on sounds like a 4500 in a new style of box..

I found this..

"Minelab News

www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/news‎

7 days ago - Unveils New Underwater Metal Detector That Allow Scuba Divers to ..... engaged with the artisanal small scale mining sector for many years ..."

And thats It. I tried to look at the site but the information its gone. I then tried googles cache and it says that mine lab changed the site. If it was posted 7 days ago that would put it on the 14th. Seems like minelab released the information then changed their minds lol.

I bet google still has a copy of the page some were.

i searched on google 4th down

waterproof compact minelab metal detector