1 nugget in 1 hour :)

• Admin

Hey Bruce,

Haha ... Great talking with you tonight and that's an amazing find!! I will let you tell the weight and any story behind it, even though I know. :P

P.S. Thanks for all your continued support and friendship over the years. Hope you're able to score some more Monsters with the new equipment you ordered soon.

Rob Allison

OMG!!!

Thats unreal! Glad you got it though.

Whats the scoop for ? :)

Oh I get it. Kind of like the ball in the cup game. Flipping your nugget up and catching it in the scoop :wacko:
Tom

Thanks all......

The rest of the story, where to start?

In 2007 I was in this general area for work, I brought my detector, a 2200, and in the evenings I found a couple of nuggets, 3 & 5 grams if I remember........ Since I returned home from that trip I have been trying to get my boss to move to the area.

In 2011 I convinced the boss to try a new location closer to the area. For the last 4 summers we have been chasing nuggets whenever the chance prestressed it's self. We camp in the area on weekends.

We have a network of contacts who have active mines, of these we have been able to enter into agreements to check their ground after they finish mining.

This particular claim is a new one that we reached a tentative agreement in August to check their workings at the end for the season. The owner called last Thursday and indicated that Saturday would be good for us. We packed up and were on the road early, 5am. 3 hour later, after driving through a blizzard, we had picked up a buddy and were on site. Not knowing the entry point we found our own way into the pit, turn out the entry point we chose was wrong however it worked to my advantage as this was the first signal I got. If I had entered the normal route I would have encountered hot rocks and may not have chased this one!

It was down about 18 inches, I had a Joey coil on the 4500 and it was screaming at me. I had to bust through shale bedrock to find a pocket of cobble that included this nugget. It was all alone, usually there are a few together. We did manage to take some other fines.

All the best, wishing you all one...........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...