hey Rob,you made someone happy!

• Admin

Hey Deathray,

That's always great to hear. I can tell you what happened in a nutshell, but would like to read what he said at some point. Val purchased a demo CTX 3030 from me on Ebay just recently. I inspected and tested the unit and it worked great. I packed it up very well and shipped it to him. The unit was $1500 with shipping included. He got the unit, assembled it and had an issue with it powering down right after he turned it on. I never had this issue and it was working great when I shipped it, but this is what can happen with electronics and used/demo units. This is one reason I try to stay away from trade-ins, selling used or even demo's unless I know the person. There is always a chance the unit is working great one day, you ship it and the customer received and it don't work.

Since I know if I was on the receiving end, I would be a bit discouraged. To make it right, I told Val I would 2nd day Fedex him a new Minelab CTX 3030 and when he received the brand new one he could ship the demo unit back. I will mess with the demo unit and ship back to Minelab for an inspection and repair. At some point I will list that unit for sale again, but I felt I needed to make it right for Val. I paid for shipping and Val will get a new unit for $1500, but hopefully since I took care of Val the word will get around, I guess it already has.

I never asked Val to post anything about this issue, but I appreciate him doing so.

Bottom line, we take care of all of our customers, always have. Treat others well, they have no reason to ever shop anywhere else!