GPAA Gold Show Pomona Fairplex Februrary 7th & 8th

:)The last time the show was at the Fairplex was back in 2013... Jim Straight aka Dutch John

HAW HA... Same ol' Chris.... Glad you included me with everyone else... lol

As you are in the know why not post more details for all of us re the Fairplex

location and other items...To mntion here Chris is the Associate Editor of the

Internet Prospecting Mining Journal and will have a booth there. jim straight

Sorry... too many typos in my last post. I should have said Chris is the associate editor of

the International California Mining Journal. As such he will have a booth at the show. I will

also add to stop by his booth and say 'Hello.' Also the PLP will have a booth there also and

Please stop by their booth and get the latest updates on our future in being able to enjoy our

'public lands' and what we can do to not be locked out from enjoying them. jim

I said I was looking forward to visiting with you Jim, and everyone else too. Jim, you come first and always get top billing in my book - everyone else is second fiddle.

By the way, I ended up helping Mike Lucas out with pictures as he could not come up with anything he had legal permission to use. So when you see the article in the next issue, although Mike wrote the text, I did the all pictures and captions. The photos are from my "library" of pictures, many taken at the Tucson Gem show.

All the latest show details are on the GPAA website at:

http://www.goldprospectors.org/GoldShows

Chris... I hope to be able to attend the fairplex show. I'm still recovering from a several week long

bout with "walking pneumonia" as my left lung is congested. Mike Lucas is really sharp and I suggested

he send it off to the ICMJ... Question: Did you have permission to take and use any photos of displays

or other such at the Tucson Show. I know Mike referenced both his sources and photos... I thought it

was due to the quality not being acceptable.

Hey... back to attending the shows. Gosh I had a booth and a display banner when George and Wilma

Massie first started the GPAA. The gold show was at the Orange Show in San Berdo. I was not tall

enough to hook up my Compass Banner and Dee Stapp (Stapp Mining) hooked it up for me. It was just

the beginning of the GPAA.

Hi Jim - I hope you are feeling well for the weekend of the Pomona show, I always enjoy visiting with you.

From my understanding (and its possible I am wrong) Mike downloaded photos off the internet and then was not able to get permissions to use them. At the last minute he contacted Scott and told him he did not have permission to use any of them. Sharp or blurry, we cant use any photos we don't have legal permissions to use - its a copyright violation and we could be sued. So that's why Scott asked me to come up with something as we always like to have pictures with an article.

My Tucson photos were taken in the hotel room sales areas and yes, I did talk to the dealers there. In the hotel rooms its easy to talk with the dealers and most don't mind. Some were taken in John B's living room of specimens in his collection.

I think I went to a few GPAA shows here in Reno back in the day when the Buzzard was still in charge. That's been a long, long time.

I'm making plans to head out to eastern Nevada this spring to do a little prospecting.

:)Howdy everyone... You all now have the info on the Pomona show.

I plan to attend, but my usual ride, up to the last show in at the Antelope

Valley Community center, Jerry Hobbs, was then ill with kidney failure and

sadly had a massive heart attack and sadly passed away a few days ago...

As you remember Jerry was the man behind the PLP and will be sorely

missed.... :(

To sum it up, depending upon my heath issues I will be there on Saturday

and will likely be in a wheelchair or at best a cane. As I'm also legally deaf

just tap me on the shoulder to get my attention as I'm glad to see everyone

attending the show.

Chris, we can continue our 'howd'ys on the main forum... jim