GPZ7000 Saw it in person

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. WOW. Jen

I don't often laugh when reading these forums, but Jen did it to me :)

Damn Jen ... I usually expect my coffee to spew out of my mouth when reading some of Garimpo's posts from Brazil over on Bill's Nuggetshooter Forum ... I never expected it from you! :o:P

Mike F

Who? Me? :rolleyes:

Jen

:blink: 6 wives??

None of them were like this one were they.

A guy is recently married and him and his wife go on a prospecting trip. The area they are going to is hard to get to so they hire a couple of donkeys to ride into the place.

As they are travelling along a rough track the wife's donkey trips on a rock and she says "that's once".

The husband looks at her quizzical but says nothing and they keep going.

Her donkey again stumbles on a rock, "that's twice" she says.

Husband thinks "huh!?"

A few more miles and the donkey stumbles again, this time she says "right, that's three" dismounts and pulls out a handgun and unloads the clip into the donkey killing the poor thing there and then.

The husband says "what one earth did you do that for to that poor donkey, it wasn't his fault the rocks were there?"

The wife looks at the husband, one eye half closed and says "that's once".

Hey Guys,

A lot of hype out there, but looks like this is another jump in Minelab technology. I can't say much either, even though I might know something. I'm excited to see it in person, but a bit scared to see the price tag due to what it might do.

Hey Rob,

IS Minelab still giving the 15% discount for us vets?????

Happy Valentines day Jennifer!!! Awesome :wub: [ Yer getting the Indian's riled up,] Yer a Hoot.

Hi ddog, thank you... I hope you have a Happy Valentines day as well...

Yea, they take the bait pretty easy... I'm always amazed at how simply the male species can lose the plot..... I must say this is the first time I've seen such a feeding frenzy over one word but hey... it's all in good fun. :)

Life's too short to be politically correct.

Jen

Jen you be bad...or maybe really good.

I like my women a little on the trashy side......

fred

You mean all this time that setting called "Hi-Trash" wasn't because the detector was made for me? sheeeeesh, that'll teach me for listening to the salesman.... :unsure:

I wish I'd known that when I bought it... here I was led to believe it was cus we were meant to be together....

Jen

Hey Paul,

If you want one, I will give you a 15% Military Discount. Call me, but I will verify the details with Minelab Monday. I wouldn't see why this unit would be any different than any other besides the price ....

Thx Rob,

It was time to ask. ...

You never know.....

BTW I have already sold my gb2 and the old turdy five hundred....hated to part with it but I wanted to try the new baby out...

I will be in touch

Maybe we can return this post to a discussion of the GPZ 7000.

I was one of the product testers and I am finally free to talk about this thing, so feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer what I can. I can't really say anything about the price each as honestly I don't know anything more about it than you do, that's not what a field tester does. Field testers evaluate the product in the field.

Both Steve Herschbach and I have blog posts about our experiences using the GPZ on Treasure Talk on the Minelab website.
see the following links:
http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk

And the official Minelab press release http://www.minelab.c...ledge-base/news

Hi Chris first thanks for posting, have lots of questions but ill go with just 2 for now. Reading the released manual on line its saying it has different responses / sounds for different metals? Did you notice any? 2nd is it really smooth in hot ground or will we have to play with sensitivity target volume some instead of using default auto setup settings.

thanks Patrick S

Reading the released manual on line

if you are talking about the manual that was released through the FCC, it is an older version of the manual and it contains mistakes. They took the manual for the CTX 3030 and adapted it for the GPZ. this makes sense because the two detectors have much in common such as the GPS, the wireless headphone unit and the operation of the menu selections. However, the technology within the detector is much different and some other things are a lot different too. Still using the CTX manual as a starting point for writing the new manual, some minor errors crept in. The sound of the GPZ on targets is very similar in many ways to that of the GPX 5000, although it is not exactly the same. It does not have a discrimination tone function like a VLF, and the high low/low high sound of the detector is not a reliable discriminator in the same way it is not reliable with a 5000. The break for high low and low high is a much smaller piece of gold than on the 5000.

is it really smooth in hot ground

no, you will need to fiddle with it to get the smoothest threshold. Although some people will complain that the threshold is warbly, I would rather have full control of my machine then have the manufacturer dumb it down to make the threshold quiet. That way when conditions allow you can increase the settings or turn them down if you need to depending on conditions rather than having the manufacturer turn it down for you in advance so that even when you could up the settings they have been turned down for you anyway. If you want to run at a maximum setting situation and have your threshold be a little bit warbly, this will be easy enough to do.

hi chris, Rob already posted price and release date. my question would be is the 7000 a better unit alone than the combination of a 5000 and sdc 2300 together?? when I say better I mean will it out perform the 5000 in its field and out perform the 2300 on smaller gold

john