Getting the best from the SDC 2300 Article

• Admin

Hello All,

Nenad from Australia wrote a very nice blog on "Getting the best from your SDC 2300 Metal Detector." You can view the page here, courtesy of Steve Herschbach's Detector Prospector Forum (seen it first there).

Read Article here ---> http://phasetechnical.com.au/getting-best-sdc2300/

Another great forum from a long time friend and extremely knowledgeable electronic prospector -

Detector Prospector Forum -----> http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/forum/4-detector-prospector-forum/

Thanks Nenad!

This was great information from Nenad and I can't wait to try his suggestions, especially the EMI cancel technique. I did have the first two sets of factory head phones fail so I called Rob Allison and he suggested the quarter inch adapter. I purchased the adapter and have had over six months of trouble free use. (Thanks Rob). I also found the arm cup on the detector to be a pain because it folded up when I removed my arm so I attached a Velcro strap around the bottom of the detector to hold the cup open. I also attached some feet to the Velcro strip on the bottom of detector so that it didn't always fall over when I set it on the ground. Being retired I was able to use the detector three to five times a week and I continue to be impressed with it's performance. This is a great detector that produces gold nuggets.

This was great information from Nenad and I can't wait to try his suggestions, especially the EMI cancel technique. I did have the first two sets of factory head phones fail so I called Rob Allison and he suggested the quarter inch adapter. I purchased the adapter and have had over six months of trouble free use. (Thanks Rob). I also found the arm cup on the detector to be a pain because it folded up when I removed my arm so I attached a Velcro strap around the bottom of the detector to hold the cup open. I also attached some feet to the Velcro strip on the bottom of detector so that it didn't always fall over when I set it on the ground. Being retired I was able to use the detector three to five times a week and I continue to be impressed with it's performance. This is a great detector that produces gold nuggets.

When I had an SDC I did something similar to the this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu42XhTt-Gg with a Sovereign arm cup I modified and a neoprene Minelab arm cuff. Worked great, fit me just like a GPX.