• Admin

Hey Guys,

Found this video on Youtube.  It's the Keene "King Kong" Drywasher.  Looks pretty slick for moving more material in arid, dry desert regions with minimal or no water.  

Curious if anyone has any thoughts after watching the video below - 

Just based on the video and my experience in owning both a 140, 151 and running a small scale placer operation with a backhoe and trommel (wet), this looks to be a machine designed for much higher production and even small scale operations (kind of stating the obvious). Ideal to use this in an area with good pay in the overburden, equipment access and an approved POO. Run the overburned and scrape the bedrock up clean. Know a few spots this would be great for and have seen other large units like this used in AZ (Mojave) and CA (Duisenberg) just to name two. 

This unit is certainly not designed with portability via backpack in mind. Keene is a great company with great customer service and it's good that they continue to raise the bar for themselves (and others). 

• Admin

Hey Rod,

Great to hear from you and great you're back on the forums.  I reached out to Keene directly on this unit to see if they could come back with anymore information.  I haven't heard back from Mark or Pat as of yet.  

I agree, in a arid desert region with good pay, this might be the ticket.  Regardless if you have a small backhoe or not, a small group of guys could run a lot of material if the gold was good enough and warranty the physical labor.  

24 minutes ago, nuggethunting said:

...a small group of guys could run a lot of material if the gold was good enough and warranty the physical labor.  

Thanks Rob. Agree, a good old fashioned bucket brigrade.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Mark Keene has been really busy, but shot me over a few pictures and this info on the King Kong Drywashwer.  I told him to keep me updated and I would pass the information onto the forums for you guys.  

Working hard on it but we have a ways to go.  We took it out over last weekend we are getting closer however we need to make a larger much stronger vibrator for the top hopper.

We are hoping to get up around 5 to to yards per hour and low dust. 

Our goal is to make a larger dust free environmentally friendly machine. 

Mark 

kk1.jpeg

kk2.jpeg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I have a short video I will try to attach from Pat Keene.  I have owned the Keene 151 several times and the unit was a Beast.  Two guys can shovel all day in that unit, so it was pretty much a production type drywasher when I was using it.  

I now own the smaller, 141 with the Vac-Pac.  I use this for small spots where the gravel is shallow and I found a lot of gold nuggets.  Some places have been pretty good, other places it amazing how there are nuggets and minimal amount of smaller gold and fines.  

This new King Kong Drywasher by Keene Engineering will be a big step over the 151 from the looks.  If they get this unit to run 3-5 yards per day, it might make it worthwhile for the guys that have spots that just afford equipment, but productive enough with man-power shoveling or dumping buckets.