Its not suppose to happen this way?

Hey all:
 Welp, met up with Dave and James today to try and get back into the area I broke my Idler arm at last Wed. No issues this time.

Got back in there....18 miles back in there and we decided on our ways to go. I was going to hike up a big wash about 1/3 mile and hit a wash that came in from the side. Once I got there I ate my gourmet peanut butter/banana  samich and got going.

3 feet into the wash is a fast shoot like area and I get this loud reverse signal. Yes! my first piece of garbage. Get it in the scoop down to a rock and a dirt clod. Wave the clod over the coil and it screams.

Hmmm....spit some water on it, rub it and NO WAY!....Are you serious??? This cant be gold because you dont just walk into a wash like this and find it!

You have to trip/fall, rip your shirt,Yank your headset off at least 5 times, get wrapped up in cats claw and shed some blood before you find anything. Well, gold it was! 6.4 grams.

Great day out with Dad and friends and the good Lord blessed us with some gold.

The rest of the wash was one 22 bullet and a piece of donkey shoe. Saw  a lot of rock throw and some detector digs along the way.
Donno..............its not suppose to happen this way :)

Tom H.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

20 minutes ago, nevada brian said:

Great Nugget!  Some people ignore those booming signals as they think its trash, but sometimes its not :)

Brian.

It was reverse when I first heard it and then as I moved it around it went high/low, it was only 5 inches deep also.

Had a fat/solid 1.5 grammer reverse and also a nug with hematite on both sides.

Tom H.