Phoenix GPAA Show

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I won't be setting up this year at the GPAA show.  It just take so much effort to get everything down there.  I heard they will have 30+ vendors, so it should be a decent showing. 

If I was going to be there Chuck, I was able to have a Gold Monster 1000 to display, none available for sale for a bit. 

That would have been great Rob to see that new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 detector.

It too would also been great to see you Mike and way2cool. I think this is a first for a long time that Rob's detector sales hasn't had a booth at a gold show in Az..

Rob I think it is a lot of interest in the Gold Munster 1000. You could of stood by the door with it in your hands and took orders. Do like we do at the gun show and that's with a sign on your back telling what you got forsale.

I have no pride I'll do it for you.haha

One more day on the street with a sign saying Work for Food I should have that money for the 1000. Be my luck someone would want me to work but my wife will tell you that's not going to happen.

Full of BS this morning.

Chuck

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I'm sure someone will have a Gold Monster and if Deb from Minelab is coming down, she more than likely will bring one down.  It will be a great VLF unit, like many other ones such as the Fisher Gold Bug series, White's Goldmaster and more. 

I know Jobe Wholesale, which is a Minelab Distributor will have one. 

Well it's Saturday and the gold show starts today. This was the one I wanted to make but I just got out of bed in San Antonio Tx. so I don't think I'll make it.

I wanted to buy some dredging equipment and take a look at the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000. Oh well I'll have my own when Rob gets them in.

Chuck

I was at the show on Saturday and  had the monster in my hands for about 2 minutes. Seemed like it had a longer shaft than most other VLF machines and that made it a bit awkward feeling to me. it is light and perhaps because of the longer shaft felt a little from heavy to me ... but saying that total weight is not much different than my GB Pro. Couldn't operate it inside the event center so can't comment on actual workings. Controls however were well within the reach of my index finger and thumb. I would like to have a half day out in the field with it and then I could report more fully.

Hope this helps a little.

Mike F

10 minutes ago, Mike Furness said:

I was at the show on Saturday and  had the monster in my hands for about 2 minutes. Seemed like it had a longer shaft than most other VLF machines and that made it a bit awkward feeling to me.   

Mike F

The nice thing is as well (if I remember correctly), you can use the universal shaft adapters to make your own shaft of any length simply by chopping down a broom handle. This also allows a great way to have a backup shaft in the truck I the event of breakage in the field.

With those adapters, you could essentially make a 2' long backpack pin pointing detector for use with your 19" GPZ coil.

Jen

IMG_1481.PNG

Edited by jjbond

Jen ... I only saw and was able to hold the assembled unit and had no access to the full contents of the box or the manual for that matter. So if you can shorten than shaft at will great. Glad to have that additional info. I'm looking forward to putting on into operation when they become available in mid April.

Mike F

Hey Jen

What is the material the shaft is made of ? I seen the video of the shaft being put together but couldn't tell what it was made of. The only thing you could see that it screwed together and that's all.

It was a cheap way to go being it didn't have cam locks like other detector. I really don't care as long more was put in the control box for nugget hunting.

If they really wanted to cut cost they could have sent the box and coil being I've got broom handles around the house.

Chuck