Thoughts on the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 so far

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I know I haven't been posting too much, just got so much going on here.  I have been out with the Gold Monster and probably have 20-30 hours on it to date.  I have found some nuggets with it also.  At first it was very hard to get used to with no threshold.  I never really hunted with a silent metal detector or ran no threshold.  I guess I'm always wondering if it's working, so will scan over my boot or some metal item.  

Sensitivity is very good and it works great on moderate to high minerazation from what I have experienced.  The unit is very lightweight and easy to use.  Luckily, I haven't had any issues with the coils falsing, but have heard others having issues.  

I would definitely rate it one of the top VLF's out there, but I'm still giving the max sensitivity edge to the Fisher GB2 metal detector @ 71khz.  

For $799.00 MAP, it's price great for two searchcoils included.  Toss in the 15% Military Discount and you save almost another $100 on top of that price.  

We always have them in stock and will be doing some training on them if needed.  

I will get a few pictures of nuggets I rounded up with the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 soon. 

• Like 1

Rob:
 Ive been using one to get familiar with it for Dad. Mainly got it so he would not have to bend down and dig so much trash.

The disc. works pretty good.

It works really well in mineralized soil and seems to ignore most ironstone unless its a real dense one. 

No squawking and squabbling like the GB2

Picks up #9 bird shot very well :(

Ive found a couple of pretty small pieces of gold with it. When I saw one of the pieces I couldnt believe it heard it...but it did

Its a great little machine and really easy to use.

Tom H.

• Like 5