Finally joined the 1oz+ club

We'll i finally got to join the 1oz+ club!!

My buddy Dave and i headed to Gold Basin for a half day trip.  We hit our usualy spot and split up. I headed to a wash that i found a 5.4 gram piece a couple of weeks ago. I didnt hit the whole wash, so i figured id start where i left off. A bit later, i get a nice signal by a bush in the middle of the wash. It turned out to an 8 gram specie with some dark host rock mixed in. 10 feet away in the bank of the wash i get another screeming signal. This was the flat nugget, also about 8 g. I radioed Dave to tell him the good news. The next couple of hours there was nothing except a couple of meteors.  I decided to hit the bottom end of that same wash on my way back to the truck. After a bit i get a nice signal in the wash, it was the .8g flat piece. The wash had widened out, and the bedrock was deeper, so i wasnt detecting to slow wgen i got a slight sound. I thought it was just ground noise because i was running the GPZ hot at 18 sensitivity and high yield and normal ground.  I did a scrape and the sound was still there. I took about 6 inches off with the pick and the sound seemed more distinct. I fugured it wasnt mineralization but rather trash because the dirt was silt, not hard pack. I kep widening and deepening the hole and when i got to over a foot it was screeming. I was figuring tin can ir something. After about 6 more digs and around 2ft deep. I get it out of the hold. I did reach bedrock so i was feeling hopeful. It turned out to be a 1.41 (OZ) nugget and a pretty one at that, with a bit of quartz. I finally joined the club. I feel like i deserve a patch or something lol. I radioed Dave to tell him the good news, and he was eccited for me. (He was already a member pf the club) a bit under 2 oz for the day. 20171002_122825.thumb.jpg.63461363fc04ea053487724fa38cbf1e.jpg

Thanks for the great deal on the GPZ Rob. Its paid for itself now!!! I do need to order a replacement coil cover from you.

Chris.

I tried to add more pictures, not enough space. 

GB1 (800x487).jpg

GB2 (800x450).jpg

GB3 (800x450).jpg

GB4 (708x800).jpg

• Like 8

WOW!....you really knocked it out of the park :)
And its a beaut!!!

Congratulations. Glad you got them.

Tom H.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

Hey Chris,

Those are some amazing gold nuggets!  Congrats on joining the 1+ ouncer club.  Many can hunt their entire lifetime and never get over a 1+ ounce gold nugget.  Would love to see more pictures.  If you can't post them, send them to me at - rob@robsdetectors.com and I can post them.  

Hope you clean up some more nuggets out of that area.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Many that’s some beautiful gold. 

Those ghost targets that you almost hear subconsciously are the biggest rush and what this hobby is all about. 

The GPZ loves those too and often gives off a strange chattery warble when you swing over something deep and big. Love that sound, it’s rare. I think there’s a vid a guy made in Australia of this occurrence. 

• Thanks 1