Got out Sunday night in a new area. I parked the truck at the mouth of a small wash and thought this wash looks good. Turned on the 7k and started walking. Ten feet up the wash I got the first target. Lead... a couple more feet another target. Dug down 5 inches the dirt changed from white sand to red clay. Yup I though this is gold... and it was a 1 gram nugget. Score! Went maybe a hundred feet and got a half grammer in red clay. I little further up after a bunch of lead and old nails I dig down into the read stuff again. Yup 1.5 gram bit! That was all for the night but this is only one wash out of several in the area! Not too bad for the first time out in a couple months. Good luck guys!

IMG_8834.JPG

Edited by Cowkiller
  • Like 7

Sweet! WTG Justin 

Glad you were able to get away from work and get out.
Tom H.

Hey guys I went back last night and nothing else in there but this... I dug it at about 6 inches off of bedrock. Screamed on contact. Washed and scratched and washed again no visible metal. The gb2 iron discrimination Sounded off good. Well cut it with my brother on a diamond wheel and it was copper. Talk about the disappointment.... ?

IMG_8911.JPG

IMG_8910.JPG

• Sad 1

Well nuts....put it in some pool acid for a while and you might be surprised how it looks :)
Put it in a baking soda/water bath after the acid also.

Tom H>

Well the piece crumbled to bits when we cut it. Only one small bead of copper fell out. Very strange. 

Tom I would but when the bead came off and it was Cooper it got tossed into the yard lol

Rob yes the 7k is for sell sorta... about to build a house in some property I just bought. I will try a little harder to sell it closer to the actual build. 

• 2 weeks later...