Here's a toad!

• Admin

Hey Walker,

Pieces like that are very hard to come by anymore at any placer, including Rich Hill.  Congrats on the beautiful find and hopefully it turns into a nice patch right before the Holiday season.  

Keep us posted of anymore goodies.  Thanks for sharing!  

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Rich Hill as most know, is known for some awesome gold placers and large gold nuggets.  However, it's also one of the most claimed up location in the State of Arizona.  There are claim over claims in some areas, then other areas being commercially mined for placer gold.  Most of the hardrock mines have been torment for almost a century. 

I highly recommend Erik Melchiorre's "Gold Atlas of Rich Hill, Arizona.  It's loaded with great information and a lot of great color pictures.  He also has 3 Book on the Quartzsite placers which are also well worth the purchase.  You can view all these books here - https://www.robsdetectors.com/books-and-maps/

book.jpg

• Like 2

• Admin

Hey Mike,

The one he wrote with Chris and 2 others is great.  That book is more about the History of Rich Hill.  The book that Erik wrote is much more detailed on the placer and hardrock, Geology and tracking the placer gold to the known Rich Hill Lodes.  Tons of color pictures of gold and maps.  It's worth every penny in my opinion if you plan to hunt around Rich Hill.  

This is the older book, now out of print you're talking about Mike.  I still have several copies, but they are not for sale! :D  You might get lucky and find a copy on Ebay, Amazon or rare book site.  

RH.jpg

• Like 1