Great Hunt with Friend - Gold Nuggets 25 Grams

• Admin

Hello All,

Yesterday I met up with a friend to prospect some ground together.  We both were using the Minelab GPZ 7000's and ended up scoring 25 Grams of nuggets between us.  I hit a real nice 9+ Grammer at depth right at the end of the day.  We found a total of 14 gold nuggets (3 not pictured).  Great day working an old patch that hasn't seen many Minelab GPZ 7000's.  

We have plans to hit some other patches together with the GPZ's in hopes of deeper gold.  The GPZ 7000 is just a beast when it comes to deep gold, regardless of size for the most part.  This ground has been hammered by VLF's and PI technology for the past 20 years.  

Pictured below are the cleaned nuggets in a gold pan -

nicegold01.jpg

nicegold02.jpg

• Like 8

Dang Rob! You guys killed it :)
Great going and a nice haul.

Tom H. 

• Admin

Hey Brian,

Personally, I have tried many of these settings, but never really seen any real improvements on the ground I'm working.  I have found that I have gotten better depth overall when I run a lower "sensitivity" and stay out of Difficult soil condition.  I prefer to listen for the faint whispers or disturbances in the threshold than listen to all the extra background noise running some of the extreme settings.  I guess it comes down to a persons personal preference.  I have always ran the SD, GP and GPX units lower and concentrated on faint signals and had good success.  Over the years I found some really nice deep nuggets. 

I have tried running "Semi Auto" Ground balance and found it very difficult to stay ground balanced where I hunt.  I have used this setting with and without the Ferrite ring trying to get a good balance, but have much better results Auto Balancing with the Ferrite. 

Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

• Admin

Hey Brian,

You're welcome.  There are so many settings, some go real conservative, others take the settings to the extreme.  There are so many variables when it comes to metal detecting for gold.  Some major contributors are ground mineralization and gold type that I base my settings off of.  

• Like 1