Training, Prospecting and a long Hike

• Admin

Hello All,

Today I met up with Steve and Dave, both purchased Minelab Pulse Induction metal detectors from us.  We decided to take a long hike to a wash that produced in the past.  Steve was using the Minelab SDC 2300 and Dave was using the Minelab GPX 4500.  I was packing the Minelab GPZ 7000 with me.  After a bit of training, both guys decide to try different spots, so we all kind of branched out to find that first gold nugget.  Within an hour, Steve and I located the first gold nugget, which was only 3-4 grains in weight.  It was hiding under some brush that was growing out of a bedrock crevice.  

I ended up hitting a decent little guy in the sidewall of a bank.  It was just a faint signal, but after taking 4-6 inches off the wall, the target was much louder.  I had a good feeling this was going to be a nugget due to the location and being in the bank of the wash.  

We all hunted for 4-5 hours and called it quits.  We all had a blast hiking, metal detecting and getting everyone more familiar with their new Minelab metal detectors.  

I really expected we would find a few more nuggets, but it was just one of those days.  We all lugged a good amount of iron rubbish from the area.  

P.S.  Thanks for sporting the new, Flexfit Camo "Rob's Detectors" hats.  

Picture below - 

GPZgold1.jpg

GPZgold2.jpg

GPZgold3.jpg

GPZgold4.jpg

• Like 4

Thats great that you got out and got them over some gold :) Thats a nice size piece! 
I would have lost myself with all that camo on :o

Tom H.

On 12/30/2017 at 6:02 PM, nuggethunting said:

Hello All,

Today I met up with Steve and Dave, both purchased Minelab Pulse Induction metal detectors from us.  We decided to take a long hike to a wash that produced in the past.  Steve was using the Minelab SDC 2300 and Dave was using the Minelab GPX 4500.  I was packing the Minelab GPZ 7000 with me.  After a bit of training, both guys decide to try different spots, so we all kind of branched out to find that first gold nugget.  Within an hour, Steve and I located the first gold nugget, which was only 3-4 grains in weight.  It was hiding under some brush that was growing out of a bedrock crevice.  

I ended up hitting a decent little guy in the sidewall of a bank.  It was just a faint signal, but after taking 4-6 inches off the wall, the target was much louder.  I had a good feeling this was going to be a nugget due to the location and being in the bank of the wash.  

We all hunted for 4-5 hours and called it quits.  We all had a blast hiking, metal detecting and getting everyone more familiar with their new Minelab metal detectors.  

I really expected we would find a few more nuggets, but it was just one of those days.  We all lugged a good amount of iron rubbish from the area.  

P.S.  Thanks for sporting the new, Flexfit Camo "Rob's Detectors" hats.  

Picture below - 

GPZgold1.jpg

GPZgold2.jpg

GPZgold3.jpg

GPZgold4.jpg

If it weren't for that guys sunglasses, I'd not be able to see him..haha camo man..

I'll attest to th awesomeness of the hats, one arrived today with an order I placed, very good quality.

PS: I love your ferrite attachment method...great idea.

Jen

Edited by jjbond

• Admin

Hey Jen,

Ya, I have lost a few Ferrite Rings before, so figure that idea might solve it.  Thanks for the compliments on the hat.  I'm seen a lot of cheap hats over the years, so I figured I would try to get some nice fitted, camo hats for customers.  For the most part, I haven't had any complaints on them.  I'm also only selling them for $16 if someone wants to purchase one.  Heck, I have seen some hats (no names or companies mentioned) for like $30. :ph34r: 

RDSHat2.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Dave,

Great to get you into the field again.  Thanks again for your continued support in friendship and business.  It sure was fun getting out and hiking a few miles.  I really thought we would score more, but that is how it works sometimes.  The key is to continue to get out and explore and have fun. 

Next time you might need to carry a whistle ..... :blink: 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh brother! I dont know if I would shoot or run if I saw that out when I was detecting!
Tom H.

• Haha 2