THE BEST DAY EVER - Minelab GPZ 7000

This will be brief as Rob will no doubt want to comment on today's hunt. We met in the dark and headed out to our spot when it was light enough to see. The wind was blowing cold out of the north and yet later, the temperature warmed to almost 80 degrees. If you have seen my posts from the last week you know I was into some gold. When we started the day today, I had Rob use the GPZ 7000 where I had found my gold and he got a warble. I would'have never heard it but Rob is a master at listening. After ten minutes of digging, a gigantic nugget popped out. It was way down in a crack with the thin edge on one sticking up. The huge nugget weighed 12.8 ounces. A little over a pound. I took a video on the phone but it's not letting me send it so ROb can post. We will figure it out. The picture doesn't do it justice and Rob's picture will show how thick the nugget is. Once in a lifetime nugget. 

13ouncer-01.jpg

• Like 11

• Admin

Hey Afriscot,

Yes, one of the best day ever out detecting with a great long time friend.  It's great over the years we have been able to share locations with each other and always seems to come out with some nice gold.  I would have never thought it was going to be a "One Pound" Gold nuggets, but when I heard the faint, wobble sounds, I had a good idea it was a good, deep nugget.  

Congrats to both of us on another successful hunt in the Goldfield.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Gravelwasher said:

Holy smokes thats huge!!!

That's what she said!! 

Lol sorry I couldn't resist. 

Congratulations on an amazing nugget! Would love to see the vid!!

Chris

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hello Guys,

Here is that same nugget, after digging for about 15 minutes to expose the bedrock.  It's wedged in a bedrock crack and required some effort to get the darn thing out.  

13ouncer-03.jpg

I'm not asking the exact location but do you have any photos showing the type of ground it's in, bench, in a wash, ect, anything information sharing of value to the rest of us along the lines of which you can share?

• Admin

Hey All,

Thanks for the comments.  The find was found due to "Teamwork," between a great friend and myself.   Yes, I found the gold nugget and it is fact over a Troy Pound in weight, solid.  The dirty weight was 13.1 ounces, the clean weight toggles between 12.8-12.9 troy ounces.  Without giving too much info, since this is a private area, it was located in Arizona.  This is truly a blessing from God, as we both have worked extremely hard prospecting and exploring in this area for many years. 

A find like this is a lifetime find and very unexpected. 

As for all the details, I didn't get exact depth and such.  We both were so excited, so we spent more time on talking about how the heck it got there and such rather than all the details on depth, settings and such. 

Thanks for all the comments.  I have searched for gold nuggets for over 20 years now and can finally say I joined the "1 Pound Club."

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

As for all the details, I didn't get exact depth and such.  We both were so excited, so we spent more time on talking about how the heck it got there and such rather than all the details on depth, settings and such. 

Congratulations on the find.  I would hope that at some point you can recall the above details for those who would find them very interesting.  A few more pictures of the nugget would also be much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, ABKen said:

Congratulations on the find.  I would hope that at some point you can recall the above details for those who would find them very interesting.  A few more pictures of the nugget would also be much appreciated. 

Agree, I'm sure none of us want to know the specific location but we'd all love to hear what kind of geology it was found in, bench, wash, side etc and perhaps some photos of the general area so we can all learn about the arizona geological signs to look for on our own hunts.

WOW!!!!!!! Thats crazy!!!!
Congrats to you guys. God really blessed you on that one :)
Tom H.

• Like 2