Some Good Additions to the Collection

• Admin

Hello All,

Here are some recent additions to the poke.  The gold from this area is extremely dense and smaller pieces have an unbelievable amount of weight to them.  The nugget on the left is 4.14 ounces and the piece on the right is 3.01 ounces.  All of them had some pretty good depth to them, found on bedrock in crevices.  

It's still out there .....

5a862667b60b6_NewNugs(638x478).jpg.5e1b7fa460ad66c7fe7b04c96ae67f42.jpg

• Like 10

Nice slugs Rob :)

I got you all beat.....got a .8 grammer yesterday :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

It would be nice to at least know what state it's in, or part of the state.. I mean isn't information sharing the reason we're all here, "It's still out there" is of no value to peoples knowledge base (other than getting a hook set for a detector sale I reckon), we know it's still out there. You did the same thing on the big nugget, we asked several times (several people, I already knew where it was found from the exhif data in the photo) for more info, geology, pictures etc and all questions were ignored. We're not asking for GPS coordinates but it would be nice to have a bit more than a toss of a photo and an ad. It's not why I come here, I'm already a loyal customer as you know, though these useless ad posts and ignore questions are changing that loyalty quickly as I realize this forum is more of a billboard to you Rob, than a community.

I know of at least 2 other very knowledgeable prospectors (who had shared heaps of knowledge) who have stopped contributing to forums "owned by Minelab dealers" because of this exact reason.

It's why I don't contribute any longer and don't plan to, instead sharing my finds and knowledge directly with those previously mentioned, sadly resulting in the continued lack of knowledge sharing, activity and usefulness to forums like these, look at Chris's forum for a good example of what it looks like when a forum dies due to inactivity, numerous direct posts to Chris about products and information needed and simply ignored, so I and others stopped adding content (thus value).......this one's not far behind... it's a shame.

I won't even start on the fact it's been YEARS since any of the forum owners have done a Youtube video like you all use to.... It was great seeing you and Chris out digging targets.

You're last Youtube video was a year ago: "Metal Detecting for Big Gold Nuggets in Arizona with the Minelab GPZ 7000"

Chris's was a year ago as well: "Metal Detecting with the Nokta Au Gold Finder"

Of course, you don't owe any of us anything... but maybe some of us care about what use to be more of a community and is dying a slow death, (figuratively and literally due to age) you as dealers should be even more concerned considering your vested interests.

I'm just sayin....

Edited by jjbond
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

Hey Jen and others,

Lets just clarify some things, so it's out in the open.  

(1) I work a day job, normally 50-60 hours per week, then come home and pack customer orders and answer emails for the next 2-3 hours per night.  Normally on the weekend, if I'm not working, I'm conducting training with customers.  I'm not sure there is another dealer out there that is burning a candle on both ends like me.  I sure wish I had more free time to post on the forums, but to be honest, I hardly have enough time to see my family.  Most people don't understand how I can even do it.  

(2) I'm not advertising my business "per say" when I post pictures, but rather protect my pictures.  Most of my pictures of larger nuggets end up on other internet sites, even with others claiming them found them.  I have seen my nugget pictures, along with others, all over the place if you really search.  The ad portion is not to brag or really advertise (you know me or you dont), but to protect my personal pictures from becoming ad on Facebook and other places for other interests. 

(3) I went back quickly and look at 10-15 other pictures of nuggets and no of them placed the information outside a picture and short story on the find.  I don't see many telling others where they found their gold, location and such.  I used to do this all the time, then realized I just attracted more attention to my spots and they ended up getting claimed cause those people didn't want help, they wanted a free ticket to a place where they could find nuggets with no effort.  

I hope you all understand.  I personally wish I had more free time to post more info, pictures, videos and such, but I'm just too busy!  :(

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Generally, most of the experienced detectorists, especially in AZ can read ground in pictures and have a pretty good idea of where the pic was taken...There's plenty good reasons not to expose such info ... Also Rob, Bill & Chris sponsor forums to attract business and to promote the overall concept of detecting ... These three forums have had a pretty solid and unified group of folks who have spread a heck of a lot of valuable knowledge that's pumped up the pokes of most of us... All three started in 2003 and have been going full speed since, but I will agree that in the past 4 or 5 years postings have slowed alot as less skilled prospectors have become more aggressive ... I personally quit posting alot because of that ... However, there's still a ton o knowledge being shared on the forums and will continue to be going forward...Cheers, Unc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't and won't tell anybody anything on forums. Quickest way I know to give away potential finds. If I post, which isn't very often, all I'm going to say is found in Az., or maybe central Az. Asking somebody like Rob to divulge this type of info is expecting too much and in my opinion rude. Do your own leg work and research. The forums aren't here to give other people a free ride to easy gold, period. 

Now as far as people I hunt gold with.....we always share info among ourselves. Easy and helpful amongst trusted friends. I guess a person that doesn't make trusted friends won't find any gold locations easy......oh well. Not Rob's problem, or anybody else's. 

Sometimes I guess it comes down to attitude. When I see those big chunks I don't get jealous or desire to know where they are found. It just makes me want to get out more and find my own elsewhere.

By the way Rob, nice big chunks you have posted recently. Now go find that 2 pounder, lol. Dennis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I think we would all agree, as much as we would all love to know where someone found some gold, most will not post that info.  It's not that guys like myself and others don't want to help newbies or seasoned prospectors, but it's very hard to find nuggets anymore.  

I post nuggets to encourage others that gold is still out there to be found by the people that are willing to spend the effort.  I know guys that have hunted for months without a single find, but the longer they hunt without a nugget, the more they appreciate when they do first that first gold nugget(s).  

When myself and others post gold nuggets, what you dont see or hear about is all the hard work, time spent and wear & tear we go through to get that gold.  If I documented all  the hours I spent hiking and searching without a gold nuggets, you might just want to quit or not even get started.  I have thousands of hours of exploring and ended up with broken equipment, sore muscles, ripped up clothing, lost items, flat tires, vehicle damage and more for a little bit of gold.  

That all being said, it's not the gold for me anymore, it's the hunt.  I have found many gold nuggets from tiny dinks to pieces up to a solid pound, so I'm extremely thankful the Good Lord bless me with what I found.  

I hope everyone continues to post, as there are handfuls of willing people to help in your search for gold.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Everyone has completely missed my point (which I expected to happen). I knew where it was found (to within a few feet), I wasn't asking "WHERE" specifically it was found, I know better than that, my original questions posted on big nugget were about geology, slope, bench, depth etc, not GPS coordinates so I could go there the next day. I mentioned several items and everyone narrowed it down to my asking WHERE it was found, even implying I'm both rude and jealous... of which I'm neither.

My point was much larger than the location of a nugget, that point was missed, and that's ok.

Take care

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I don't care where the gold nuggets were found. While I can't get out on a regular basis for several more years it is nice to see that "they are still out there" for me to find when my kids are grown and out the door to college!

"They" will always be there for the people that put in the time to research and then get out and prospect.

• Like 2

Hmmm, well if you know where it was found (to within a few feet) as you say, then you would already know the answer to your question. I Don't need Rob to tell me those chunks are found in the Az. desert on bedrock. That is common sense for anybody with experience. Rob's forum tied to his online store so..........I don't see what your problem is with what Rob does on his forum. Maybe start your own forum to have it your way. 

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest here, but maybe you should calm down before you post. Maybe it's not what you say but how you say it that rubs somebody like me the wrong way. I've seen it here on this forum as well as the other forums without saying anything previously, but something about your post this time made me respond. Maybe I felt like you disrespected Rob on his forum and I had to say something this time. 

I don't know you personally Jen, and that does not hurt my feelings one bit. I don't know if it's your personality or the ex cop in you or what your problem is, but you have a way about you that can aggravate the heck out of people like me in texts. I can just imagine how you are in person. I myself won't miss what you call contributions on the forums. About 95% of what I have read posted by you turns sour anyway. 

Rob, I apologize for clouding your excellent post here on your forum. But this time I just had to speak my mind. All of us here that know you, know you have your hands full with work and family and appreciate all you do and that you can find time to contribute here as well. Keep up the good work my friend. Dennis

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Nobody, most especially Rob, owes anyone here anything. He's always been out front about being a detector dealer.

If someone chooses to post a pic or a video - great. If people feel like talking about what they are doing - great

We all miss the earlier days of 'how it used to be,' but it's pretty clear that's not the way it is now, and there are reasons for it that are clear too.

It doesn't do a lot for getting back to those good old days to get after the guy who is running a site for free along side his day job and having a family.

And, there really are lots of very smart folks here who can tell right away, or figure out pretty quick where things were found down to a few feet.

And I'm not interested in a pissing match either but why would anyone who is out there finding things on their own feel they have any obligation to talk about it in the face of an aggressive and rude post like that? What kind of communal feeling does that engender? 

Yeah yeah I missed your point - which you expected to happen.

But if you expected it to happen why did you put it that way?

Edited by FlakMagnet
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Nobody, most especially Rob, owes anyone here anything. He's always been out front about being a detector dealer.

If someone chooses to post a pic or a video - great. If people feel like talking about what they are doing - great

We all miss the earlier days of 'how it used to be,' but it's pretty clear that's not the way it is now, and there are reasons for it that are clear too.

It doesn't do a lot for getting back to those good old days to get after the guy who is running a site for free along side his day job and having a family.

And, there really are lots of very smart folks here who can tell right away, or figure out pretty quick where things were found down to a few feet.

And I'm not interested in a pissing match either but why would anyone who is out there finding things on their own feel they have any obligation to talk about it in the face of an aggressive and rude post like that? What kind of communal feeling does that engender? 

Yeah yeah I missed your point - which you expected to happen.

But if you expected it to happen why did you put it that way?

I wish I could give you Two likes for this.   Best post I read in a while.

• Like 3

Rob, you have always given great deals on the stuff I have bought from you. That is all I ask

part of the enjoyment of the hobby is doing the research and finding a spot where I can find a few flakes of gold.

i personally don't care where you found your gold but I'm really glad you did and I'm terribly jealous!!!

thanks for sharing the pictures, keep 'em coming!

Chip

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words.  I really want everyone to get along on the forums.   Someone brought up a good point, this is a free forum and I do pay all the expenses.  I don't ask for donation like other sites.  

Most know here I have a extremely busy schedule, so if I get to sit down for a moment and post a nugget, that is about the best I can do.  I don't have time to write a complete story about the nugget, but I wish I could if that is what people really want.