first time gpx user/owner success

ive had the sdc2300 for just under a year. it has more than paid for itself. upgraded to a gpx 4500 14" coiltek elite package from robs detectors. first day out i went to a patch that produced well for the sdc. no gold found, but 3 very small targets at incredible depth. i know for certain these were all missed by the sdc. second trip i found some new ground. the big one was 1-2 inches deep, so nothing special there, besides it was in a seam of iron and clay. the .5 gram piece was 7-8 inches from the coil under large cobble. very impressive. sdc might be the best on small gold, but it is not the best on small gold at depth, in my opinion.

20180305_065030.jpg

• Like 5

WTG on the gold! :) Nice looking.      Sounds like you got a nice set up with a pistol and a rifle for finding gold.

Each one has their advantages/disadvantages. Just got to use them for what they are good for.

Good luck to ya

Tom H.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldies1955 said:

WTG on the gold! :) Nice looking.      Sounds like you got a nice set up with a pistol and a rifle for finding gold.

Each one has their advantages/disadvantages. Just got to use them for what they are good for.

Good luck to ya

Tom H.

That's a perfect analogy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

to correct my statement. the sdc handles extreme mineralization much better than the gpx. i found a 1.5 gram nugget today in a spot i placered  with the gpx. too much falsing from the gpx. sdc found it with ease at about 7 inches. there is no replacement for the sdc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, G S said:

to correct my statement. the sdc handles extreme mineralization much better than the gpx. i found a 1.5 gram nugget today in a spot i placered  with the gpx. too much falsing from the gpx. sdc found it with ease at about 7 inches. there is no replacement for the sdc.

Gold monster does pretty dern good in hot ground. Just might not shoot as deep?
Tom H.