Update on my End - Rob with Rob's Detectors

• Admin

Hey Guys,

No change in my schedule, still turning and burning.  My Father is home now recovering.  He will be scheduled soon for a Heart Bypass.  He is not looking forward to this.  Thank you all for all the thoughts, concerns and prayers, no question they have helped.  

I personally haven't been out detecting for at least a month.  I'm really missing it, but have other stuff more important to address right now.   I went from a High moment finding the massive 13 ounce gold nugget to about a week later my Dad suffering a major heart attack and not knowing if he was going to make it.   Life will always toss a fast ball at you and you never know when it might hit.  

On another note, the Minelab Equinox 600 and 800 sales are crazy.  Customers are looking everywhere for them.  Right now we still have a small stock of EQ 600's, but don't expect to have them beyond the weekend.  You can see them here along with purchase them directly - https://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-equinox-600-metal-detector/

The Equinox 800's are coming in slowly as we continue to knock down our pre-order list of them.  We are hoping by the end of the Month or beginning of April all the backorders will be filled and some stock of these units will be available at all times.  

We also just got the new Fisher F-Pulse Waterproof Pinpointers, $129.00 in stock.  Many have been looking for these, so we finally have them now - https://www.robsdetectors.com/fisher-f-pulse-waterproof-metal-detecting-pinpointer/

The Jim Straight 8th edition has been discontinued for some time.  We are working on getting it re-printed and back in stock soon.  

Thanks for all your support and prayers during these times.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I didn't look forward to it also Rob, but then when you figure the alternative you go for it.  When you are offered a few more years with your family it's something you must do for them.  Tell him we geezers are sticking together and praying for him.  

Old Tom 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hang in there Rob....will keep praying.

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tell your DAD that medical procedures are near miracle these days. I have had inner parts of my heart electrically burnt (Catheter  ablation) and then Cryogenic frozen finally AV node severed for permanent ventricular pacing. Now I am fully dependent on a Pacemaker with built in defibrillator. I had a cardiac  arrest with no heart beat for 22.5 minute thanks to Rapid CPR, I survived and can still walk a marathon, kayak solo many miles on flat water. In fact I would not know I had a  cardiac  arrest now except for the weight gain due to medication. They are a long way in front of Christian Barnard 1967 breakthrough. 

Edited by geof_junk
  • Like 2

Rob, Happy to hear your Father is doing better ! That's what counts the most. Hang in there . They do really well in regards to heart issues these days as I found out when my Dad had his heart problems.  Just keep believing it will all work out.  Take care, Ralph.

• Like 2

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the encouraging words.   I ended up having breakfast with my parents today and my Father is not looking forward to the bypass surgery.   He is still having a lot of pain in the chest from compression's.  

Please continue to keep my Father in your thoughts and Prayers.  I'm praying for all the people that are praying for us! 

• Like 3

• Admin

Hey Andy,

Yes it is!  My Father goes and sees the Surgeon tomorrow to discuss the Bypass.  My Dad is talking about not having it, so we had a lot discussion about the risks today over Easter Lunch.  I think he is just scared, wish everyone would probably be.  I don't want my Chest cracked open and then them cutting things in and out of my heart.  

• Like 4

Rob:
 They actually dont really touch the heart. With dad, they took a vein out of his thigh, cut pieces of it and simply bypassed the blocked arteries. Its a re-rout around the blocked area. I can understand your dads concerns though. Still praying :)
Tom H.

Mine was a 5X's bypass, the worse part was the 14 days in the hospital, I already had 11 stnts, they took a vein out of my left leg, from the just above the knee to my ankle, and a smaller one out of my right side chest, The worse part was when they took the two very large drain tubes out, that went up in to my chest,  They came in, said open your gown, and stand up, then they said take a deep breath, and they pulled the tubes out, almost a foot long, two of them, my knees buckled, when they did that, and I said some very bad cuss  words. Then I had a catherter, they took that out, and I peed blood for a week.  Grubstake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grubstake1 said:

The worse part was when they took the two very large drain tubes out, that went up in to my chest,  They came in, said open your gown, and stand up, then they said take a deep breath, and they pulled the tubes out, almost a foot long, two of them, my knees buckled, when they did that, and I said some very bad cuss  words.

Same thing here with my five way.  The doc handled it a little different though.  He fooled around for a while and said that he was just about finished.  He yanked the tubes and I heard a audible sloshing sound and the tubes were out. No pain but I remember saying to him that "You blindsided me didn't you."  He laughed all the way out of the room.  Felt great but the worse part for me was forcing myself to get up an walk around the hospital corridors.  A little more each day pulling the IV tubes on wheels, sweating like a hog.  Something everyone should go through at least once.  :rolleyes:

Old Tom

• Like 2

Mike I totally agree with on this. My father went through several passes of bypasses in his life. Like Gary one of his was 5X, damn near killed him. Probably would have if he had been several years older.

Mike