Bradshaw mountains

Moved to Congress AZ mid October

Could someone tell tell me how to get to Bradshaw mountains to do some metal detecting

Not asking for your secret spots but I will take help in finding an area that has produced a nugget or two

Do I have to come in off of I 17 if so what road do I turn on

Or can I get off a road off 89 somewhere

Any help in fine my 1st 1 ozer or 1st nugget any size would be appreciated

Roger

Almost everything you need to find gold in Arizona is in this bulletin;

http://repository.azgs.az.gov/sites/default/files/dlio/files/nid1603/usgsbull1355placergolddepositsarizonatextsmaller.pdf 

Either side of 89 from Congress to Prescott and beyond has potential, Mostly West of I17, but some potential east as well. Lynx Creek has a section that is open to prospecting, but beyond that, you must research to find areas open. Your best bet would be to join a club like the Roadrunners, GPAA, GPAP etc. to find known producing areas that are available to members. Good luck! Later...Jim P.

• Like 3

• Admin

Hey Roger,

Some great advice already given.  Here is a map I found on Google that might help a bit.  A lot of gold has been found for hundreds of years in the Bradshaw Mountains.  That being said, living close to Congress you have gold in all directions from you.  Rich Hill is very close, the Little San Domingo Placers are around Wickenburg-Morristown.  You have Vulture placers South of Wickenburg and many placers out West. 

A lot of places to swing a detector and find gold.  Just do a bit of research to find the land status (BLM, Forest, State, Indian Res, Wilderness area and such) and check out the mineral claim status of the area and you're set to detect.  

bradshawmtns.thumb.jpg.131f98e688ffeda5e4843ee046b0e991.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the help

I don't really know how to search for the info to find what land is open to metal detecting or to see if it's claim

But thanks for the into you young men shared

Congrats to you Rob on the 13 oz Honker

You must have had to change your underwear when you saw that 

Are there picture of it on you're forum

Roger 

I didn't know how to do the research at one point in time either, I look at it as part of the learning curve. If you have a specific question, someone is almost always willing to offer advice. This is why I suggested joining a club as a starting point, you'll have access and be able to learn from the club members.

If you aren't a joiner, there's also untold numbers of threads on this and other forums with everything you need to know about researching "open" ground. Google searches will also turn up millions of references. Good luck.

Later...Jim P.

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Roger,

The piece was solid, no quartz.  The piece is now in the hands of a Western US gold collector.  Father hasn't had the surgery, he has a Life-Vest on for the time being, just in case the heart rhythm would get crazy.  

Adam - I will send you a location around the Vulture, a wash that is stacked, worked in the early 1900's, lots of gold found, probably needs to be drywashed! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rob

I had 3 or 4 by passes when I was 58 I will be 64 on the 21st it was not as bad as thinking about it

But I was scared of having another heart attack so I didn't do much

What I know now is if you don't use it you loose it 

So going to try metal detecting again but just sold my 2 detectors

Now I thinking about buying a equinox 800 have not found one yet,I have a trooper of a wife that will help me

For our 40th wedding anniversary I got her a new shovel

Also want a pin pointer minelab pro35 or Garrett carrot water proof one

Keep that in mind Rob

Anyway tell you're dad to have it done lots of years left and buy 2 x 12 x 8 feet long 2 of them cut in half to 4 feet and put 2 stacked under each side of chair so when he wants to get up there is little or no pressure put on chest or switches

I had self resolving stitches and would request them again 

I had staples for gulblatter and when re moved it spilt open and had to heal from inside out

A lot longer to heal

When I left the hospital they gave me pain meds never used one

Tell him to get it done and move slow and easy for awhile

Sorry it got so long

Roger

• Like 1

Talk about throwing a dog a bone! This post is a gold mine in its own! I didn' ask but I'm going to give thanks to all you guys for being so darned open to helping people out. I've done a ton of research here in southern California (a lot of the good ground is closed) and am looking to expand my horizons a bit. Arizona is a call'n me and this info sure will help get my research going in the right direction. 

Much respect and thanks.

• Like 1

OK let's talk LSD

Stands for lost San demego or something heard of it for years on forums

Well worked over I am sure

Is someone willing to tell where it is 

Are there lots of claims to be careful of

Is this a nugget metal detector spot or dry washing

Anyone want to share?

Roger

4 hours ago, Roger said:

Anyway tell you're dad to have it done lots of years left and buy 2 x 12 x 8 feet long 2 of them cut in half to 4 feet and put 2 stacked under each side of chair so when he wants to get up there is little or no pressure put on chest or switches

When I had my bypass my son Tom took two 4x4 pieces and jacked up my lounge chair.  Boy was that a God send, that and my heart shaped cough pillow.  Made life a lot easier for me to deal with.  I too didn't take any pain meds, didn't need them.  Reassure your father Rob that he will pull through this as God is with him.  

Old Tom

On 4/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, Roger said:

OK let's talk LSD

Roger,  Little San Domingo is just north of Morristown AZ . Take Castle Hot Springs road north of Highway 74 just after pavement ends look for a road to the left after passing the big red dirt pile. You should notice a ranch house sitting back aways on the right side of the road before you make your left turn. You will be entering state trust land and will need a permit to park or camp on state land. The Roadrunners, GPAA and a couple of other clubs have claims for a few miles around. There is some open BLM land where you can prospect but as others have said before do your research first unless going with some one that knows the area. Like all popular placer areas it has been hit hard. You can always score some gold drywashing and if you have a good gold detector and know how to use it you stand a fair chance of finding a few dinks or maybe even something bigger and better.  :D

• Like 1

Join the GPAA to get legal access to some good claims in your area, like the LSD. Minimal investment with some good claims that still have gold to be found. I also recommend a good GPS so you can plot the claims onto it and really know the claim boarders to help you stay legal and also help you expand your search on a claim beyond the areas hammered by others. Spend the proper effort getting setup properly will give you the best opportunity to succeed finding gold with a detector. Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Roger,

LSD - Little San Domingo Placers around Morristown, Arizona.  Here is an interesting link with a map - http://www.apcrp.org/SAN_DOMINGO_WASH/San_Domingo_Wash_Text_102208.htm

Uncle Ron, good friend here on these forums also has custom maps of the area.  You can see his website here - http://www.az-gold.com/mapshopping.html

Yes, gold nuggets and good drywashing and vac-packing at these placers.  I have seen solid gold nuggets over an ounce in size found there along with many much larger quartz/gold specimens.  

Hope this helps a bit,