Large Quartz & Gold Boulder - Youtube Video

• Admin

Don't ignore any piece of quartz that sounds off on your detector. You can see from this short Youtube video that gold isn't always visible on the outside. This large quartz rock has gold inside, but very minimal amounts showing on the surface. It was originally found with a Minelab GPZ 7000 down about a foot. In the video I'm using a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 to show you the hot areas where the gold is located within the rock.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 7

Crush it!!! :)
Tom

• Like 2

Well jeez Rob, once you compared the two specimens I knew right away where the big one came from ?

It's awesome to see the exposed gold in the smaller piece.  Shows you exactly where nuggets come from. Weather out of veins and continue eroding away until they're dust.

• Haha 1

Was told by along time friend here in Mariposa, that a friend of his was detecting a few weeks ago in the Detwieler burn area, and found a quartz boulder that had exposed gold all over it and through it. The test show it has over two pounds of gold in it. And its wire gold. wish I had a picture. But I don't. Grubstake

• Like 2

Nice info Rob. . .  Now I have to go back in the hills and retrieve a bigger rock than what you showed and bring it out for further inspection.  I left it cause I thought it was just hot rock noise... now I gotta make sure. ?