SteelPhase audio enhancement system Question

I just got my SP01 audio booster and was wondering if anyone out there who is familiar with it could explain what the difference is between Filter positions 1,2, and 3.  The description section in the pamphlet isn't very plain???   From what I can understand and get from it, the audio signal is enhanced greater (better, crisper, stronger, etc. ??) with each increase in filter number-position; with 3 being the greatest (clearest, strongest, etc.)???  Thanks, Gary

Thanks Rob,...  After taking it out and playing with it a bit I think that I pretty much answered my own question.  I had already viewed the two videos, and neither one of them addressed the filter-position difference.  But I got it figured out now.  Gary

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for sharing that link, great information there.  I have one SteelPhase in stock, but I'm going to hold it and play around with it.  I'm not sure when I can get more, I'm hoping Nenad has more to ship us soon.  We are several months from our prime time detecting weather, so I'm sure guys will want them.  

Anyone using one now, please keep us updated on the performance? 

• 3 weeks later...

This may help

Description

The SteelPhase sP01 is a modern low noise audio enhancer, with built in LiPo battery for over 20 hrs use. Unique features include a Mode switch to accept stereo and mono wiring, and a 2 position Filter. Designed and tested by prospectors for prospectors, with very good results on the Minelab SDC2300*, GPZ7000 and GPX series. It works extremely well with headphones and external speakers alike. Perfectly suited to most detectors, but will provide excellent results particularly on gold detectors that have a faint signal response.

Most detectors put out very clear audio, it’s usually the play back device that lets down the audio path. With the sP01, the Filter control allows you to control how much clarity you want coming through. When using stereo headphones, the Mode 2 position also opens up the audio, giving more clarity, with minimal background noise.

Features

• Easy to use

• Rugged construction

• Compatible with most detectors

• Low background noise and hiss

• 3 selectable filter options

• 2 switchable output options

• Broad volume range for precise adjustment

• USB rechargeable LiPo battery

• Over 20hr run time

• High speed charge time

• Compact and lightweight

• Military grade components

• High quality aluminum enclosure

• Urethane coated pcb for corrosion resistance 

• Professional grade plugs and cable

• Manufactured in Victoria, Australia

Filter Switch

This selects one of three different audio filtering options.

Each filter has been designed to enhance the signal without boosting unwanted noise.

The optimum setting will depend on detector setup and operators hearing preference.

Mode Switch

Position 1: Used for both stereo and mono wired operation.

Position 2: Used for stereo wired headphones or stereo wired dual speakers only.

Package Contents

• 1 x sP01 unit

• 1x heavy duty, high quality audio cable, fitted with Amphenol 6.5mm plugs on each end

• 1x USB charge cable

• Instruction Booklet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Guys,

Pat from Australia, the designer of the SteelPhase sent over this diagram to help explain the different from just a Booster to a Booster with a Filter.  

Hey Rob

So what sort of things do you want to know? Here's a bit of extra info that may be of interest.

I've called the sP01 an enhancer rather than a booster to differentiate it from other products on the market.

Like boosters, the sP01 does amplify the signal, but unlike boosters, it puts an 'edge' on targets, making it easier to hear deep, broad signals (and sharpen signals in general).

SP01.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Guys,

Trying to get some reports or at least customers with finds already to report on the new SteelPhase Enhancer.  This unit is great, never heard such a smooth, clean enhancer like this one.  We are down to a couple more units, then we are waiting again for the next batch to arrive from Australia.  

Order online - https://www.robsdetectors.com/steelphase-audio-enhancer-nenad/

I was out in the field with mine this weekend.  I love it!  Basically my set up is SDC2300 to ProSonic to sP01 to Liberty "Stereo" Headphones.  I have never used a booster before so I can only give you what I observed.  First my SDC volume was too low for my liking and I thought I might be missing small or deep targets, especially around running water or when the wind was really blowing, so this was one of the reasons why I bought it.  This thing is loud!  I only had it turned up to about a 1/4 way and it was hurting my ears!  It definitely enhances the targets too.  I did not find any gold this weekend but was finding a lot of lead.  I used to be able to softly hear lead bird shot now it is quite obvious that it was a target making it very clear to hear.  Matter of fact I was finding sizes similar to half BB's clearly.  Anyways it is doing what I want it to do.  a.) louder SDC and b.) enhanced target sound.  The filters for me just muffled the sound some but I am still not sure exactly where you would want that.  I like the crisp high pitch sound on filter 1.  I did not have mono headphones to try it on but found that when I switch from mode 1 to 2 (2 is for stereo) it was extremely loud and clear.  This trip was the first time I ever dug up a lead BB 4 inches down, usually that would be gold for me and 2 times bigger.  The signal was so crisp I thought I had gold.  You might have to change the way you hear targets.  I am hoping that this might give me an inch or two of more "depth" by enhancing and making targets louder.  Again I am very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey GPX Power,

I believe you purchase from the first batch, which didn't include the pouches and the prices was slightly less.  From the second batch and on I raised the price to reflect the pouch now being included in the purchase to make it easier.  I sent you a PM, check it out.  

That being said, these units are selling very well and we are down to just one unit left in stock.  I will have more coming in very soon, so I recommend a pre-order from our store or call us to insure you get one of the units on the next batch from Australia.  

• Like 1