I SPY WITH MY "EYE"

Well now,... "That was fun!!":4chsmu1: I was out about a week ago sort of early doing some detecting and trying to stay out for atleast an hour or-so, and yet beat the summer heat and humidity back as well (so much for that).boorb I was detecting up a wash that had been thrashed:ya: pretty good by the last couple of monsoon rainstorms. The floolding water had opened up a section of bedrock and exposed it from bank to bank for a width of about 8 ft. Or-so; the center of which had been scoured thus-leaving a "V"-shape. (The whole exposed section was about 15 ft. Long). There was still water flowing at a trickling-pace, and most of the lowest areas had pooled-up holding water.

I had just detected the exposed bedrock up against the left-side bank and was about to swing the coil across and over to the right side exposed area when my eye:yesss: caught the slight coloration of something (sort of blurred) lite-yellowish down under the water in this open ("V"'d) pool. I had to take a double-take thinking it might just be a light-yellowish-colored rock (as I have found a few times in the past:grr01:). It really wasn't bright, yellowish, and metalic-looking, so I wasn't really sure if it was a nugget or not at first. I didn't even bother to swing my coil over it;... I just stooped down and plucked it out of the water to take a look. It was just then that I realized:WOW: that it was indeed a nugget that was just laying there under 4" of water in a wide-open "V"-shaped crag:ROFL: !!!! I can't say that I have come across a nugget that way before, so I guess there's a first time for everything.

All I had with me was my cheep Tracphone, so the first few photos are of it ( probably blurred) "in-situ". They are probably not too good, but they should be good enough to see what the conditions were like. The last few photos are of it after I cleaned it up at home with a different camera. I also found a small "dink" just upstream (photo'd). The big nugget weighed in at 1.15 Grams, and the combined weight of the two came to 1.22 Grams. "Come-on Monsoon Rains,...come in hard and heavy some more!!!" :poostorm:   Gary

3107-101413.jpg

3107-101413_LI (2).jpg

3107-101514_LI (2).jpg

3107-101559.jpg

3107-101621_LI.jpg

3107-101636.jpg

3107-101649.jpg

SAM_0566.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heck of a nice find Gary ...............sun baker or water baker...its all good :) 

Nice score!
Tom H.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...