Over a Pound of Gold Nuggets from a Friend in 2 days!

• Admin

Hello All,

A friend and long time customer shared this picture with me a few days ago.  Him, his Wife and a Friend found over 1 Pound of gold nuggets in 1 1/2 days of metal detecting with the Minelab GPX 4500 and SDC 2300.  Hope you enjoyed.  He wanted the info to be just real general, so respect that please.  

Thanks for sharing with us! 

poundplus.jpg.049617200a9e47929163aa8359b09f8c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2018 at 10:32 AM, ABKen said:

Very nice, but what is the point of just posting a picture of nice finds without some kind of an interesting story?

Its true everyone always wants to know details (me too lol) but having experienced these kind of finds many times in the past i can appreciate just the photos and knowing someone out there had their due diligence and hard work pay off!! Bet theres several pounds of small gold there as they clear the patch! 

• Like 3

It is difficult not to speculate where the gold came from. It is definitely river or glacier worn ... A single area...many areas? A high Bench left by the river long ago? A river bottom having only an isolated incident of gold. Whatever it be, it is an area missed by the many many many miners that have searched the ground for the past 160 or so years

Congratulations well deserved for sure and I hope more to come! 

• Like 3

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I wish I could share more, but the finder was nice enough to just share the picture with me.   I asked him if we could share on the forums and he said Yes, but asked if I would be real general on where it was found and such.  I have to respect the finder.  As much as I hate to say it, sometimes sharing too much info can lead someone else to find your spot, highgrade it or even claim over it.  It happens all the time, I have personally experienced, so I understand the finders wishes 110%.  

Hope you all understand.  It's hard enough to get people to share their finds. 

• Like 5

On 9/14/2018 at 7:18 PM, fishing8046 said:

It is difficult not to speculate where the gold came from. It is definitely river or glacier worn ... A single area...many areas? A high Bench left by the river long ago? A river bottom having only an isolated incident of gold. Whatever it be, it is an area missed by the many many many miners that have searched the ground for the past 160 or so years

Congratulations well deserved for sure and I hope more to come! 

Well said.  Hope, maybe, for the rest of us looking for a vigin patch.  

On 9/14/2018 at 2:02 PM, Border Boy said:

Its true everyone always wants to know details (me too lol) but having experienced these kind of finds many times in the past i can appreciate just the photos and knowing someone out there had their due diligence and hard work pay off!! Bet theres several pounds of small gold there as they clear the patch! 

Hey where did Border Boy come from? It's been awhile!