gold hunting

ROFLMAO! Great post, garimpo!

I really needed a good chuckle today cuz yesterday was the pits. I was heading home after work, driving along, minding my own business and all of a sudden, total loss of engine. Last time that happened, it was due to timing belt. I own a German car and when the timing belt lets go, then all heck happens. GRRRR. When/if I get it fixed, it's gonna get it sold and I'm going to buy me an older truck with a nice V8.....and it's gonna be American made (or what passes for American made these days) so I can pull my little 16' 1971 vintage Golden Falcon trailer easily! I was planning on taking it up to the gold fields around Jicarilla, NM in 2 weeks for a long weekend of prospecting, but the $$ for that trip are gone...or will be when the car gets fixed. :angry:

Then gas goes up another 16 cents between heading to work in the AM and heading home in the afternoon. But that's ok cuz Exxon only made $10 BILLION last quarter. Anyone else see something wrong here????

Needless to say, yesterday was the pits.......and to top it all off, my stepson (who's 9) finally started asking bout his "real Father" (who has never even seen my boy, left just before he was born and never was heard from again)....a conversation I've been getting ready for over the last couple of years. I think it went pretty well, explained the difference between being a "Father" (takes 20 minutes or so to father a child) and being a "Daddy" (being a Daddy takes a lifetime). He seemed to be ok with it, but we'll see. But jeez, what timing.

Today's got to be better, right???? Thank God for Johnny Walker Red Label scotch!

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Kajun, wishing you the best of luck with the nine year old. I've got the very same problem with a 15 year old, won't go into that here.

I always figure that if a person laughs a lot they live longer. When things get me down in the dumps I grab a detector and head for the bush.

A nice nugget always give me a new look on life.

I'm still seeking my first nugget, but your advice sounds pretty darn good. Maybe I'll head out this weekend and do some beeping. It's about a 3.5 hour trip, but that ain't bad, right?? Thanks for the advice. :)

I was planning on building a nice battery driven drywasher this weekend, but it's been raining up around Jicarilla, so the dirt will probably be too wet to drywash, but maybe just right for beeping.

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

Being casual is the only way to go when your beeping in paradise Flak.

Any body remember quite a few post back the small black and clear cubes that I found?

BIGFOOT and somebody else responded with basically the same answer

A little information that I haven't shared because I really don't know what I have.

While up North I found not just several but many of the same little perfect cubes. Some were black and some were clear (almost). All were perfectly shaped like crystals are, not the points.

A couple of time while close to bedrock while dredging I would see pieces that looked a lot like diamonds.

I have one that I saved.

How do you tell a diamond from something else?

Sorry Flak ka-thunk, first responders are on the way, ka-thunk.

That last pic was the real McCoy's.

Now that we have that pic for cActually this pic is the real McCoy. Some of these came out of the river and some were dug out of the hill side just a short distance from the same river.

Same stone, three different pics.omparison, here's the one I brought back.

Sorry, it says I out of file space.

Hey guys, a lot of good guesses. Thanks for taking the time to participate.

I know it's impossible to identify something from a picture and a bad picture at that.

The pic with several stones are the real thing, diamonds.

I bought three of them ( that's why I got shot at) and sent them to Israel for cutting.

Why Israel? I was told that the best diamond cutters in the world are there.

They did a good job. When they returned the stones I had one just over 2 ct., one just over 3 ct. and the last one just over 5 ct.

Talk about beautiful but someone else liked them better than I did.

Hard to find someone you can trust when it comes to diamonds and gold.