gold hunting

Ok friend Lamar, now I have some questions.

1st- you get to fly around the country in a Bolivian Gov. C130 Herc. :mellow:

2nd- you travel down river in a Bolivian Gov. PT Boat. :huh:

3rd- my question is: how do you get your Jeep on the civilian yacht? :o

Have a good one :D

BTY- how do you get more than one pic in one post?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi FlakMagnet, going to try to add to that inventory tomorrow, even if it's raining side ways. This time of year I need an underwater detector.

In Austrailia they drag a chain behind them and call it "chaining" do you think I could do the same here for the lightening? ;)

I used an underwater PI detector off the Yucatan (sshhhh), and in the Bahamas...it was terrific. 'Course I can't remember the name...but it's the one that all the 'serious' hunters use, it was British.

It would work with a longer shaft on it - it had, I think, two coil sizes....little and big.

anyway...

OH I remembered! it was called an AquaPulse.

yeah that's it...(faraway look coming into the eyes - boy those were great times.)

If I could figure out how to put a pic onto this darned forum I'd post a couple from those days, you'd like 'um.

best,

Hi FlakMagnet, boy did I ever call the shot on leaving when it was raining side ways. Exactly what it was doing Tues. morning. at 0600.

At least this time I managed to keep the Toyota on the pavement until time to get in the 28 miles of mud. ;)

Sure would enjoy seeing those pic of you and your Aqua Pulse treasure hunting in the Mexican paradise. B)

I just kept trying until I got the pic post down. Write your post, down at the bottom click "browse", find your pic, click it and then return to the forum and click "add reply".

COLORADO BOB, good idea about the chain connected to the detector. Possibly one problem, does ML warranty cover "fried" detector and prospector? :blink::o

Hi Garimpo,

Yes, winter is hetic. Something like two or three hundred thousand people pour in and through here. Think about a third of them are wandering around the hills.

I don't do much work in close to Quartz. in the winter, wander out a little further.

The upside is that my wife works at the PO so I at least don't have to fight the mob at the post office, nice to have home delivery.

Garimpo its about time you posted a pic. of a new 2 or 3 ouncer. Good luck with your detecting. Bob T.

just-john, don't know about the 45 part of the Toyota. Here in Brazil Toyota has produced the Toyota Bandeirante for many years. They quite production of this model in 2000. They were built like a tractor, only plain necessary parts, they ride like a tractor and have a big heavy Mercedes diesel motor. Most are 4x4 like mine, it's a 1986 model.

Don't know about tomorrow's weather yet. The weather reports here are terrible.

Guess I'll start celebrating early.

A few pieces laying around from the last couple of months of beeping.

Planning on hitting the virgin area again this week.