"WALCO PICKS SHOVES IT UP DOC'S ARSE!!"

DOC,

That background story involving the printing company is a great one, amazing that they really printed that many and had them waiting on the shelf for you even though you had not paid for them, and could not afford them at the time. I work in our company's printing department, well I am the department, and I say that is quite a company you're dealing with there. I would be loyal too.

Rex

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Doc,

Not to change the subject but your Fatal Dog hats are AWSOME. I've had mine for about a year I think. My wife been busting my ba##s for years for me to wear a hat I can't tell you how many ball caps

she bought for me that I don't wear I am not a big baseball hat fan but anyway I showed her your hats and

I told her which one that I wanted she kinda bit@$ed at the price at first but now she says that was the best money she ever spent. I pretty much wear it everyday. I think a skull cap is next. Thanks for a great

hat.

You and Rob will have my business for the new Pick.

PS Please get rid of Johnny Fairplay on your website, I can't stand that guy. :lol:

way2cool

I know Joe makes the Hermit pick and we have been talking, however, I have never seen a hermit pick up close and personal. Joe is going to send me one. I have also had three other people come forward who say they can make picks to my specs. You also have to remember that Hoss Blackman and I designed and I still sell the Aussie Claim Jumper pick, which has always been a great pick with it's solid hickory handle.

Doc the pick is on it's way and will be there Tuesday, take it out and beat the hell out of it until it breaks then let me know if it will meet your standards. If it doesn't meet your standards I will not bother you with it. Nice story by the way.

-Joe

I sent my email to Walco to let them know how I feel about the shafting they have dealt out..

Be interesting to see if they respond back. Still no gold but haven't been beeping much either, too busy faxin and calling D.C. about illegals. ;)

Keep on Beeping - Frosty

How do we e-mail walco? - found the address.

Here's what I wrote, I'll bow out now from this topic and let it run it's course.

"To whom it may concern,

This message is concerning the dropping of walco pick's distribution in the USA through "Docs Detecting". This is your business decision, but at the very least I think it would be a decent business practice to go over with Mr. Louisignont the reasons behind your decision. In my opinion, if someone is making a business decision it is always best to give a detailed explanation as to how someone arrived at such a decision. Excuse my illustration, but this situation to me is somehow reminiscent of a girl who breaks up with a guy and then says it's due to careful consideration and then doesn't elaborate as to the reasoning behind such a decision. One can always debate as to the real reason but I can understand in Mr. Louisignont's position it would be nice to hear what actually is the basis of your decision.

Regards,

Rex B."

Imagine if there were a country full

of people like Doc heading businesses.

I can, probably we all can.

The reason there isn't a country like that?

I'd be interested to see what people think the reasons are.

If we all stood up and said no to the Walco's the Walmarts and the (add choice here),

it would be interesting to see what happened.

I know, I know I'm not being realistic.

Exactly.

Flak

Will this hurt Walco sales? Probally not to any degree. Why?

I'm sure a lot of AZO customers are new customers, Chris advertises a lot and those people will never know about any of this nor should they care, onward.

I do agree with this however it might hurt AZO sales I truely believe they were in on this way before thier trip to Australia. Who in business makes a spur of the moment proposition to another distriubuter?

I am noting bashing AZO just stating that I will NEVER buy anything from them or to S.H. Wallace .

Frosty keep up the good work ;)

It is called pride.People use to take pride in what they do and what they make. If they had differences they would work them out. They didn't go around stepping on others toes to get to the top or not deliver the goods.

If they did they would be out of bussiness in no time.

Look out Walco us Americans are stepping up to the plate!!

And as for AZO this can't help there bussiness.The loyalty with Doc is to strong he has done right by to many.

Would Doc do the same as AZO has done?I think not!!

I bet AZO is wondering were to go now that they jumped Doc's claim.Cris deleted the posts on his fourm about this turn of events was it all negative toward AZO?

I keep hearing it's only bussiness who said this? The Sapranos!!!!!

Take care,Matt

Morning All: Doc that was a great story your posted about the printing of your test. Reminds me of what my Father told me, "There are two things no man can take away form you and they are your education and your honor (word)." Doc I've always kept my word and appreciate doing business with vendors who do the same. I recall telling you somewhere around DECISION corner I needed a coil cover for my MINI UFO ... a few days later a coil cover arrived in the mail.

Good on you Doc!

Don

Yep, it won't be long and there will be some MADE IN THE USA pick available from DOC, Don't know which one he will go with, but I think maybe there will be atleast one with fiberglass handles. Everyone has been wanting one with fiberglass handles. I had and still have one of the last AZO Diamond picks, served me well, But there is going to be better ones produced that will be much better made in the near future. I have the one Shep made, and its one hell of a pick, and is not going to wear out anytime soon. Everyone keep your eyes open for new picks, MADE IN THE USA> Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Guys,

The most important things to me are Integrity, Honesty and Pride when it comes to business. I know I don't sell the most Minelab's in the US, but I do know if you purchase from me you're going to get the best service available.

Gold prospecting realistically is a small market. If you go around "burning bridges" the news will travel very fast!

Today at Rich Hill, several guys in the club heard about the Walco dealings. I asked them how they heard about it and they said they heard from others. Just goes to show how bad news travels around, must faster than you expect.

Sadly, good news seems to travel at the speed of a Snail, but at least it gets out! ;)

The Good News is a new USA built pick will be available soon. :P

The Bad News, I only found one gold nugget today. :angry:

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

I haven't seen my Walco pick for three months, :mellow: I happen to see it today and it's all rusty :o They must be recycling old Dodge pickups to make those picks! :huh: Maybe someone could make one out of stainless steel... no more rust, it would stay sharper, you could signal SOS with your pick in case you get lost, Or use it to reflect the sun into your huntin partner eyes when he gets to close to your nugget patch, or look at your reflection in your pick to "pick" the sardines out of your teeth, the uses would be endless. :rolleyes: You know kinda like a swiss army pick! :lol: I'll take the first one for free, for the idea!

Stainless steel? I passed on that idea and went for Carbon fiber with a titanium coating :blink::blink:

Stainless is strong enough it would take forever to where it out but the price would be to hi.

The only way to make them cost efective and durable is to us a grade of steel that is T-1 or higher.

T-1 is the same grade that is used for armor plate.

Take care,Matt

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Uncle Ron,

Surely Walco could fill my order for one little Stanless Steel pick before Christmas!!! And that would leave them plenty of time to finish Doc's order of 399 picks for AZO. :unsure: Maybe Doc should sue them for breach of contract... that would show them the American way!

• Admin

Hello Claim Jumper,

I kind of seen the JP thing coming ... :(

In the last year there has been all kinds of changes in the prospecting world. Several big dealers went out of business, while many new smaller guys have stepped back in.

Coiltek now has a new owner, Trev, which should be great for Coiltek and all the prospectors that have supported Coiltek in the past.

I ran into old JW, from JW's Prospecting in Prescott Valley last weekend at Rich Hill. He mentioned he opened up a small shop in Humbolt, AZ. Not sure what product lines he is selling.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I know it's easy to get drawn into this type of drama. Seems more will view these type of threads than informational ones. It's Human Nature to be curious and want to know what is going on, but I think it's best for us to wish them the best of luck and let everything just run it course.

Wishing everyone the best,

Rob Allison