beachcombing

• 1 year later...

Most beach hunters like it after storms when the beach is ripped away and prior to the tide replacing it. A lot prefer the area in the edge of the water or just up to high tide. I found one diamond ring up in the area sun bathers use that was 15 inches down. Also you find a lot of sunglasses and trash but that comes with the hunting. I was hunting Sunset beach in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area and was picking up trash that I dug and was questioned by a couple that thought I was hired to dig up the trash. When they found I did it for free they were impressed that someone would do it for free, of course, I didn't show them what I had in my pockets...Jerry

In the summer months, when the water is bring sand in, you want to hunt dry sand, because thats where everyone puts there blankets down to set, in the winter, you wat to hunt sand, at low tide, and work your way up as the tide comes in. I've found lots of diamond rigs on the beaches over at Carmel and Monterey. As luck has it, my uncle lives there, so I stay at his house, and we usally hit the beach at midnight till dawn. Then he comes to my house to hunt nuggets. Good deal Huh? Grubstake