Anyone have a picture of the Pulse Devil?

Hi bugwhiskers,

Ha, I guess we finally wore each other out!

I know Rob well enough to know he uses a Minelab for one reason. He believes it is the best option available to him. But he would be the first guy to jump to another unit if it were demonstratably better. Never let brand name loyalty get in the way of detecting success! You don't need censorship to sell Minelabs. People buy them because they do the job, plain and simple. Despite whatever flaws they have. But if there is something better, let's hear about it.

Steve Herschbach

There are no good detectors. Only good detectorists.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

OK, I guess that you all deserve the full account of why the PD1000 is not being released yet. This may make you laugh or cry but it is 100% true.

The guy who was writing the software for me is a little unusual to say the least. he is autistic yet he is one of the foremost mathematicians on the east coast.

Right at the time where the detector was undergoing its first tests, MR. P the software guy discovered a group of people penchant for eating raw food.

Mr. P told me that he had to go to several meetings a week and that he was going to host raw food meetings at his home.

Things went from bad to worse when another person he was doing work for pulled him in full time to work on their project as he made more money working full time.

This all happened at the same time that I was receiving all sorts of feedback about people not wishing to have to wear the control box around their neck or shoulder, not wanting anything too difficult to learn and asking for a light weight detector.

I had been working on an analog version all along. The problems of not having a reliable software engineer coupled with the feedback I was receiving led me to advance the Nemesis to be the first production detector.

MR. P has now been replaced by a more normal type of person who I understand eats cooked food!!! This will allow me to introduce the PD1000 in the near future. OK, there it is. Now you know the reasoning behind the decision.

I will say that the PD1000 no advantage of any kind over the Nemesis other than its selection of different search modes and a whole bunch of tricks such as allowing software to be downloaded to the MPU for upgrades etc.

Dave. * * *

Thank you Dave and good to see you in this forum. Do you have any idea of the release date and price for the Nemesis for the US (I am in so. California). Also if you need anyone to test the Nemesis in the Dale mining district and Big Bear area I am available LOL... :D

Dang Steve, maybe I'd better stop coming by for those afternoon chatting about detector sessions ;) but I think you have covered the frustrations of silly season quite nicely, would be nice to have both the new Whites and Daves unit at Moore Creek to take out in the woods and bang em around, as for standing in one place and running units over a buried known target never has made sense to me I like to push em to the Max in the environment they were meant to be used in, and that means sometimes you come home with pockets empty and sometimes you come home smiling, but thats the real world and you keep hunting until you bang something out........Silly season is almost over, its warming up, the snow is melting and I am here in Tn. with family, adrift :( waiting to see if I am going to be a survivor!!!....Good Hunting...Geo

Hi Dave,

Well, I beg to differ on the PD1000. You have stated it has a numeric target ID readout accurate to full PI depth. That is a pretty remarkable thing considering none of us has ever seen such a thing. Or am I missing something?

Hi George! You hang in there!! They just got a foot of snow at Moore Creek. We have a seal going out in the final on the D9 so it is eating lube. As soon as we get a break in the action it will need to come apart. Carl figures a 4-5 day project. The strip is as good as it is going to get right now at 200 feet wide by 1900 feet long. They had to take out those hills where the windsock was setting but that is done now. We are pretty much stuck using the D9 until the snow melts down as even if the 450 was on site no way could it handle 6-8 feet of snow! Once Carl gets the final repaired we will probably have to plow the road all the way up to the drill site. New camp is under construction and as soon as they get more room for people the initial drill crew can come in. Despite all the setbacks we are still pretty much on our timeline.

You think getting a detector to market is a challenge Dave try getting a drill crew and drill onsite in a remote Alaska location in mid-winter with minimal pre-existing camp facilities and a small airstrip. Thankfully our backers have deep pockets because we find some new obstacle daily that can only be fixed by applying dollar bills to the wound.

Steve Herschbach

You think getting a detector to market is a challenge Dave try getting a drill crew and drill onsite in a remote Alaska location in mid-winter with minimal pre-existing camp facilities and a small airstrip. Thankfully our backers have deep pockets because we find some new obstacle daily that can only be fixed by applying dollar bills to the wound.

Steve Herschbach

Steve, my Dad always said that you could get any job done if you had enough of the 3M's..... men, machinery, and money. But the main thing was to have enough of the last one so you could buy the other two ;) . Wishing you all the best in your endeavor as it sounds like you are on a real winner.

Frank

Hi Steve,

You will have to agree that there is a very limited market for such a machine as the majority of prospectors just want to find gold no matter how small. Most of the guys in the small group are not so young and have dug more than their fair share of "ground noises" and ferrous trash.

I did not post the info as a tease but because you did entreat me five times.

It is refreshing to see you have a balanced view of the prospecting scene. As a citizen in the land of the free you would probably be horrified to know that some of the so called "Prospector" sites in Oz would ban your butt forever and delete ALL your previous posts for such heresy. This is of course after the rabid Minelab Jihadists had finished with their derision of you.

A recent thread at the MSN Gold detecting site was removed because it stated that pictures of the Nemesis could be seen at Prospecting Oz.

regards

bugwhiskers

Now, now bugwhiskers, I very much doubt that Steves post would be deleted on any Oz forum, It contains truth, and more then a little common sense.

I suggest the reason that the post got deleted at MSN was the link to prospectinginoz, I don't think it had nothing to do with posting the Nemesis photo's.

Due to the amount of slanderous gossip, BS and innuendo posted there, some forum owners view it in about the same light as having the name and address of a low class brothel on the church notice board.

You gave a link here directing people to the MSN site, because you thought it contained information about the 4000 that was damaging to JP and Minelab.

The truth is that it was a just a slant taken on the information contained in Minelab's explanation of S.E.T.A. The guy who started the post, admitted he was not only razzing JP, but also you Minelab haters. He was right too, you guy's put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5, added BS and innuendo, and try to make a big deal out of it.

The start of the post was enough, does anyone know anyone who went back to a 3500 after buying a 4000?

Now I see someone posting on Prospectinginoz is at it again, someone told someone that instead of buying the new 4500, just go and get the 4000 serviced, suggesting that It will then become as good as the new 4500!

Hmm, I got into a bit of trouble one time posting something this bloke had written.

Seems It wasn't true! :rolleyes:

Inhere,

I guess that's the problem with most of the posters I read;

They are unknown, their detecting ability is unknown, their technical knowledge

is unknown and their experience is unknown.

All said, I would rather stick with the postings of JP, Steve, Rob, Montana

QLSandy, Grubstake and a few others

and skip the waste of time on the sketchy bitchy pouty stuff.

Time is more precious then gold these days.

All the best,

Flak

Steve, I will vote for you as my spokesperson as I have yet to disagree with any of your comments regarding detectors or detectorists....but please don't consider this as a potential burden, I will continue to do my own thinking...

edited 4-1-08

Dave Emery; thanks for the explanations and for finally making a detector which is in the hands of the testers...correct? ....apparently not correct according to the oz forum ,So I delete the question for now...................

????

Best wishes

Fred Mason

Now, now bugwhiskers, I very much doubt that Steves post would be deleted on any Oz forum, It contains truth, and more then a little common sense.

I suggest the reason that the post got deleted at MSN was the link to prospectinginoz, I don't think it had nothing to do with posting the Nemesis photo's.

Due to the amount of slanderous gossip, BS and innuendo posted there, some forum owners view it in about the same light as having the name and address of a low class brothel on the church notice board.

You gave a link here directing people to the MSN site, because you thought it contained information about the 4000 that was damaging to JP and Minelab.

The truth is that it was a just a slant taken on the information contained in Minelab's explanation of S.E.T.A. The guy who started the post, admitted he was not only razzing JP, but also you Minelab haters. He was right too, you guy's put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5, added BS and innuendo, and try to make a big deal out of it.

The start of the post was enough, does anyone know anyone who went back to a 3500 after buying a 4000?

Now I see someone posting on Prospectinginoz is at it again, someone told someone that instead of buying the new 4500, just go and get the 4000 serviced, suggesting that It will then become as good as the new 4500!

Hmm, I got into a bit of trouble one time posting something this bloke had written.

Seems It wasn't true! :rolleyes:

Hi Inhere,

I reckon the guys here are old enough and wise enough to look for themselves and don't need to be advised by you that it isn't worth a read.

The thread originator very cleverly avoided getting his butt banned by writing in a jocular manner.

The mystery deepens with JP refusing to answer questions on the matters raised.

regards

bugwhiskers

Hi Inhere,

I reckon the guys here are old enough and wise enough to look for themselves and don't need to be advised by you that it isn't worth a read.

The thread originator very cleverly avoided getting his butt banned by writing in a jocular manner.

regards

bugwhiskers

Yeah bugs, I reckon the guys here are old enough and wise enough not to be led around by you!

Flakmagnet has got it right. Just stick to reading the guy's he mentioned, you may learn something! :D

Yeah bugs, I reckon the guys here are old enough and wise enough not to be led around by you!

Flakmagnet has got it right. Just stick to reading the guy's he mentioned, you may learn something! :D

Hi Inhere,

You obviously don't remember the "Prohibition" lesson, the more you try to deprive people of something, the more they want it. Thanks for your help.

regards

bugwhiskers

Hi Inhere,

You obviously don't remember the "Prohibition" lesson, the more you try to deprive people of something, the more they want it. Thanks for your help.

regards

bugwhiskers

Also,

The harder that some people try to denigrate a product or a person, the more resistance they meet with. :lol: Minelab should be thanking you for driving people their way. :P Cheers.

regards

bugwhiskers

What questions am I avoiding? SETA is what they say it is, which is an improvement on what went before, which has to be a good thing right? Enhance is a refinement on Smooth, so better sensitivity to small gold and better depth on larger gold which has to be good thing right? There is now a booster in the battery which will provide comfort in hot weather and provide an improvement in signal response/depth which is also an improvement right? You can now turn off the GB, in quiet ground this might provide a bit more performance so is also in improvement right?.....

..... and the list goes on and on. You guys canned the crappers out of the GPX4000, yet here we are 18 months later and it has been one of Minelabs all time greats with gold success stories world wide to back it up, one would assume in light of Minelabs past successes that they will continue the trend with the GPX4500, so to that end either put up or shut up, because you can't have it both ways if you want people to take you seriously.

JP

Dave and everyone.

Dave,

Is Ray Seidel writing your software for you?

Regards

Karl

What questions am I avoiding? SETA is what they say it is, which is an improvement on what went before, which has to be a good thing right? Enhance is a refinement on Smooth, so better sensitivity to small gold and better depth on larger gold which has to be good thing right? There is now a booster in the battery which will provide comfort in hot weather and provide an improvement in signal response/depth which is also an improvement right? You can now turn off the GB, in quiet ground this might provide a bit more performance so is also in improvement right?.....

..... and the list goes on and on. You guys canned the crappers out of the GPX4000, yet here we are 18 months later and it has been one of Minelabs all time greats with gold success stories world wide to back it up, one would assume in light of Minelabs past successes that they will continue the trend with the GPX4500, so to that end either put up or shut up, because you can't have it both ways if you want people to take you seriously.

JP

Hi JP,

There is nothing this post of yours that goes anyway towards answering the question. As there are now 3 of you on the bandwagon of trying to stop these guys from reading the reference material I suspect it is one hot potato.

The following post is an excellent opportunity for you, I suggest you take it and leave the spin for the politicians.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProspectinginOz/message/8728

regards

bugwhiskers

From Dave Emery on April 6th:

"there will be one detector going to Doug and another two to testers in other parts of Oz. There will be several in Europe to add to this number. The testers have a tough job as they have to report how the detector operates and what if any changes they believe need to be made".

Sounds like it will be awhile before anyone can actually buy a Nemesis. Dave is just finally approaching an independent field testing phase. Presumably if all testers report back that the unit needs no changes Dave would be set to go but I'd be amazed if that proved to be the case. Testers always come up with suggestions for improvements. White's has been field testing their unit for over a year now, incorporating suggestions, and then going back for more field tests. It is either that or ignore the field testers but then what is the point of doing field tests?

Speaking of avoiding questions bugwhiskers, of units currently available for sale brand new on the market today, what do you recommend a serious gold prospector purchase?

On Feb 1st, 2008 Doug announces at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProspectinginOz/message/7058 that the test team is all running out to get a GPX-4000. Confirming what JP and lots of others had been saying since the GPX-4000 came out. And just weeks before we find out the GPX-4500 is on the way.

Now here we go again, all these questions about the GPX-4500 and all these questions about JPs credibility. All I can say is I'm listening to JP and not the Oz test team. Now that they got their GPX-4000's I'm sure they will be telling us all how stupid we are to be getting GPX-4500's. Once again the advice will be to wait for the recommendations from the Oz team. Thanks, but no thanks.

Steve Herschbach

The start of this thread was about pictures of the new "Nemesis" and whether there was any pictures of it about. It seem that there is, and they are available on various forums on the net.

The hottest potato I can see is to do with the testing of it. It was supposed to happen last year, and again last month. The best outcome would be for it to actually happen and then people can make an opinion on whether it is worth buying or not. The delays are not doing it any good.

All the speculation about the GPX4000 and the GPX4500 has little to do with the Nemesis, unless I am mistaken. As JP suggested, the 4000 has been one of the best selling detectors Minelab have produced, regardless of the rubbish that has been dumped on it, and we will soon see if the 4500 is an improvement on the technology, regardless of the opinions of a minority.

I would recommend to all readers to check out ProspectingOz forum. You can type in the search bar, "Pulse Devil" or "Nemesis", "GPX4000" or "4000" and make up your own minds about things. I believe the majority of operators are smart enough to make up their own minds without being swayed one way or the other. Best of luck with your choices as I have made mine. Cheers.

Hey Steve,

Will my 3000 work in the areas south of Anchorage that you and I spoke about on the phone?

I have the Joey and both Mono and DD platypus coils and the Wallyabes?

Or do I need to find a used VLF for those areas?

I was reading some of your notes regarding the VLF (MXT and GMT) versus the 2100's sensitivity to the size of gold nuggets you typically found there?

Thanks

Karl

Thanks Steve,

I appreciate the advice!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Check is going out in the mail tomorrow for Moore Creek!

Let me know when you get it!

Thanks

Karl

The start of this thread was about pictures of the new "Nemesis" and whether there was any pictures of it about. It seem that there is, and they are available on various forums on the net.

Hi Qld Sandy,

The pictures of the Nemesis are posted on the first page of this thread. I think the best set along with control description is at http://groups.msn.com/GoldDetecting/genera...D_Message=36279

Steve Herschbach

The hottest potato I can see is to do with the testing of it. It was supposed to happen last year, and again last month. The best outcome would be for it to actually happen and then people can make an opinion on whether it is worth buying or not. The delays are not doing it any good.

All the speculation about the GPX4000 and the GPX4500 has little to do with the Nemesis, unless I am mistaken. As JP suggested, the 4000 has been one of the best selling detectors Minelab have produced, regardless of the rubbish that has been dumped on it, and we will soon see if the 4500 is an improvement on the technology, regardless of the opinions of a minority.

I would recommend to all readers to check out ProspectingOz forum. You can type in the search bar, "Pulse Devil" or "Nemesis", "GPX4000" or "4000" and make up your own minds about things. I believe the majority of operators are smart enough to make up their own minds without being swayed one way or the other. Best of luck with your choices as I have made mine. Cheers.

Hi QldSandy,

Just a quick question requiring a yes/no answer.

Do you believe Minelab and their very expensive detectors are above scrutiny ?

regards

bugwhiskers