White's TDI

Hi Rick

Your right everything went dead in the water now that GPX4500 is out.OZ. was talking about Nemesis PD but now all they talking about is the GPX4000 and GPX4500.

Whites needs to get off sitting on their hands because if I was to buy a GPX4500 that will be my first and backup detector.I'd say Dave Emery should do the same thing sooner than sooner are stay home.

I may have to bury the nuggets I've got in my backyard to be able to hunt with the cost of gas as high it is.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Cougar Jim

Now I think this is correct C12 H22 O11 is the chemical make up of sugar.The color of the TDI you said will be Flat black is this what you call alot of sugar for a dime.

Now I know that your not one to repeat gossip but now we are just talking so what is the date it will be out?

Take Care Jim!

Chuck

Flat Black huh, guess thats military style kinda non reflective, so nobody from a distance can tell what you're holding. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First it was "the spring" " then April" "then May" now JUNE, I'm really starting to wonder about all this talk now for sure.

frank c

You were the one if you will look back on your post that said fine wine takes time.I think what we need to do is you and I with Cougar Jim just go to Whites plant to talk to Ken White direct.I'll go ahead and call to let him know that we are coming.

I'm sure that will go over like that rat in the chili bowl.

Chuck

Well I called Whites at 541-367-6121 and got to talk with Todd about the TDI.He is the guy that works on the circuit board layout.He said right now I go home to put the kids to bed then work on the layout until midnight.He stated that right now they are trying to get 25 units into production and out the door.It's just taking alot of time to make sure that everything is right before they do so.

I ask about the color and he didn't know being thats in another department.At this time he didn't know when this all will take place but it is coming.O'h I did ask if it was okay to use his name and thats why I did.

Frank C and Cougar Jim I was looking forward to meeting you but this saved us alot of time and money.

Chuck

I was told today that there should be a very limited number available to purchase in about 2 weeks.

After market accessories (loops, etc) are coming next but not for a bit yet. Standard loop will be a new design 12" round mono. And the last I heard, it will in a matt black finish.

Digger Bob

Well I called Whites at 541-367-6121 and got to talk with Todd about the TDI.He is the guy that works on the circuit board layout.He said right now I go home to put the kids to bed then work on the layout until midnight.He stated that right now they are trying to get 25 units into production and out the door.It's just taking alot of time to make sure that everything is right before they do so.

I ask about the color and he didn't know being thats in another department.At this time he didn't know when this all will take place but it is coming.O'h I did ask if it was okay to use his name and thats why I did.

Frank C and Cougar Jim I was looking forward to meeting you but this saved us alot of time and money.

Chuck

Hey Bob

Thanks for the reply! I didn't ask but has anyone said what the price is going to be.On the coils are you talking about whats called after market like Coiltek are something what Whites will make??

Chuck

Who makes the coils and what size is what's trying to be determined as we speak. Naturally, Whites would like to make them but time is a factor right now. Determining the best size for the market, how many sizes, length of the cable (for hip mounting), tuning the loop to the machine, waterproofing... all these factors are being hashed out. Does Whites "re-make the wheel" so to speak, when there are already a wide selection of loops available that will work? Obviously, they make more money if they have their own loops, but there has to be an advantage there for the consumer, price or performance. Imported loops are more expensive but available now.

Anyway, lots of back and forth emails, conversations, and testing going on to try to get the best performance at the best price for the customer. So, the machine will be out before any additional loops; but they are coming.

Price for the machine, I still think will be in the $1500 range, give or take $100.

Digger Bob

Who makes the coils and what size is what's trying to be determined as we speak. Naturally, Whites would like to make them but time is a factor right now. Determining the best size for the market, how many sizes, length of the cable (for hip mounting), tuning the loop to the machine, waterproofing... all these factors are being hashed out. Does Whites "re-make the wheel" so to speak, when there are already a wide selection of loops available that will work? Obviously, they make more money if they have their own loops, but there has to be an advantage there for the consumer, price or performance. Imported loops are more expensive but available now.

Anyway, lots of back and forth emails, conversations, and testing going on to try to get the best performance at the best price for the customer. So, the machine will be out before any additional loops; but they are coming.

Price for the machine, I still think will be in the $1500 range, give or take $100.

Digger Bob

DIGGER Bob---I Was Told @-3 Weeks Ago By Someone At sweet Home They Would Cost $1,399 To $1,499 You Are Right On !

Has anyone heard if the TDI and the new White's underwater PI share the same circuitry or are they two different beasties.? Thanks Wyndham

Can't say for sure, I think they are two different beasties. The TDI is based on the Goldscan 5, a prospecting detector. I know nothing about the new underwater machine. But I do know they want to make a waterproof version of the TDI for beach hunters. But so far, they have not been able to make it small enough to fit into a compleatly waterproof housing. So that is why I think they are not related.

Digger Bob

• 2 weeks later...

To all this be the week that be!

Whites and Digger Bob said two weeks well it has gotten here.Being that my birthday is this week it would be nice to see Whites come out also with the PI TDI.

According to Todd at Whites they were working on 25 units to get out first.Now I know that not all dealers will order one but even at that it's not much to go around.This may be like Rob on Minelab what you call a back order.

Digger Bob I think that you have gone into hibernation being not a word has come from your keyboard.Just how many have said to you that they want one?Maybe others are waiting on other people reporting on their own field test before they buy.

For some on Minelab they have sold their GP4000 and have the new GPX4500 plus reporting good finds with it.

I know we are talking about a big difference in price in detectors and maybe a big space between of what each can do.Now you look at Uncle Ron with his SD and how much gold he finds is it the detector are the man behind it.The man hehind any detector keeps the finds coming and I say this because I've hunted behind alot of people picking up what they miss.The last time at Rich Hill I pick up two nuggets within three feet of each other and someone had dug a hole not more that a foot away.

I never let a sleeping dog lie! :D

Chuck

Cougar Jim

That looks like the prototype with only the color has changed.

Thanks Jim!

Chuck

PS Whites have not posted the PI yet on their site.

Hi Chuck

Yes if you remember the DFX and MXT 300 was out a few days before they were posted

on their web site. The only thing I see different is the tone toggle switch and the color.

I think it looks nice. I have one on order but I probably won't get one right away. :(

Jim

To all this be the week that be!

Whites and Digger Bob said two weeks well it has gotten here.Being that my birthday is this week it would be nice to see Whites come out also with the PI TDI.

According to Todd at Whites they were working on 25 units to get out first.Now I know that not all dealers will order one but even at that it's not much to go around.This may be like Rob on Minelab what you call a back order.

Digger Bob I think that you have gone into hibernation being not a word has come from your keyboard.Just how many have said to you that they want one?Maybe others are waiting on other people reporting on their own field test before they buy.

For some on Minelab they have sold their GP4000 and have the new GPX4500 plus reporting good finds with it.

I know we are talking about a big difference in price in detectors and maybe a big space between of what each can do.Now you look at Uncle Ron with his SD and how much gold he finds is it the detector are the man behind it.The man hehind any detector keeps the finds coming and I say this because I've hunted behind alot of people picking up what they miss.The last time at Rich Hill I pick up two nuggets within three feet of each other and someone had dug a hole not more that a foot away.

I never let a sleeping dog lie! :D

Chuck

I've not wanted to say too much more in case what I've been told turns around and bites me. I was promised one of the first ones off the production line, which was supposed to be this week or next. I told them I had to have mine before I go to Rye Patch over Memorial Day weekend. In fact, I was going to let everyone know that if they wanted to see and play with one, I would have it with me at Rye Patch from the 24th to the 28th. But, I didn't want to make that announcement until I actually had it in my hands.

I have a pre-order in for 3 and I'm ''supposed' to have a priority since I've invested so much time in on this thing. As soon as I have them in stock, I'll let everyone know here so if anyone wants one from me, I'll give my forum friends first shot at them.

The price is supposed to be $1599, 2 lith-ion batteries, one loop, black matt finish. There will probably not be any extras included from the factory until they are fully geared up in production, but I can usually be presuaded to throw in some goodies.

Digger Bob