For all that pray

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh Paul, taked to him awhile ago, he's glad to be home, He wants to go to disneyland, So he said: I'm doing all my execises and eatting so I can get well quick. He sounds much better, and he has the follow ups and such for the next 6 months I think stella said, Made me happy. Gary

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I just got back from a long weekend hunt and even scored some gold. However, the better news is Alec is doing much better than what we was a week or so ago. Without a doubt, all the prayers helped and the little guy is on the way to recovery. Lets keep him in our prayers.

P.S. I cleaned up the posts on the thread. Lets keep all the person attacks and comments off the forum.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thank you Rob, Glad you scored a good nugget. Grubstake

i sure wish i had a button to hit and erase the truth....may be someof you out there can help me..i have a big mental problem and need medication..since iam a comercial trucker the doctors cannot realy give me anything cause of my job..if they do they have to notify the d.o.t and the dmv and they will take my comercial drivers license away..iam sure many of you out there have these meds yourself maybe you can spare some and send to me to help my conditions..thanks you so mutch if you can pm me and ile give you my adress

i sure wish i had a button to hit and erase the truth....may be someof you out there can help me..i have a big mental problem and need medication..since iam a comercial trucker the doctors cannot realy give me anything cause of my job..if they do they have to notify the d.o.t and the dmv and they will take my comercial drivers license away..iam sure many of you out there have these meds yourself maybe you can spare some and send to me to help my conditions..thanks you so mutch if you can pm me and ile give you my adress

Sounds to me like you are taking drugs that no doctor can give you already. Or it could be alcohol mixed in with the drugs. Chip & Wheelbubble filled me in on your habits. :blink: :blink:

Hello Rob...I just wanted to say Thank You so much for the Use of the Forum to help Stella and Alec get help and Prayer...I hope to meet you one of these days....I Commend You. Thank you...jet521 aka jerry

Sounds to me like you are taking drugs that no doctor can give you already. Or it could be alcohol mixed in with the drugs. Chip & Wheelbubble filled me in on your habits. :blink: :blink:

This is for oakwoodcutter: In mid-May I was returning home from a month long trip through the western states. I was stopping for a nature call at a rest stop in eastern Arkansas. Near the entrance was a teenage boy with a cardboared beverage flat and a homade sign reading "please help, need gas or money, any help would be appreciated." He never moved, and I passed him by, just like everyone else. When I returned to my car and started to leave I noticed an older van with New Mexico plates filled with clothing and beding inside and on the roof carrier. Nearby was a young girl and a child of 7 or 8 who she was trying to keep ocupied. She started to move away and I saw the mother sitting at a picknic table in the shade of a nearby tree, looking very frail and tired. I got out of my car and called to get the girls attention two or thee times, she finally heard me ,and when I caught up I gave her a hundred dollar bill. She was totally surprised and nearly forgot to thank me, but she did after I told her I had been stranded years ago. I left and continued my trip home. About an hour later I began to have regrets. I'm a solitary man that has trouble interacting with other people. My regret was that I never talked to the mother to see if a hundred dollars was enough to get her to her destination. Oakwoodcutter; I hope you never need to depend on the kindness of strangers in a time of need. Ron

Ron

Thanks for the true story of yours.I myself have help people on the road and been help also.

A girl at church got shot here in San Antonio lately she is a police person and on the job for one month.My wife and I carried their dinner for them and a friend that's helping keep her kids in the day time.We at church are doing this so her husband can keep working at his job.What I want to say to all is we all need help at one time are another and if you never had that need then you are bless.

Chuck Anders

yeh, I kind of went through the same thing, whem my wife and I were still driving longhaul truck, we were in Texas and right out of Ft. Stocton, now this is in the middle of no where, A van was on the side of the road, we pulled over, because it was summer and very hot, there were kids there, rangeing from about 2 to 7 years old, my wife and I stoped, the guy had been sitting there all night, his altornator went out, well being long haul, we had a refidg. in the sleeper and it was full of bread and lunch meat and snakes and soda's, We gave it to them, I hauled the guy into Ft. Stockton, bought him an altenator, help put it on, got them on there way. My wife and I always felt good about that, and never looked back, for anything. Just helping folks that needed help. Too bad the world is not wired that way for everyone. And by the way, Stella has sent everyone that donated via paypal a thank you E-card. The ones that donated by check, she is going to send you thank you cards. She said the only TOM that was listed, was Shep, from this area. No Tom from Oakdale. Thanks to all. Grubstake

Grubstake,

I was in the mountains the last few days and I am elated to hear that everything is going the way everybody prayed for. We will pray for Alec to have a speedy recovery. Hopefully you and your family can get a little rest after such a traumatic time. With both my kids on my lap while I try to type this, I can only imagine what Stella was going through. God bless you and your family and everybody that prayed and helped them out. Take care.

matt

• Admin

Hello All,

It's great to know there are people out there (like us here on the forums) that are willing to help someone in need when we can. I'm also very glad to hear Alec got the help he needed and Stella has been helped out from the guys that sent whatever they could to help.

Speaking of the whole helping out others, this is my thoughts, tell me if I'm crazy or not.

Over the years I've always tried to help out others when I could. Whether this meant dropping some change into a container to help a child or someone in need, or even helping someone that needed a buck or so walking the streets. Helping others don't always have to mean giving someone money, but even spending time or talking with someone in need. I really believe no deeds go unrecorded from the good Lord upstairs.

Remember the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

Just think if you were the person really needing help, wouldn't you hope someone would be willing to help you, like you would them? I would think so.

Just my thoughts,

Rob Allison

Your right on the mark with that ROB, we{DORTHY AND I} don't have much, but we always give what we can to those worse off than us, we always have and always will. We are truely blessed in this day of age, our bills, rent and other stuff gets paid, thats a lot more than some other folks have, were lucky. Grubstake

As the Good Book says;

"What so ever you shall do to the least of My brethren, that you do also unto Me."

And that swings both ways. Your good deeds and your bad ones towards your fellow man, are either an honor or dishonor to God.

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;"

Good deeds don't always have to involve money. Praying for someone, giving an encouraging word. I think everyone on the forum has shown that their hearts are in the right place.

I agree, Prayer is a mighty thing, Alec has had people from all around the world praying for him, all have helped, Alec is saved and truely believes in prayer, our pastor called and prayed with him, just before they took him back for surgery. Looks to me like all was answered. Grubstake

Hi Grubstake,

After spending the day with my kids and putting them to bed with prayers, we are assuming that all is well with Alec's recovery and his mother. When you get a chance give us an update on them. Thanks. Take care.

Cheers,

matt

She's staying with her older Brother Now in Vegas, Alec has follow up on the 21st, won't know anything until then. she has to stay in Vegas because of her lawyers and Alec's DRS. and she's fighting for her unemployment. No longer with Jet521 and his wife. Grubstake