Riley Nicole Allison has joined the camp ! CONGRATULATIONS!

Congradulations to you both! The golden moments you will soon have are far more precious than anything ever found in the material world. Cherish every one of them cause like the comic says you can experience something sumular but never the same thing again.

Best wishes

Jerry and Carol

A huge congrats to the new proud parents! Rob don't listen to what JP said about boys and girls. My two girls are definitely spoiled but they deserve it. :rolleyes:

The second we found out my wife was pregnant with our first I knew why I am on this Earth. Kids are what makes the world go round. Enjoy every bit of every day because they change so fast. I know you will be a great father.

Chris

Rob and Dawn... Great! You may be just starting down another trail...

Our youngest daughter is 50-something. Our oldest granddaughter is

now 28-something... we have four great grandkids... And as I write this we

are primary babysitters for our youngest great grandson, "JJ." His mom and

grandmother work. He is a wiggly 6 months. Weighs 19 pounds.

Rob, you will become an expert in changing diapers, making Riley's formula,

burping her, feeding her and loving every moment of it.

One thing I would change if I could go back in time 50 years... is when our four

kids were small; it would be to try to spend more time with them... especially

while they were in school. Unfortunately I was working rotating shifts...

Kennecott, Eagle Picher, and Kaiser Steel... When I was working "swing shift"

as I left to go to work they were just getting out of school. Money was tight and I

worked all the overtime I could...

Just wanted to give you an update. My little Angel, Riley Nicole was born yesterday at 4:50pm. She was a C-section baby at around 37 weeks. She weighed 5.1 lbs and 19 inches long. She should have been bigger, but because opf the stress the baby had been experiencing the Doctor thought it was best to take her now and allow her to develop on the outside. The Doctor said she was in great health and everything came back fine despite her size. The Lord truely blessed me with a Angel!

Doc

Congratulations Rob and family, and a thank you to Doc for posting this. I'm new to the board and the hobby but have already learned that across all the boards I've joined, there runs a sense of family and this post by Doc proves it even more....

Congrats on the new addition to your family once again.

Doc, let me know once he hands over those gold claims as he'll be too busy and I'll fly down with the new 4500...wink wink. ;)

Jennifer

E-Trac

GPX-4500

WHOA!!! My hard drive took a dump last week and I finally got back online...and all this good stuff happened while I was down!

Congratulations you two. Good job! She's cute as a button! And Riley, what a nice name...congratulations and have fun being a momma and daddy. Because, before you know it, she will be all grown up.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. She is the most precious thing ever!!

DOC-- Congrats on recently finding out you are going to be a Grandpa. Diana must be ecstatic!

I have provided a link below to some newborn pics that my niece took with Riley, Rob, and myself.

Check out the smile on Rob's face. He is toast!! It's hard to believe that such a big man can fit around such a little finger!!

Enjoy the pics. I hope you find her as beautiful as we do.

http://gallery.me.com/ftrain9#100282

Take Care,

Dawnie

And that my friends is what life is all about.

It is why God put us on this earth, so we could be part of this amazing miracle of having children.

When Alex Haley's epic story "Roots" came out many years ago. Tracing his families roots all the way back to Africa, where Kunta Kinte's was abducted by the slave traders and sold into slavery in the United States, I remember the custom when a new baby was born. The father would take the baby out into the dark of night, and holding the baby in his hands he would raise it to the heavens, and in a sort of ceremonial christianing he would call on God and say, "Behold the only thing greater than yourself."

Dawnie the pictures are absolutely fantastic, and you have never looked so beautiful, you are all aglow. These pictures certainly express what parenthood is about. Everything about that darling little Riley is amazing. Those little feet and little toes, those little hands, that precious little face. The smiles, the yawns. I can almost hear the gurgles and the fussing, but it is music to a parents ears. You two did really really well!

Diana sat here and looked at the pictures with me and she said she has thoroughly examined each picture and she said it is now official, that is one beautiful baby! She got all misty looking at the pictures, it brought back many memories of when our children were born. Babies are the best!

Congratulations again!

Doc

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. She is the most precious thing ever!!

DOC-- Congrats on recently finding out you are going to be a Grandpa. Diana must be ecstatic!

I have provided a link below to some newborn pics that my niece took with Riley, Rob, and myself.

Check out the smile on Rob's face. He is toast!! It's hard to believe that such a big man can fit around such a little finger!!

Enjoy the pics. I hope you find her as beautiful as we do.

http://gallery.me.com/ftrain9#100282

Take Care,

Dawnie

Congratz Rob and Dawn.

I am very happy for you both and also glad that Riley is healthy

Best wishes!

Karl

• Admin

Hello All,

Dawn and I would like to say "Thanks" once again for all the prayers and comments. We would also like to send a special "Thanks" to the many that have sent baby gifts over.

Thanks to Donna B. for the beautiful Pink baby blanket! :D Thanks to J. Moses and Family for the gift card! ;)

We didn't expect any of this, just goes to show how many friends and caring people are out there.

We appreciate everything,

Rob & Dawn

Rob, I have no dought, you will make a tomboy out of her! No dolls, to play with, only gold pans, detectors, drywashers. Looks like you have your hands full when she gets around 15 16 years old, your going to have to start packing! Just to keep the boys away. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

He already has a gun!

I can just see the expression on the face of her first date.

As Rob tells him that he knows places in Arizona no one ever goes to and if he lays a hand on his daughter that he will not only to Rob, but will also answer to all of US!

I have a couple of shotguns you can also borrow Rob.

Nothing has as much visual and auditory impact like the sound of a pump shotgun as the slide jacks a shell into the pipe!

Have quieted bars and angry mobs with that approach in a heart beat!

But we are all nice! Just don't mess with who we care about!

But that is years down to road!

But keep an eye on the squirrelly boy baby at the end of the row of cribs, he has a wild look about him! ROFL

WE WANT PICTURES

Rob & Dawnie

Both of you are bless to have a beautiful healthy little girl.She must take after her mother to be as cute as she is.

Rob just to let you know when you change her diaper that's not gold in it but that may be all you see for a while. :blush:

May God Bless!

Chuck Anders

Rob, I have no dought, you will make a tomboy out of her! No dolls, to play with, only gold pans, detectors, drywashers. Looks like you have your hands full when she gets around 15 16 years old, your going to have to start packing! Just to keep the boys away. Ha! Ha! Grubstake

I know all about the tomboy syndrome having one myself...all the barbie and bratz and hannah montana crap she has received for christmas is still boxed, she gives it away to her friends on Their birthday or christmas...

Rob will have her swingin the pick for him....'here honey, take the pinpointer and dig that target up...daddies going to look for more of your college fund, I mean Gold Nuggets...." :D

Congrats again to the both of you. I just looked at the pics, she is adorable....wish mine was still that cute...(it would be nice if they would stay like that forever....well, ok...nevermind that)

Nathan.

• 11 years later...