New here, New claim in Mariposa , Happy Friday!

Hi all-

I am mountain momma, I have just joined this blog and talk about the luck. I got my paperwork in the mail yesterday from BLM saying that I got my placer claim. Whooo-hooo. I was struck with the fever over a year ago and have been on the hunt for gold and a claim of my own. Our claim is in the Midpines area. Anyone from around here? I wish you all luck in the quest for gold and can't wait to learn and laugh with ya.

Mountianmamma,

I haven't posted in a while but I live up in Yosemite. There are quite a few folks around your area that visit the site. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new claim!!!!! If you want to go out sometime shoot me a pm or email sdulbs@sbcglobal.net

Sat and Sundays off. Or stop by the DNC warehouse and ask for Jay Knight.

Mountain Mom,

You talking about Sweet Water Creek...I hit a real nice pocket there many years back. Your in a great area, but you'll have to wait to dredge season since your on the wrong side of Hwy 49!!!

LuckyLundy

Hi to all and thanks for the welcome. We are North Whiskey Flat past Telegraph Hill Road. I really want to use a detector but, I am short a few 100 bucks. (I'm saving) I saw your before the storm--- NICE! What kind of detector do you use?

Welcome to the forum! The area your claims in, is an interesting area. Seems south of Sherlock, the ground can get very mineralized and produce some nice gold. I have a friend who owns 640 acres on Telegraph Hill and I haven't yet been able to beg a piece from it, yet. (I just detect). Being the first in the right spot, is all that matters. Good Luck.

Shep

Welcome to the forum! The area your claims in, is an interesting area. Seems south of Sherlock, the ground can get very mineralized and produce some nice gold. I have a friend who owns 640 acres on Telegraph Hill and I haven't yet been able to beg a piece from it, yet. (I just detect). Being the first in the right spot, is all that matters. Good Luck.

Shep

Thanks for the welcome. I have heard some tales of people finding 5 oz. nuggets off of Telegraph Road just recently. I would love a little of that action but, for now it is cheap fun. (I keep telling myself that it is just a hobby but it is feeling a lot like an addiction) Either way I can’t wait to get out there again. Have a happy Sat. and good luck to you too!!

Tamara

There's been some nice pieces found in that general area for the last several years. The fire has helped. I squeaked a little .6dwt'r out today in an area that couldn't of been got to last year.

Don't know what you're looking for in a detector, have a couple of VLFs (18000 and MXT), if you want to try (not for sale). Strongly recommend trying various detectors out before making a decision and when you buy- make sure you get a good lesson.

I hunt w/ a friend who bought a Whites GMT. I don't know much about them and can't help him, but he's not happy. Told him to buy a Minelab, but who listens to a 230# gorilla? Anyway, the offers there, I live in Oakhurst, but travel to Mariposa, bout every weekend.

Take care, Shep

Welcome Mountain Momma. Get together with that ...... I mean Shep, and try those VLF's of his. The reason people buy Minelabs is because they can find gold in heavily mineralized ground that raises hell with VLF's. Also have Shep tell you about the WSPA. It's a good club for claim owners to belong to.