Few Hours of Nuggetshooting Today

• Admin

Hello All,

Today a friend and I got an early morning start at nuggetshooting. We decided to hit one of our old stomping grounds that has always produced some nuggets in the past. After about 4 hours of hunting I ended up with four nuggets and a friend with one. I was using my trusty combo GPX-4500 metal detector along with the Coiltek Goldstalker 14-inch elliptical Mono. My friend was using his all-time favorite SD2100 with his Coiltek Goldstalker 14-inch elliptical also.

Pictured below are our nuggets on a Coiltek coil. Mine on top weighed 5.1 Dwt's, 6.4 Dwt's, 0.5 Dwt's and 0.3 Dwt's. I didn't get a weight of my friends nuggets, but my guess is around 0.5 Dwt's.

Weather was a little hotter than expected, but I managed to make it out of the desert before I got heat exhastion again. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob

That's one heck of a few hours. Nice going with the

taking it easy. Congrats!! Oh Ya, leave some for me to I'm

not fat but I am old.

Best to You

Herb

P.S. HI MATT

Wow!

Thanks for posting those babies.....that will keep me out there again tomorrow!

I am looking for number 1.......in the meantime, continue to keep posting so I

know they are not all gone!

Paul

Great Nuggies Rob! Those are some chunky fatties for sure B) I wish a couple other fellers didnt stop posting thiers.... :rolleyes:

Good job Rob you definetly have the magic touch thats some great looking gold i think you just super charged me for my hunt wens & thursday in the greaterville you da man

Justin

• Admin

Hey Border Boy,

Thanks for the comments. However, I'm not better than the next guy. You just need to get out there and learn what you can about the various placers and your equipment. It's just a matter of time until you become a very successful nuggetshooter.

Wishing you the best in Greaterville.

Rob Allison

Nice gold Rob...you are being modest.

We are created mose or less equal, but some get better than others. How? By doing as you said, learn the signs for gold country, learn how to use the equipment and practice until nearly perfect...your finds prove this is true. Anyone can find some gold some of the time...you find gold most of the time...

enough kissing up, can I be on your list too...no, not that s*^%$# list...the other one

fred

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I couldn't imagine not using a Minelab. The last 15 years I've used the Minelab PI's with great success as a hobbiest. I would have never found the amount and size of gold I have found today without the use of the Minelab PI's.

AzNuggetBob - Shot you over another PM. Hey I remember when I was much younger, probably 15 years or so I seen your success as a Nuggetshooter. I wish I could have been tromping some of those goldfields back when you did.

Uncle Ron - I used to clean all my nuggets pretty good with water and soap, no acids. However, I keep them in the natural dirty state cause the person I sell them to likes them like that. Not sure if he wants to brag about finding them or what, but since he buys them at a good price, I leave them like that. I'm sure some have some hidden beauty under all the dirt that I'm not seeing.

Justin - Go get them, Greaterville has a big nugget with your name on the side of it. If you find one with my name, just leave it there. :)

Paul - Still plenty of nuggets to be found. If you need any help, please use the forum for answers. I'm always willing to help where I can.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison