Deepers sends X5 Metal Detector for Testing

• Admin

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know Deeper's came through with the deal. The detector arrived today and the company is looking for a good field report on it. It will take a few days to get the unit ready for testing, but will have a place for everyone to see the unit if they are interested. The company wanted me to allow as many people as possible to see the unit in person. All testing will be conducted in Central, AZ.

Here is a little bit of information about the detector and company for all that have not heard about them.

Deepers Detector

Deepers X5

Pulse Induction Metal Detector

Model 2010

They are manufactured by Latincom SA Electronics of the United States and Mexico. The company claims the product is French Technology, under the license of Deepers Detector, which is recongized in more than 25 countries for the performance and quality of its detection equipment.

If you would like to know more about the specs of the detector or more company information, please visit their main website at - Deepers Main Website Page

I will post some pictures of the unit later if anyone is interested in seeing the unit.

I have to give Deepers a lot of credit stepping up to the plate and sending the detector for field testing. Says a lot about the company and it's a real deal unlike all the hype and rumors about other PI's coming out. Deepers have not made any claims about the unit beating other PI's out, just the fact it does what it does and they thought it was a great opportunity for customers in the US to see the unit perform.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob, <<<<<<<< (check you PM's) >>>>>>>

It will be interesting to see a new PI unit tested ......

Its great of Deeper to send a test unit.

Rob, Is it the basic Deepers X5 unit with the standard coil or did they also send the extra Hypersensitive Search Coil (accessory) to along with the unit ?

Also does the coils come with coil protective covers like other high end metal detectors ?

wonderer

I honestly didn't think this detector would come.

I owe Deepers an apology, whether this is a good detector or not, at least they kept their word to allow Rob to test it.

I doubted that they would do it. Sorry Deepers, I look forward to the results of testing.

clay

MinerDiggins

Hi Rob,

This is interesting and i hope i am around when you test it. 

I am confused tho, did you get the VLF/PI...2-in-one unit, or the ----Deeper X5 2010 model......???...................or both?

They were getting flamed on another forum.....i would like to see one in person!

I am still working with the GB2 as hard as i can right now,,,,one thing at a time for me!

paul

Some points of interest from the Deepers webpage:

Deepers X5 can find "a precious metal deposit or antique hidden treasure at around 2.5 m (8.2 feet) and deeper with the use of a "framed" coil." This 'frame coil' is also stated to go 4 meters deep.

"..you will not dick(sic) for crappy rubbish".

No "complicated adjustments or an obscure user manual."

"The X5 discriminates at 100%"

It uses a NiMH 2.2Ah battery.

"We are the only company in the world to offer you a Depth and Discrimination guarantees"(sic).

They also mention Minelab's GP and GPX detectors whilst discussing the use of Litz wire in their coils.

Finally, they state that certain double-box detectors like those from Fisher, Garrett & Whites (and I quote) "....these detectors are not adequate for deep detection. With or without balancing, they are whimsical and do not offer any guaranty of being reliable in detection"

I'm not going to comment on the above points of interest. Merely list them for others to take note of.

The OP's post states that Deepers have chosen the USA for testing and it's obvious that they are marketing this detector to compete with other brands for public interest. I would have chosen more mineralized locations for testing Deepers PI technology such as Australia's goldfields, due to their comparatively higher mineralization.

Guest GoldProspectinginOz

Some points of interest from the Deepers webpage:

Deepers X5 can find "a precious metal deposit or antique hidden treasure at around 2.5 m (8.2 feet) and deeper with the use of a "framed" coil." This 'frame coil' is also stated to go 4 meters deep.

"..you will not dick(sic) for crappy rubbish".

No "complicated adjustments or an obscure user manual."

"The X5 discriminates at 100%"

It uses a NiMH 2.2Ah battery.

"We are the only company in the world to offer you a Depth and Discrimination guarantees"(sic).

They also mention Minelab's GP and GPX detectors whilst discussing the use of Litz wire in their coils.

Finally, they state that certain double-box detectors like those from Fisher, Garrett & Whites (and I quote) "....these detectors are not adequate for deep detection. With or without balancing, they are whimsical and do not offer any guaranty of being reliable in detection"

I'm not going to comment on the above points of interest. Merely list them for others to take note of.

The OP's post states that Deepers have chosen the USA for testing and it's obvious that they are marketing this detector to compete with other brands for public interest. I would have chosen more mineralized locations for testing Deepers PI technology such as Australia's goldfields, due to their comparatively higher mineralization.

This tells you a lot "Average energy consumption: 175 mA/H (from 150 to 200 mA/H depending on the search coil and the frequency settings)"

Low power/low current design?

ML 4500 battery 9.2Ah Deepers 2.2Ah!

doug

http://australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com/index.php

Hey y'all,

Maybe instead of bashing them prematurely, we could wait and see what happens when Rob does his field tests,,,,seems like some of you all are quick to be negative ....

Hey, they might not be worth a flip for anything, but instead of speculating I wanna hear the field results from someone I trust....that's what field tests are for.....just sayin'

Meanwhile back with the GB2 ....I will have the nickname birdshot before long! LOL

I agree Doug, very interesting point.(ML 4500 battery 9.2Ah Deepers 2.2Ah!) The circuitry only requires (175 mA/H average (from 150 to 200 mA/H) that's how there able to use a small light weight NiMH battery pack. thats about three year battery life even if you charged it once a day. So far the only thing I have an issue with is the one year warranty on the detector? Id like to see Rob take it to some pounded patches and some volcanic hot rock patches. I'll bet Minelab is going to be watching this thred. :) AzNuggetBob

I bet you are right there, Bob!

A

I agree Doug, very interesting point.(ML 4500 battery 9.2Ah Deepers 2.2Ah!) The circuitry only requires (175 mA/H average (from 150 to 200 mA/H) that's how there able to use a small light weight NiMH battery pack. thats about three year battery life even if you charged it once a day. So far the only thing I have an issue with is the one year warranty on the detector? Id like to see Rob take it to some pounded patches and some volcanic hot rock patches. I'll bet Minelab is going to be watching this thred. :) AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I done some pre-testing today. I promised Deepers I would give a fair and honest report. If anyone wants to see this detector in person, we can set up a time on the weekend and test it. I would rather Deeper's hear from you all rather than just me. I have made some conclusions already, but don't want to post them yet. I still need some more time with the detector.

Yes, this is the Deepers X5 2010 model. The box that it came it says "Pulse Induction + VLF, so that is where I got that. Sounds like it's just a PI.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks for the update Rob...

Seems to be a popular and touchy subject....

Hey, just call it like you see it, that's all....

Hello All,

Well I done some pre-testing today. I promised Deepers I would give a fair and honest report. If anyone wants to see this detector in person, we can set up a time on the weekend and test it. I would rather Deeper's hear from you all rather than just me. I have made some conclusions already, but don't want to post them yet. I still need some more time with the detector.

Yes, this is the Deepers X5 2010 model. The box that it came it says "Pulse Induction + VLF, so that is where I got that. Sounds like it's just a PI.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

After being on their web site, I feel that their interpatation of spanish to english is a bit off, some words or phrases don't translate well or sound right.

Are you going to schedule a time & place to test and see the unit ? & post it on the forum ? I'll pray for a cloudy cool day . :D

wonderer

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I've been using detectors for nearly 20 years now, so it don't take long for me to see what a detector can and can't do within a few hours of testing. I have played around with all the settings and two coils, so I have a good idea what it can/can't do, but would like other people to verify what I'm seeing to make a fair report.

If anyone is interested, I will make a date and time for anyone to join. All I ask if that you take the time to play with it, what others and post a report about what you thought of the new Deepers X5.

I will be in out of the office working around Prescott. If anyone is intested in seeing the unit any afternoon to mid-evening around the Prescott/Precott Valley or Mayer area give me a call on my cell at - 602-909-9008 and we can meet up.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

While reading their website I found this about the x5.

http://www.deepers.com/English/Guarantee-Deepers-Detector.eng.html

"We guarantee that the Deepers X5, tuned with the following adjustments and sound settings for the headphones… SOUND switch in position 1 (red point), SENSI knob turned to maximum (red point), DISCRI knob in first position (red point), the FRE knob at maximum frequency …will detect and locate, with the mono Planar detection coil, a crushed 12 fluid ounce aluminum beer or soda can (0.5 ounces of metal), positioned horizontally in a hole with a depth of 26 inches, in neutrally mineralized ground (cultivated ground and a hole covered with the same dirt)."

A crushed soda can has a 2inch diamater, thats a large target. The guarantee is not saying that the X5 will detect a 1/2 gold nugget @ 26 inches. Very misleading.

"With the adjustments mentioned in the previous section, we guarantee that the Deepers X5 will reject an everyday tin preservative can (4/4 weighing approximately 2 pounds or any other similar target) that is rusted or not, buried at a depth of 14 inches. When you pass over this target, the red REJET LED light will blink intermittently to signal rejection."

2lbs? Wow thats a huge target.

I generally distrust a company when their guarantee is vague and misleading. I would think that some of the better VFL detectors can guarantee what deepers does.

I would love to hear Robs review, gotta give Deepers credit for sending rob the detector.

While reading their website I found this about the x5.

http://www.deepers.com/English/Guarantee-Deepers-Detector.eng.html

"We guarantee that the Deepers X5, tuned with the following adjustments and sound settings for the headphones… SOUND switch in position 1 (red point), SENSI knob turned to maximum (red point), DISCRI knob in first position (red point), the FRE knob at maximum frequency …will detect and locate, with the mono Planar detection coil, a crushed 12 fluid ounce aluminum beer or soda can (0.5 ounces of metal), positioned horizontally in a hole with a depth of 26 inches, in neutrally mineralized ground (cultivated ground and a hole covered with the same dirt)."

A crushed soda can has a 2inch diamater, thats a large target. The guarantee is not saying that the X5 will detect a 1/2 gold nugget @ 26 inches. Very misleading.

"With the adjustments mentioned in the previous section, we guarantee that the Deepers X5 will reject an everyday tin preservative can (4/4 weighing approximately 2 pounds or any other similar target) that is rusted or not, buried at a depth of 14 inches. When you pass over this target, the red REJET LED light will blink intermittently to signal rejection."

2lbs? Wow thats a huge target.

I generally distrust a company when their guarantee is vague and misleading. I would think that some of the better VFL detectors can guarantee what deepers does.

I would love to hear Robs review, gotta give Deepers credit for sending rob the detector.

The key words in the above are "in neutrally mineralized ground"

Even so I think any ML PI (and perhaps even some VLF's) would beat this detection depth by up to 100%! In mineralized ground I think a ML would be beat the Deepers by hundreds of %!!!!!

Its does not appear that the Deepers has any method for canceling out the ground other than by reducing sensitivity and using a crude auto re tune circuit?

I may be totally wrong in the above but I do not believe the Deepers X5 will ever be useful for nugget hunting in mineralized ground.

Deepers detectors have been looked at on other forums like Geotech and from memory no one with technical expertise took the Deepers claims seriously!!!! Download the Deepers X5 users manual, read it and make up your own mind! An idiot on finders forum(who thinks that multi layer SM boards generate "harmonics"!!!LOL!)thinks the X5 looks like the QED! What an insult to the QED!

doug

Doug I'd have to agree with you again, neutral mineralized ground is right up there with bench testing. AzNuggetBob

That's why we do a lot of testing at the test sites where targets have to be detected through a minimally disturbed mineralized ground matrix in a real goldfield.

doug

Just got this e-mail back from Deepers

Dear Allen

Unfortunately our detectors have been designed mostly for deep target hunting and not gold nuggets in particular.

We always advise our clients which are looking for gold nugget hunting (mostly in the US) to get a Minelab.

Best regards,

Adrien Châtillon

Deepers Sales Team

Archived