Deepers sends X5 Metal Detector for Testing

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoldProspectinginOz

:closedeyes: Huego, you say "It was never said (by Doug or me or anyone it would match or beat the 4500 " above, are you lying???

And sorry to tell you the bad news, but screen shots are legal here in the USA!!!!

I believe the QED will beat the 4500 in performance for price and it has some unique features, like the ability to have the firmware upgraded without having to buy the next model!Their is also a wav file on my new forum of the QED running inside BW's workshop (many sources of EMI) Try doing this with a 4500 except in cancel mode!

doug

http://australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com/index.php

Send me one. We'll test it at the school. - Terry

>>I believe the QED will beat the 4500 in performance for price and it has some unique features, like the ability to have the firmware upgraded without having to buy the next model!Their is also a wav file on my new forum of the QED running inside BW's workshop (many sources of EMI) Try doing this with a 4500 except in cancel mode!

doug

http://australianele...m.com/index.php<<

I believe the QED will beat the 4500 in performance for price and it has some unique features, like the ability to have the firmware upgraded without having to buy the next model!Their is also a wav file on my new forum of the QED running inside BW's workshop (many sources of EMI) Try doing this with a 4500 except in cancel mode!

doug

Doug,

If the QED can't match or better the Minelab GPX 4500 in the ground, who cares if it beats it on price and can play music ? There are already detectors out there that can beat a 4500 for price eg Goldscan 5C, TDI, Infinium.

However, none of them come within a bulls roar of a 4500 where it counts !

And by the time that Bugs perfects the QED, we will access to the Minelab GPX5000 or 5500 and the QED will still be behind the 8 ball!

Rick

“It was never said (by Doug or me or anyone) it would match or beat the 4500 and all that preceded it from ML.”

I am very careful what I say about the QED, as I have no inside knowledge. On GPOZ I expressed my “personal views (as) a prospective (QED) user”. Thats a fact. Then I defended the QEDs existence & performance against QED DENIERS and still do. If I speculate I say so, so my speculations can be rejected. If my views are based on released results I say so. Almost always they are. This is a clarification, not a back down.

What I said about the QED whenever that was, maybe 6 months or more ago, was based on the estimated costs, estimated release dates and early test results from field testing (depth, noise, small & large gold targets etc). What was said then was as I saw it then (as accurate as was possible at the time).

I don’t lie, other deniers do. I may make errors at times but I stand by what I said then. The release date was delayed for reasons outside design teams control. Test results showed how it matched ML models before & up to the 4500. As I have always said, and still believe, the QED should be aimed to match or exceed the 4500 (and all that preceded it). How well it does this will be seen when the final version is tested, costed & released. If it comes close and costs 1/4 as much it will be be a great achievement.

What happened to the Deepers X5 discussion? Isn't this supposed to be about the X5? Agian, the publicity & controversy for the QED is coming from detractors.

Huego :)

Doug, If the QED can't match or better the Minelab GPX 4500 in the ground, who cares if it beats it on price and can play music? There are already detectors out there that can beat a 4500 for price eg Goldscan 5C, TDI, Infinium. However, none of them come within a bulls roar of a 4500 where it counts !

And by the time that Bugs perfects the QED, we will access to the Minelab GPX5000 or 5500 and the QED will still be behind the 8 ball! Rick

What if it does come closer than a "bulls roar" in most field conditions & costs 1/4 of the 4500 :blush:

What if it if plays music (from a sound card) while you have you lunch & tells you battery power is low, etc :mellow:

what if software can be downloaded (performance upgraded for years) so it matches or comes close to the best there is? :blush:

what if it is called a QED-2 and not a JNX-5000 or a QED-3 and not a JNX-5500. :blush:

I'll tell you who cares, MindLab will care & so will most prospectors who look for value + performance + easy, low-cost upgradeablity + more.

Early tests confirmed it will deliver on both performance & price! :)

What happened to Deepers X5?

PS: I want my QED to play harmonic(a) music to me while I have lunch & talk to me while I'm detecting, warn me of this & that ..... all at extra cost! :o:lol:

doug

Doug,

You are not going to prospect for gold in Bug's workshop !

The Goldscan 5C could run in a workshop as well, but out in the real world wouldn't come anywhere near the Minelab GPX4500 for performance !

The 4500 can run inside too, and is still remarkably sensitive in cancel mode.

But as I state, we don't go looking for gold in a workshop. To be able to run inside, or be immune to ALL emi, there is always a trade off.

Rick

Doug,

If the QED can't match or better the Minelab GPX 4500 in the ground, who cares if it beats it on price and can play music ? T

However, none of them come within a bulls roar of a 4500 where it counts !

And by the time that Bugs perfects the QED, we will access to the Minelab GPX5000 or 5500 and the QED will still be behind the 8 ball!

Rick

Many folk would not agree with you as shown by the feedback and interest already shown in the QED! As for you last statement it just shows how little you know about the QED and its technology! Pretty silly to comment on something that you know zilch about!!!

have a good day,

doug

This will become apparent when the QED patent application is published.

For all info on the QED or to ask questions about it or talk with the QED designer or the USA Goldsweeper designer come to my new forum because InPlus GPOZ is dead!

All aspects of the field testing of the SM board version QED's (being made now) will be made public on my forum warts and all!

all the best, doug

Good advice Doug,

Rather than look at old opinions, based on old facts, why don't deniers go to your NEW forum to ask the designers (QED & US Goldsweeper) what they want to know?

Cause they may hear something they don't want to know?

Focus for most denigrators, now the QED exists, is on discrediting it & its supporters publicly, for some mirth, while waiting for the jinxed 5000!

Well, others can play at that, ask JP, how childish and silly that game is!

It reflects poorly on those who participate in discrediting something they know nothing about! .

Get the facts from the Oracle, like Doug and I did, and make up your own minds.

.... the QED is already meeting some of its claims. eg SMR and in AIR tests on some objects like coins and some nuggets it easily beats the 4500 for detection range. The latest board is the best yet and each board brings us closer to the final version and then to making the decision to go to SMC boards for the field trials. (Doug, july 2009)

B):o

This is supposed to be about Deepers X5!

Good advice Doug,

Rather than look at old opinions, based on old facts, why don't deniers go to your NEW forum to ask the designers (QED & US Goldsweeper) what they want to know?

Cause they may hear something they don't want to know?

Focus for most denigrators, now the QED exists, is on discrediting it & its supporters publicly, for some mirth, while waiting for the jinxed 5000!

Well, others can play at that, ask JP, how childish and silly that game is!

It reflects poorly on those who participate in discrediting something they know nothing about! .

Get the facts from the Oracle, like Doug and I did, and make up your own minds.

This is supposed to be about Deepers X5!

Yes this thread is about the Deepers X5 Huego. I imagine you are an intelligent honest man Huego. I count nine posts by yourself to this discussion. You have made passing reference to the Deepers in at least three of your posts on this thread. Once you made a pertinent comment on the advertised abilities of the Deepers. By a simple word and sentence count you seem much more concerned about something called the QED, Your other main concern is Minelab detectors.

Neither you nor I have tested a Deepers or a QED. The subject of this thread is Rob, and others, real life test of the Deepers machine.

Thank you for your opinions Huego. I look forward to reading the results of the Deepers tests.

clay

MinerDiggins

Yes this thread is about the Deepers X5 Huego. I imagine you are an intelligent honest man Huego. I count nine posts by yourself to this discussion. You have made passing reference to the Deepers in at least three of your posts on this thread. Once you made a pertinent comment on the advertised abilities of the Deepers. By a simple word and sentence count you seem much more concerned about something called the QED, Your other main concern is Minelab detectors.

Neither you nor I have tested a Deepers or a QED. The subject of this thread is Rob, and others, real life test of the Deepers machine.

Thank you for your opinions Huego. I look forward to reading the results of the Deepers tests.

clay

MinerDiggins

Clay, to explain myself, I will defend the QED from BS created by those who know nothng of it (no matter what thread it is on). Just as some defend ML or attack me. I tried to restore the thread direction, but if discussion continues on the QED I will correct any lies or distortions. Doug does the same, but differently & he's more 'in the know". <_< (see edited post with quote on previous page)

You forgot to count the posts by the detractors (red herring creators)! Yes, I try to be honest but I correct the distractions posting on their QED imaginings . The best way for the Deepers X5 to return here is for those who have something to say about it to speak. Otherwise I see this as filling in time while waiting.

Thanks for the civility shown in your post. However, I will hang around .. B)

Huego

Thank you for your reply Huego. You may have missed my intent in responding to your posts.

I have no interest in any detector that is not available. Thank you for your repeated opinions on a detector that is not available.

I have no objection whatever to you "hanging around" I hope you enjoy Rob's forum as much as I do.

May we return to the subject of "Deepers sends X5 Metal Detector for Testing"?

I look forward to any results of the testing of the Deepers X5.

clay

MinerDiggins

Rob,

I am with Bunk, butI may be too new to test the X5.... maybe that would be a perspective the company would like to evaluate, tho.

Maybe they could use comments about how easy or hard it is for a beginner.

Anyway, I am from TN so I have to VOLUNTEER.....just a thought. I am off work on Sunday and Monday.

PS. I found my biggest flake 2 days ago in my new/used Weekender Gold drywasher.....i like it!

Got another flash of the fever!!!!

I am available if you need any help.

Clay,

thank you for your interest in my interest, which is not in the underperforming X5, as you know. But I am interested in new, emerging competitive products like the Goldsweeper & QED. My intent in responding to your post was mostly to highlight your selective interest in just my posts rather than those who question the QED with wild assumptions (red herrings), on a post that should rather be focussing on the X5 testing. My repeated opinons are not aimed at those who are not interested, rather those who are & who keep posting diversions.

Your other selective interest in what you consider real detectors is fine by me to as it means you won’t comment about the detectors you hear about, but can’t see or buy, unlike others here who do.

I guess if there was anything to say on the X5 if would be being said. No one is stopping or blocking posts on the X5 are they? Bring back the X5 discussion.

Have a good day, Huego :)

Few have the courage to say anything negative or questioning of ML or speak about what can be improved.

Did you miss the thread from April where Minelab customer service was absolutely torn a new one by many on this forum including some of the most respected regulars? Here it is in case you missed it:

http://www.nuggethunting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7128&st=0

As far as the implication that Minelab dealers will allow their Minelab bias to get in the way of proper testing of a Deepers, QED or any other detector, that is just pure nonsense. Many Minelab dealers carry multiple brands. Anyone in business with any common sense will salivate at the prospect of being able to add a new product to their store or web site that performs well at a good price. If anything, I'm sure Rob WANTS the Deepers to be an awesome unit and will want the same for the QED. They would fill a niche and increase sales. Many people cannot afford or simply don't want to spend $4700 on ANY detector no matter how good it is. I'm sure Rob, Chris and Doc would love to have the QED be by far and away the best unit at it's price point. They'd be able to get in on the ground floor of one hell of an opportunity if the QED pans out. I hardly think they are rooting against it, unless they don't like money, which I doubt.

Many people cannot afford or simply don't want to spend $4700 on ANY detector no matter how good it is.

This is an interesting comment because many ML folk say that unless a new detector is better than the 4500 they will not buy it regardless of price!

QED update

http://australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com/index.php?topic=8.0

all the very best,

doug

This is an interesting comment because many ML folk say that unless a new detector is better than the 4500 they will not buy it regardless of price!

Without question that is true for many including myself (as long as I have the money that is), but I imagine there are FAR more sub $1500 Garrett, Whites, Fisher etc. sold every year than GPX 4500s. Which means there is an absolutely enormous market for the QED if it crushes everything else in it's price range. If it does, no doubt that Kellyco will carry it immediately. Rob, Chris and Doc would just be throwing away some potentially very nice profits if they didn't follow suit. The Deepers doesn't sound like it will end up being a big seller though but who knows, Kellyco and others may pick it up if it's pretty good for certain tasks at it's price point. Deepers could tune it up and make some improvements and maybe have a pretty nice unit for the price.

FWIW, in spite of being sold on Minelab myself I'm rooting like hell for the QED to succeed and I bet most others are too including my fellow Minelab fanboys. Like Intel has AMD, Minelab needs a tough upstart to start coming at them. It will only improve the technology while at the same time lowering the prices. Don't think that many Minelab dealers aren't rooting for it to succeed as well for the same reasons, with the added benefit of being able to make money themselves selling it.

The skepticism directed at the QED is normal and to be expected, so don't let it bother you. Skepticism is normal and healthy. Let me give you an example as to why this is true. Imagine a car company claims that they will be producing a sports car that can give exotic cars costing 3-4X as much a run for their money. Skepticism, even intense skepticism would abound from all corners, but this is exactly what Chevrolet managed to pull off in 1997, coming out of nowhere with the release of the Corvette C5. In spite of not having the godly refinement of many exotic cars (it was still amazingly well refined for the price!) it's performance was quite competitive with the exotics and even exceeded the performance of some (while still lacking that ultra refinement of course). If the QED can compete with the GPX 4500 in a similar fashion they are going to have one hell of a lot of sales in a big hurry. I would have been extremely skeptical of any claims from Chevrolet about a new Vette competing with high end Porsches and Ferraris in 1997 but I would certainly have reserved judgement until it was released and the auto magazines and other testers got ahold of the car. Likewise I'll remain skeptical of the QED but reserve judgement, though I will say I'm cautiously optimistic. It's super tough to pull off what Chevy did with the C5 but not only did they pull it off, they upped the ante big time in 2005 with the C6. I hope they pull it off in similar fashion with the QED for sure!!

Congratulations Paul! :D - Terry

...PS. I found my biggest flake 2 days ago in my new/used Weekender Gold drywasher.....i like it!

Got another flash of the fever!!!!

I am available if you need any help.

Guest dennis sanders

Clay, to explain myself, I will defend the QED from BS created by those who know nothng of it (no matter what thread it is on). Just as some defend ML or attack me. I tried to restore the thread direction, but if discussion continues on the QED I will correct any lies or distortions. Doug does the same, but differently & he's more 'in the know". <_< (see edited post with quote on previous page)

You forgot to count the posts by the detractors (red herring creators)! Yes, I try to be honest but I correct the distractions posting on their QED imaginings . The best way for the Deepers X5 to return here is for those who have something to say about it to speak. Otherwise I see this as filling in time while waiting.

Thanks for the civility shown in your post. However, I will hang around .. B)

Huego

hugo whatever this qed or whatever the heck it is..doesnt stand a rats butt chance of outdoing minelab..for over 3 years or more ive heard of this joke..aint gonna a happen total waste of time

hugo whatever this qed or whatever the heck it is..doesnt stand a rats butt chance of outdoing minelab..for over 3 years or more ive heard of this joke..aint gonna a happen total waste of time

whoever / whenever you are, I don't give a rats arse that you neither care or know nothing about new products. It doesn't matter to me how many have failed before or what the rat tails (tales) spun were. Unlike you, some here DO have an interest in new & emerging technologies & products. I'm one and believe its gonna happen. Why would anyone waste time?

Without knowing apparently ANYTHING about the QED how can you draw this conclusion?

doug

Guest dennis sanders

Without knowing apparently ANYTHING about the QED how can you draw this conclusion?

doug

why is it minelab can make a new detector every 6 months..for atlest 3 years ive heard of this thing or whatever it is..its only obvious there aint mutch brains about it..and iam sure there aint no money to get it going..but then again probably get it put together in china for about 100.00..iam sure in another 3 years will still be hearing about this crap..heck even if it does turn into a reality it will be available out of china for a deep discount

Archived